Sign in to follow this  
jakeplissken

Enemies can spot me too easily underwater.

I have found that the enemies can spot me far too easily underwater. I am sneaking up on boats from below and suddenly the crew start shooting at me and the men on the shore in military towers as well. I thought that it would be quite difficult to spot a diver underwater 20 meters down, but no. I am trying to make a mission where I have to sneak up on boats and plant explosives on them. But this difficult when they spot me and start shooting. I have a trigger set to Detected by OPFOR and it triggers when I am still 10 meters down. Is there a way around this? I am setting this near the dock at the main airbase on Altis and the dock has an OPFOR site on it and the two HMG boats in the water.

I remember playing a showcase or was it campaign mission where you had to do this and it worked. Has the AI changed since the older versions of Arma 3 regarding detection of enemies underwater?

I was using ACE3 and TFAR.

Thanks.

Have you tried without ACE3?

• Like 1

This is a know issue/bug. Hope it get fixed sooner than later.

/KC

I don't know if ACE even affects the spotting, but it's pretty unrealistic without it too.

Your only option is to lower their spotting skills to minimum and hope for the best. Or use disableAI or something to prevent them from engaging.

I don't remember how they reacted in that official mission but it might have been some dirty workaround too.

Ticket about it: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=2240