duda123

Advanced Tow Ropes

Works like a charm!

I wonder if it'd be possible to have a speed cap while towing. It feels a bit weird to tow a tank with another tank at full speed. Something like 2/3 of the vehicles' speed would be enough, I guess.

• Like 1

Published an update to GitHub to fix a few things:

1. Prevents vehicle from "spinning" around the towing vehicle.

2. The towed vehicle now moves a bit smoother.

3. The towed vehicle no longer gets stuck in one position if the tower isn't moving.

4. Resolved some problems with boat towing.

Issues I've seen:

The cargo containers aren't oriented the same way as vehicles, so you can end up pulling them sideways.

Things I'm working on:

I have code in there that lets you attach the tow ropes to any side of the cargo, but need to work out how to adjust the vehicle rotation when being pulled.

What about 2 ropes for Cargo conatiners..one on each corner to keep it from pulling it sideways? Not sure if that's possible or not. Great work so far,really is gonna add a whole new level to the game for those of us that like the logistics side.

Diesel

Unfortunately two ropes won't work - the ropes don't actually do anything when towing stuff. They just make it look pretty :)

The sideways issue is only apparent if you're towing a long cargo container. The rope will attach to the side of it (the long side) and will be towed with that long side facing your vehicle.

Unfortunately two ropes won't work - the ropes don't actually do anything when towing stuff. They just make it look pretty :)

The sideways issue is only apparent if you're towing a long cargo container. The rope will attach to the side of it (the long side) and will be towed with that long side facing your vehicle.

Ahh ok yeah that makes sense..for me I was just thinking being able to pull a container out of a smaller space to Helo it or load it on a hemmt would be great..no need to be towing the thing all the way across Altis..lol And Belbo has a good point maybe limiting the vehicle speed while towing as well.. Thanks for working on this and taking our suggestions into consideration..much appreciated.

Diesel

Ok, I've added in some speed limits, based on the mass of the vehicle & cargo being towed.

I've also made an update that will set the cargo ownership to the owner of the vehicle doing the towing. Makes the towing "effect" much smoother for the person doing the towing.

Give it a try again. I think it's pretty much ready to go! Thanks for your help testing. Now, I just need to somehow fix the steam publisher tool... not working.

Works great on a dedicated server.

Ok, I've added in some speed limits, based on the mass of the vehicle & cargo being towed.

I've also made an update that will set the cargo ownership to the owner of the vehicle doing the towing. Makes the towing "effect" much smoother for the person doing the towing.

Give it a try again. I think it's pretty much ready to go! Thanks for your help testing. Now, I just need to somehow fix the steam publisher tool... not working.

Works great on a dedicated server.

I'll give this a try again tonight..never used the Steam Publishing tool..have to check that out for my Data Terminal Arsenal...thanks for all your hard work!

Diesel

Closing - as you have made a release :padlock: