Romanze

How do I fix this texture issue?

That to me just looks like the clutter is not set on what looks like your rocks layer ?

Post up your layers.cfg please

Well, i didnt want grass to grow on the rocks. My concern is the textures are not blending into eachother.

class Layers {
class rom_deepSea {
texture = "";
material = "PROJECTS\VolcIsland\data\rom_deepSea.rvmat"
};
class rom_shallowSea {
texture = "";
material = "PROJECTS\VolcIsland\data\rom_shallowSea.rvmat"
};
class rom_cliffFace {
texture = "";
material = "PROJECTS\VolcIsland\data\rom_cliffFace.rvmat"
};
class rom_steepCliffs {
texture = "";
material = "PROJECTS\VolcIsland\data\rom_steepCliffs.rvmat"
};
class rom_grass {
texture = "";
material = "PROJECTS\VolcIsland\data\rom_grass.rvmat"
};
};
class Legend
{
  picture="PROJECTS\VolcIsland\source\maplegend.png";
  class Colors
  {
rom_deepSea[]={{170,190,80}};
rom_shallowSea[]={{170,180,70}};
rom_cliffFace[]={{120,120,120}};
rom_steepCliffs[]={{80,80,80}};
rom_grass[]={{18,255,0}};
  };
};

Fixed! The problem was my mask image was too low resolution. It was 1024x1024. So,  I recreated the terrain and doubled it too 2048x2048 and you get this. http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/SnypS/2015-12-15_00006.jpg

Your mask should be the same size as your sat image. 2048x2048 seems really small, my images are 40960x40960 for my map.

This site helped me out

http://tactical.nekromantix.com/wiki/doku.php?id=arma:terrain:grid_cell_size

Take your Grid size and add a 0 at the end, for you sat/mask images. That way it's 1 meter per pixel. You don't have to have it like that, but it gives a better sat image etc.

I have similiar problem with my texture image. I updated my mask image in terrain builder since it wasn't accurate enough. After updating it, there is some odd texture "line" going trought the whole map. In my mask image there is no straight line anywhere.

http://postimg.org/image/ctq8cgf9j/full/

That lower texture is my beach texture and there should not be that texture. Any helpfull ideas here?

(I cannot make new topics and this was closest one to my problem.)

Have you regenerated the tiles after you updated the mask image in Terrain Builder?

Did you create your new mask image by resizing the old one? If so, make certain it's done by a Nearest-Neighbour algorithm because anything else will give you anti-aliased colours which is what you don't want on your mask.

If it's none of the above, consider posting your Layers.cfg and the mask image.

It's probably my settings on terrain builder.

Island+water size is about 2km x 2km

Terrain sampler 2048 x 2048 , cell size 10 , terrain size 20480

Source image size 4096 x 4096 (only mask, sat image is 2048 x 2048), resolution 5.0

Tiles size 512 x 512, desired overlap 16

Texture layer 40 x 40

I got it almost without any sharp textures by chancing everything and testing. But what should be the best settings and how accurate mask image should i do?

I mean, do i do only lined areas, or these pixel by pixel areas to make "AA" with two colors?

And what does that Cell size stand for?

EDIT: I realized that the settings goes hand to hand with how accurate i want. Basicly i just wan't smooth lines, like beach turns into a forest without too easily to notice.

Cell size is in meters. If you have a 2048x2048 heightmap, you'll get an area of 20480x20480 meters aka 20x20km with that set to 10 so you probably need to change that to 1.

Since you do not answer how you created the mask image I can't help you with that. If you're drawing it in Photoshop, make sure it's not antialiased, the mask layers needs hard transitions from one colour directly to the other one.

Sorry, my fault. There is only 4 different colors without any AA in my mask image. And yes, i did my mask image in Photoshop by using dissolved brush. And when i changed the size of the picture i used indexed colors.

So far i tried mask size of 2048, 4096 and even 20480. The same problem was in every size. I made a mask with only one color to see if it's not the mask image, but there was nothing wrong with one color and one texture.

At one point of my testing the lower part of the island was "under water". It was colored as blue from from the line. And the line isin't straight trough the whole map, it goes down from one point.

I don't know much about the Dissolved blend mode but that could be part of the problem you're having. If nothing is wrong when you use one colour / texture, there is something wrong in your creation process. The easiest way to find out would be if you posted an example image, it doesn't need to be huge as long as you create it in the same manner.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'colored as blue from the line'.

http://postimg.org/image/k5gpcli5j/

Orange is sand, light green is grass and darker green is lush grass.

Setting are the same that i already posted.

I'm still gonna check and clean the layers.cfg

I'll update my post after that if it helps

EDIT: Same problem still after cleaning layers.cfg , cfgClutter and cfgSurfaces

And by cleaning i mean double-checking that everything is correct.

