Sign in to follow this  
Bordoy

Firemen strike

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Oct. 27 2002,02:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Besides, they knew what their pay would be before they signed on.<span id='postcolor'>

10 years ago it could have been a good wage, what if there have been no payrises in all that time, still they have no right to strike?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Oct. 27 2002,07:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">what if there have been no payrises in all that time...<span id='postcolor'>

And what if their pay has been triplified, with cars and pretty ladys as bonuses?

And they've also received absolutely no pay raises with the changing economy?

There is a realy simple solution to this... Don't sell matchs, AND beer at the same time! tounge.gif But seriously... if someone is stupid enough to have a fire and let it get out of control... I think they deserve to lose all their stuff. After all Fire is Mother Natures way of killing off the stupid.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Papageorge @ Oct. 27 2002,02:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But seriously... if someone is stupid enough to have a fire and let it get out of control... I think they deserve to lose all their stuff. After all Fire is Mother Natures way of killing off the stupid.<span id='postcolor'>

Tell that to the family in the Midlands who lost 7 family members to an arson attack this year......

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Papageorge @ Oct. 27 2002,10:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But seriously... if someone is stupid enough to have a fire and let it get out of control... I think they deserve to lose all their stuff. After all Fire is Mother Natures way of killing off the stupid.<span id='postcolor'>

I am sure you would`nt say that if you house went up in flames due to accident or arson or some prat putting a firework through your letter box and it does happen

*sigh* Arsen, Letter box fire works, and accidents. Thats what you use to assualt my, If you are stupid enough to have a fire and let it get out of control you shouldn't have your stuff?

Tisk tisk. You people. Where did I say if some random, slim %, kid lights a fire bomb huks it into your front window you shouldn't be able to call the fire Depart? The whole Point and objective of my previous post was, the amount of people on the fire Dept. should only go to people that really deserve it. And that morons that buy beer and matchs and burn things and let it get out of hand deserve what happens. But, yes, thanks for riping on that idea.

It was a silly idea, there are many many reasons fires start, most aren't caused by stupidity, by your rationale firefighters shouldn't go out to people trapped in cars caused by them driving too fast and having an accident...........

And how are they supposed to find out which fires are accidental or not?

The idea was silly, the fact that you're going on with it is... sillier.

Trying to be nice here.

Most fires are caused by stupidity. Leaving a fag end still on or a gas cooker still on, thats stupidity.

Hmz, what the firemen did sounds rather dumb to me, i hope some of them were prepared to stay ready to help people in case of emergency.

When you have such an important job you shouldn't do stuff like that. Basically they are playing with innocent ppl their lives...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bordoy @ Oct. 29 2002,00:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Most fires are caused by stupidity. Leaving a fag end still on or a gas cooker still on, thats stupidity.<span id='postcolor'>

Have you even been reading this thread?

I think it was my science teacher who quoted "Do not shirk! Do your work!"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Oct. 28 2002,19:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Have you even been reading this thread?<span id='postcolor'>

I started this thread.

STRIKES ARE CURRENTLY BEING CALLED OFF