Sign in to follow this  
opendome

Arma goes down to 0 FPS for host over multiple maps?

So I've made several missions across several different maps (Kunduz and Reshmaan for example) but for the host the game ends up tanking to 0 FPS just for the host. I don't understand why it keeps doing this. We have to use tungle in order to host since the whole gamespy thing went down. I have the mission setup with ALIVE pretty light so there aren't tons of units or objectives 

Mods are: ACE, ALIVE, CBA_A3, RHSAFRF, RHSUSF, mrt_accfns, tryk, sma 2.1, spec 4 vests, dynasounds, spyder addons, L immerse, CUP Terrains, Leights OPFOR, mad build, mad resh, DAR Maxxpro, and DAR hmmvw

Have you checked your (or whoever is hosting) RPT file? Also, the possible causes are numerous, but the most likely are RPT-spamming from either sound-mods, or an addon such as ALIVE. I'm not saying it is these that are responsible, but the RPT may hold the answer.

• Like 1

Thanks for the help! Here's the RPT file but I' unsure of how to see whats wrong in it? Unfortunately its too large to post here but heres the file

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=88111559934788066129

Thanks for the upload.

...the most likely are RPT-spamming from either sound-mods, or an addon such as ALIVE. I'm not saying it is these that are responsible, but the RPT may hold the answer.

Seems I was right. A lot of ALIVE/Leight's OPFOR Pack conflicts (mainly LOPFOR being piss-poorly coded in relationg to ALIVE).

However, that only accounts for RPT spam, not the crashes that occur immediately after

16:56:05 Ragdoll - loading of ragdoll source "Soldier" started.
16:56:05 Ragdoll - loading of ragdoll source "Soldier" finished successfully.

Could be related to a particular LOPFOR unit getting killed, or might be completely unrelated.

Either way, I'd avoid using Leight's OPFOR with ALIVE, as its bombarding your RPT file with errors galore. Either that, or try updating, as more recent versions seem to have fixed (read: reduced) the RPT spam (apparently).

EDIT: As a side note, why does your -mod startup line reference the absolute path to the mod folders?

e.g. -mod=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@7cmbg;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@a3maps;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@ace;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@ALiVE;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@CBA_A3;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@DragonFyreLite;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@fa18_a3;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@mcc_sandbox;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@mrt_accfncs;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@ons_a3;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@rds;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@RHSAFRF;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@RHSUSAF ETC.

Couldn't the same be accomplished with a simple:

-mod=@7cmbg;@a3maps;@ALiVE;@CBA_A3;@DragonFyreLite;@fa18_a3;@mcc_sandbox;@mrt_accfncs;@ons_a3 ETC
  • Like 1

Ahhh ok thanks! It's been really tough to find a OPFOR pack lately that works properly with ALIVE and also Kunduz with Massis Middle Eastern Conflict mod (without Leights enabled at all) also resulted in a drop to 0 FPS for the host. As it looks like Leights isn't being updated anymore I thought I was using the most recent version? hat OPFOR packs/mods do you use?

Thanks again!

I use LEIGHT'S, it still updates on PWS (with two patches in the past 2 weeks -latest version is 1.7.1 or something similar). However, the community I am a part of not only has a Dedi, but we don't use ALIVE and don't have any problems with lag/crashes.

I use LEIGHT'S, it still updates on PWS (with two patches in the past 2 weeks -latest version is 1.7.1 or something similar). However, the community I am a part of not only has a Dedi, but we don't use ALIVE and don't have any problems with lag/crashes.

Apologies for the off topic: I would perhaps avoid as he has been banned from these forums for stealing content from other addon makers to use in his mod pack.

Can't speak for Jackal, but personally, until something better comes along, or someone forces Play with SIX to stop hosting it (which should have happened), I'm going to keep using it. There's not really a good alternative out, and since it's a free mod, boycotting it on principal isn't actually going to effect anything. Don't get mad at the users, get mad at PWS for hosting mods even after they've been proven to have stolen content.