Sign in to follow this  
CaptainAzimuth

DayZ

So... I guess DayZ Developers have figured out a way to finally end Sniper spam in the series.

https://youtu.be/to3x7B14D1U?t=1m34s

Haha, ok, i'm going to say now that having watched the video, this seems to be a really great step up in features. Wild life that looks, and acts right. This is good because in a survival game, or open world game at all for that matter... The Environment matter. Everything around to builds the general feelings, and immersion, and possibilities of game play. Having added proper working wild life, it means now that people won't simply be looking for guns to shoot other people to get better guns. You're now going to have to be worried about your own survival first.

DayZ is really heading in th right direction, overhauling the Engine, and bringing in much needed features that it's relative Engine was in serious need of. Now, the wild life is good, would love to see something like that for Tanoa (haha, Tigers in the jungle anyone?)

On a more serious note, the DayZ team has mentioned a complete overhaul of the animation system, which is pretty awesome. This could mean no more having to freeze during transitions, or buggy switches to a complete different animation before doing the correct one. These are the kinds of things that will really shape the future of not just DayZ, as it's barely even a game yet, and probably won't be for a few more years. But the Future Arma series as well. These features will really push Bohemia Interactive into a whole new world of possibilities that for a long time, have been needed. It kinda makes me sad we won't see them in Arma 3, but the future is bright for the company, and it's future titles.

and what is the point of this thread? Last time i checked there will be no discussion about DayZ here, there are dedicated forums boards for that very purpose

and what is the point of this thread? Last time i checked there will be no discussion about DayZ here, there are dedicated forums boards for that very purpose

"OFFTOPIC - Games & Gaming" DayZ is a game. So is Ark Survival. I made a thread on that one too (i think, can't remember). Point is Ark survival has a dedicated forums too. I can talk about DayZ here, it's Off Topic of Arma after all, and it's in the gaming section. You, should know that.

Aside from that, you have anything to say in regards to what i've said about DayZ? Thoughts, opinions, idea's? Could help this thread instead of trying ti kill it for un-just reasons.

no, i have taken it up with the moderation staff.

regarding me contributing, besides the fact that half of what you've written in your first post is false (like dayz overhauling the engine, when the engine upgrade to Enfusion has been in the plans independently of dayz), not really.

Knock it off Pufu, the offtopic games and gaming forum is for all games....

no, i have taken it up with the moderation staff.

regarding me contributing, besides the fact that half of what you've written in your first post is false (like dayz overhauling the engine, when the engine upgrade to Enfusion has been in the plans independently of dayz), not really.

Are you saying the DayZ staff are not overhauling the Engine? Because you can ask them yourself, unifying two engines in one, and vastly changing it's features, like the Animation System to it's core and visual fidelity... If that's not an "Overhaul", than i guess i can honestly say i have not a clue what really is. Not sure why this thread upset you. You could PM me and have a talk about it, but it's really no big deal.

Are you saying the DayZ staff are not overhauling the Engine? Because you can ask them yourself, unifying two engines in one, and vastly changing it's features, like the Animation System to it's core and visual fidelity... If that's not an "Overhaul", than i guess i can honestly say i have not a clue what really is. Not sure why this thread upset you. You could PM me and have a talk about it, but it's really no big deal.

let me rephrase it. the game engine overhaul is a a project in itself, and it is slowly implemented into DayZ (which is WIP and more liberal in terms of development) and not the other way around ;)

No reason to drag this further, i have said what i had to say to the person i had to say it. This thread didn't upset me, or yourself for that matter. I am not that punny.

The last time I went on DayZ, was when there was no loot and people were running around with just baseball bats in underwear.  :P

The first thing DayZ Devs need to fix, is the amount of loot taken from server-hoppers (If they can make some kind of restriction for a day or something, that would entice me to coming back). Because last time I was playing for 30 minutes, it was like as if I previewed in the editor with just myself on the map. And honestly, the game needs NPC's, otherwise it will still be known as:

"DayZ is an example of a boring running simulator". (Quoted by H1Z1)

Hello gentlemen,

Before I got here there was a rule that any DayZ posts should only be put in the DayZ threads. It has been explained to me that this rule came into being when DayZ stopped being a mod and became its own stand alone. The rule should continue for now because the thread can continue to get more replies and more discussions about DayZ.

DayZ has its own forums so active discussions about the title should occur on the DayZ forums, so that DayZ players can also see the posts and contribute.

Locking the thread. Please send me a PM if you have any concerns.

Best regards,

BohemiaBeck 

• Like 2