R, G, B, Climate, Land type
250, 130, 0, "Temperate", "beach",
140, 195, 80, "Temperate", "grass",
110, 180, 80, "Temperate", "steep lush grass",
160, 195, 80, "Temperate", "dry grass",
120, 120, 120, "Temperate", "cliff face",

I searched the whole map with 3200% zoom if i could find any AA, but i couldn't.

I also tried to find any different color that is not in my RGB map.

I changed the size of the last image i sended, thats why there was AA.

http://postimg.org/image/myhhgmwa1/full

Thanks, the image itself looks fine, no anti-alias on it and the colour values seem to match what you have in your layers.cfg.

On the tab where you generate the sat layer and surface mask tiles, you can choose between 4 colours or 6 (5 + normalmap) on the surface mask. Could you check if you have the 6-colour option selected?

The only other things I could suggest:

1. Try making the surface mask image the same size as the satellite image

2. Start with one colour on the surface mask and Layers.cfg, then add one colour at a time to see when the problem occurs.

3. Last resort, start a new project and reimport everything from your original files.

I always used 5 + normal map.

Now i'll try these steps and let's see what happens

I tihnk it could also be that very different mask colors dont blend too well. (Or thats my experience) 

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Layered_Terrain_Surface_Representation#Layer_Legend

you can see that there is yellow color between green and orange so you could try changing the orange in the mask to yellow.

Now this is just a hunch so no quarantees.

I tihnk it could also be that very different mask colors dont blend too well. (Or thats my experience) 

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Layered_Terrain_Surface_Representation#Layer_Legend

you can see that there is yellow color between green and orange so you could try changing the orange in the mask to yellow.

Now this is just a hunch so no quarantees.

This is actually not true. The labels (Mountains, grass etc) you see at the different colours in the gradient mean nothing, you define those yourself using the Layers.cfg. At one point in time, the labels probably did apply (Flashpoint maybe?) but now the Layers.cfg handles that. As long as each colour you specify there is a unique value and they are present on your mask image you're good to go.

This is actually not true. The labels (Mountains, grass etc) you see at the different colours in the gradient mean nothing, you define those yourself using the Layers.cfg. At one point in time, the labels probably did apply (Flashpoint maybe?) but now the Layers.cfg handles that. As long as each colour you specify there is a unique value and they are present on your mask image you're good to go.

Alright then, thanks for correcting my hunch. It was really based on something I experienced way back so my memory of the situtation is hazy at best. It might have also been trouble with two too similar colors not being recognized as two colors but as one which lead to other problems. Thats getting off topic though so enough of that.

Alright then, thanks for correcting my hunch. It was really based on something I experienced way back so my memory of the situtation is hazy at best. It might have also been trouble with two too similar colors not being recognized as two colors but as one which lead to other problems. Thats getting off topic though so enough of that.

Maybe it was something along the lines of anti-alias that caused your problem. That causes you to end up with colours that you don't define in the Layers.cfg if you're not aware of them. Don't want those anyway :)

The mask image even gets converted to different colours to make things more confusing :D The bottom part of the BIKI page you linked talks about that.

Changing the colors didn't help. Well except it's easier to see the different colors now.

Both satellite and mask are now 4096 and that didn't help.

I won't start from the beginning because i know this has a simple solution that is still mystery to us.

I have a new question,

When i place structure the textures are mostly black and the building are missing stuff. Even tho these are vanilla Arma 3 structures and only thing i have done to these is extracting to A3 folder.

I thought that Bulldozer is saving FPS by not showing everything, but i wan't to be sure.

a3\structures_f\research\data\dome_cargo_entrance_smdi.paa //this is from "dome_cargo_entrance.rvmat"

Textures are in the correct place and still not showing in Bulldozer?

I'm really sorry that i'm make so many questions but searching from Google doesn't give anything.

I didn't say change the colours, I suggested adding one after the other to see when the problem starts since you said that there's no issue with a single colour.

And it's your choice but I don't see what the problem is with reimporting everything in a new project, you're not exactly far into it yet. Another you thing could do is just create a blank project following JakeRod's Atlas (you can find a thread for it in this forum) and if that one works properly, use it as a base to start your actual map from.

As for the texture problems: how did you set up your P-drive?

I made my map from blank, actually i used brush to make my map as i wanted it. I have putted over 7000 objects to my little island already.

I made my P-drive with the arma tools (DevP). I runned the bulldozerconfigurator also. But i made a new topic about this texture problem, since i have a feeling that my extraction was the issue.

If the problem doesn't solve it self after making the a3 folder and data again, i'll start over from blank and copy the objects back to it.