Sign in to follow this  
zippyo

Aliens - dropship

if (height<10m) && (gear is up) play animation "gear down"

if (height>=10m) && (gear is down) play animation "gear up"

Or try to use AddAction. Some kind of work-around...

I "accidentally borrowed" all the models and textures from AvP1 and 2 if anyone's interested. (3ds and jpg format)

I think it's okay to use them if you credit the original authors.

Here's some info for you.

Spec.s for Dropship;

Crew: Pilot and Chief/Weapons Officer

Engines: 2 Republic Dynamics TF-900 turbines each rated at 310 kN dry thrust and 2 TF-220/A-14 combined cycle engines.

Dimensions

Height: 6.05 m

Length: 25.18 m

Span: 12.59 m

Weights

Loaded: 18,260 kg

Maximum Loaded: 34,630 kg

Performance: Power to weight ratio (loaded) 1:3.3; (maximum loaded) 1:1.7. Range is variable dependant on mission profile, load and ambient atmospheric conditions, but the UD4L is capable of dropping a load from low orbit, landing vertically, and lifting to orbit again from a vertical launch.

Armament:

1 x 25 mm gatling gun with 900 rounds

32 x 150 mm unguided rockets

12 x 70 mm unguided rockets

8 x 120 mm guided rockets

7 x AGM-220 air-to-ground missiles

3 x TSAM threat suppression missiles

3 x AIM-90 short range air-to-air missiles

The UD4L Dropship is a versatile dropship and tactical transport. It was derived from an original Department of Defense requirement formulated at the end of the Tienstin conflict. It acts as a gunship by using its own internal gun and deploying weapon pods and hardpoints for rockets and missiles. The principle airframe is constructed from superplastic-formed diffusion-bonded metal matrix composites (MMC) and its 103.6 cubic meter internal payload bay can easily fit a M577 A.P.C. (turret stowed). The engines can produce exceptionally high thrust for low specific fuel consumption. The UD4L Dropship is also called a "Cheyenne." It has AN/ALQ-2004E defensive systems to keep it well protected. It has two types of power plants to allow vertical take-off capability (VTOL) hover to the hypersonic trans-atmospheric.

Pilot and Co-pilot seating

dropshipp2.jpg

dropship2_bigmug.jpg

A Gunship version has been noted around the web with only the follow details;

Gunship carries more armour and ammo than Dropship and also has better thrusters, so can out maneuver Dropship.

1x Gunship is equal to 3x Dropships.

If you want it here's a Gun/Dropship file that's to scale just need a bit of TLC.

drop.jpg

P3D Drop/Gunship file untextured

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ Oct. 27 2002,11:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Wow that looks awesome!! Are you going to do USCM next?

BTW, isnt it funny how in many sci-fi movies, soldiers are always marines, even though there is no water around? Marines are supposed to be a water based battalion (hence, MARINEs, marine coming from marina), not an urban fighting force!<span id='postcolor'>

well.. they are traveling on space SHIPS.. so wouldn't that make them space MARINES?

working on it but gotta go to work as well

interesting....

drop.jpg

drago are you working on this as well?

zip

just so much F@#&$ing work !!! In-Game makes it look even nicer

zip

Screenshot95.jpg

ah yeah the ramp, well haven't got the time lately for the computer and I don't have resistance either (YET) but 1.46 does not support those luxiourios things. Later version will have moving L/G and ramp, probably folding rocket and missile pods as well.

Must warn you that when you are "in-flight" (you are the pilot of the vehicle and the engine is running) you can not activate animations so you will not be able to open missle pods unless you are on the ground.

Btw, great job and I know that those things would make ur model be even nicer but its just not possible yet sad.gif

PS remember me from OFPInternals forums?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Soul_Assassin @ Nov. 03 2002,01:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Must warn you that when you are "in-flight" (you are the pilot of the vehicle and the engine is running) you can not activate animations so you will not be able to open missle pods unless you are on the ground.<span id='postcolor'>

I recall a vehicle, released a couple of weeks ago, just when movable parts on vehicles were discovered. That could actually move it's parts while driving around in it. Sorry, can't remember the name of it.

project hellden's F-14 tomcat had wings which moved inflight smile.gif (by makin them into flaps or sumthin)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Soul_Assassin @ Nov. 03 2002,00:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Must warn you that when you are "in-flight" (you are the pilot of the vehicle and the engine is running) you can not activate animations so you will not be able to open missle pods unless you are on the ground.

Btw, great job and I know that those things would make ur model be even nicer but its just not possible yet sad.gif

PS remember me from OFPInternals forums?<span id='postcolor'>

Why not have the rockets as the flaps up/ flaps down animation?

That way aswell, when the ship is low, and coming into land, it will get out the rockets.

(like in the film)

Do you really wnat to have to press "Flaps Down" everytime you want the rockets to open, besides helicopter class cant even have flaps.

hey Soul wussup....of course I remember, You are one of the only...and of course Planck ....for a long time we were the only ones on the forum there. how's things?...BTW keep the brainstorm comin'....that's the only way WE can make things like this happen.

zip

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KuRoKo @ Oct. 22 2002,13:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">there is only one thing I can say about this one ^_^

Go baby go.. I am so disapointed that there aren't many unrealistic addons out there, why confine ourselfs.. OFP is so free and open that is one of the best things about it.

between hoverboards, jump ships and maybe even the offchance of a mech/AC coming out ^_^ I think unrealistic is fun.<span id='postcolor'>

Operation Scifi Mod Center

If you guys like scifi check out our forums. We currently have three Scifi mods in progress including Star Wars and WH40k

I am working on a new mission for Frungo to see if i make the mission editing team ill be back soon got to get to work