Hi all I was just wondering if anyone could give me a bit of guidance on the UGL animations that BI created.  I have managed to animate the tube of the UGL using what they have created but alongside this there is also some translation and hide commands for the actual grenade.  I have got a grenade in the model by using the slug_f and a proxy but I have no clue as to where the memory points need to go to get the animations to work.  If anyone has a clue I'd be so grateful for the help.

PS this can be moved if it's in the wrong area.

Hi all I was just wondering if anyone could give me a bit of guidance on the UGL animations that BI created.  I have managed to animate the tube of the UGL using what they have created but alongside this there is also some translation and hide commands for the actual grenade.  I have got a grenade in the model by using the slug_f and a proxy but I have no clue as to where the memory points need to go to get the animations to work.  If anyone has a clue I'd be so grateful for the help.

PS this can be moved if it's in the wrong area.

There should be an example of the new animations in the Samples folder

• Like 1

Well it all depends on 

i) the type of UGL you're animating (being 3CB I'm guessing its a HK AG36 derivative - if I'm right I have the solution below :) )

ii) how in depth you want to go with the animations.

I've animated the UGL on the L119A1 pack I've used for my squad's addons that used the following code (I've added in a few comments as guidelines to explain what each anim does, and where memory pojnts etc should go):

// Before you start:
// ugl_anim = selection of the tube (including 40mm round) that animates and rotates upon the axis 'ugl_hinge'
// ugl_hinge = 2 memory points vertically aligned to sit within the rotation hinge that swings the ugl tube open
// 40mm = a named selection for the 40mm round
// 40mm_axis = 2 named points sitting along the centre axis of the 40mm round - also part of 'ugl_anim' selection so as to animate with the tube.

// Opening the tube to begin the reload
			class UGL_reload_part_1 
			{
				type="rotation";
				source = "reloadMagazine2";
				selection = "ugl_anim";
				axis = "ugl_hinge";
				minValue = 0.145; // was 0.145
				maxValue = 0.170; // was 0.170
				angle0=-0;
				angle1=-rad 17;
			};

// This part closes the tube once everything else is done
			class UGL_reload_part_2: UGL_reload_part_1
			{
				minValue = 0.700; // was 0.83
				maxValue = 0.725; // was 0.855
				angle0=-0;
				angle1=-rad -17;
			};

// This animation pushes the 40mm round out of the tube, simulated by the reloader's hand pulling it out.
			class UGL_reload_40mm_move_OUT
			{
				type = "translation";
				source = "reloadMagazine2";
				selection = "40mm";
				axis = "40mm_axis";
				minValue = 0.310;
				maxValue = 0.330;
				offset0 = 0.0;
				offset1 = 0.7;
			};

// this anim hides the 40mm round, as simulated by the reloader removing it from the tube
			class 40mm_hide
			{
				type="hide";
				source="reloadMagazine2";
				selection="40mm";
				minValue=0.000;
				maxValue=1.000;
				hideValue=0.329;
				unhideValue = 0.600; // was 0.550
			};

// this is a reversal of the UGL removal and re-shows it being inserted back into the tube.
			class UGL_reload_40mm_move_IN: UGL_reload_40mm_move_OUT
			{
				minValue = 0.615;
				maxValue = 0.680;
				offset0 = 0.0;
				offset1 = -0.7;
			};

The timings etc will obviously need tweaking to fit your reload .rtms - these are configured to use Toadie's AG36 reload anims.

Thanks very much. I had the config from the khayber I think it is (not at my PC at the mo). It was just the placement of the memory points to get the Grenade to move and disappear which is what I was struggling. I'll try moving them to be in line with the axis like you have done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There should be an example of the new animations in the Samples folder

I had a look in there and couldn't see one unfortunately.

Thanks for the help I managed to get it working in bulldozer but once I went in game the shell seems to have disappeared, I'm not using you're config I'm using the BI one still so gonna have to spend a bit more time playing with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its either a dodgy selection or it doesn't like you using proxies for hide anims. I'm not sure either way but double-check your selection names and all anims etc. If it looks good then its probably because you're using a proxy.

So just to keep anyone who is interested up to date the team at 3CB have helped me out and it's been confirmed that it was down to the fact that we were trying to use a proxy.  So in future no proxie hide animations with weapons.

• Like 1

good to know - have you guys got the animated ladder sights working? can i borrow your configs/ model.cfgs please? for unsung mod. as my m203 ladder only goes 45 degrees up... and i have no idea what to do with the eye points, they're just whacked.

the sample is not much help at all