HeroesandvillainsOS

Is the 3D Editor mandatory?

Copy then Ctrl-Shift-V (Dead handy for placing a row of sandbags or something, especially when combined with the translation widget). Didn't realise that it works across multiple missions which is cool.

I don't get it. What does "paste with exact positions" mean?

I sometimes create bases and triggers on an empty map and then merge them to my almost completed missions. How do I merge something like that now? With the above copy + ctrl+shift+v?

Ctrl-Shift-V pastes the copied objects at their original position, meaning that you can import complex prefabs from another mission, just like we used to do when merging missions.

• Like 1

Ctrl-Shift-V pastes the copied objects at their original position, meaning that you can import complex prefabs from another mission, just like we used to do when merging missions.

So what does layering do then? I assumed it was this.

A layer is basically just a collection of objects that makes them easier to find, so I could create a base, have all the empty objects in one layer and all the units guarding it in another layer. Then if I want to copy and paste the base I can just select the layer that contains the empty objects quickly and easily. 

• Like 2