Sign in to follow this  
Ixian

What file to put music in?

Ok, I converted some great music from Bill Brown which Red pointed out in a past thread. I have looked in forums and havnt found the answer to this question.

After converting the music what file do I put it in. I looked and didnt even see the other game music files so im lost. So where do I put it?

Wll it depends what your using it for. If your putting it in a mission that you are making just go to your user>missions folder and put it in the mission that u wish to use the song in and make a Music folder within that missions folder and smack it in there then u ready to rock biggrin.gif

kevin

I think it might go in the users/yourname/missions/yourmission folder.  You have to create a description.ext too, if you want it to do anything.

Well I want to use this music in the intro cutscene so if I put this music in my  mission folder it will show up in the  music list with the ones that came with the game? im converting the wav to ogg right? or is it something else special for music

It is ogg you need, but you will need to write a description.ext for the music to work.

RED

wow.gif0--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ixian @ Oct. 19 2002,06wow.gif0)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well I want to use this music in the intro cutscene so if I put this music in my  mission folder it will show up in the  music list with the ones that came with the game? im converting the wav to ogg right? or is it something else special for music<span id='postcolor'>

Hi im new in here, but hope i can help.

First convert your waw to ogg then make a mission whit a soldier west,save it and go to Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\Users\your name in game.

Find the mission you just saved and open it,make a new folder called music and put your ogg into it.

Now you have to make a description file,open notepad and write

class CfgMusic

{

tracks[]={ Music1};

class Music1

{

name="My music1";

sound[]={"\music\the name of your ogg.ogg",db+40,1.0};

};

};

now safe it as description.ext and open your game,

goto the mission you did save before.

Make a trigger ,activation anybody

detected by west, open effect and pick music,tracks now you should be able to find one called my music1 try it out,good luck

biggrin.gif

When I opened the music section in trigger I didnt see my music only the normal ones that came with ofp and oFPr

thats because you can't do it that way.

Add a trigger with the4 specification "Present" and whatever side you start as

on the "On Activation" section add the text "playMusic name" name being the name as defined in your description.ext file.

As a bonus if you want it to fade away you can add "time fadeMusic volume"

time being the time you want the music to take to fade, and volume being the volume you want it to fade to (0 = to nothing, 0.1 to a low background noise.)

PS

http://www.ofpec.com/publicfiles/files/tutorials/CMDREFv104.htm

That not working either.

I got in my user/missions/map folder  a folder called Music.

Inside it is  my sound file   mandown.ogg

in my user/missions/map is my description.ext

Here is what is in my description.ext

class CfgMusic

{

tracks[]={ Music1};

class Music1

{

name="My music1";

sound[]={"\music\mandown.ogg",db+40,1.0};

};

};

Nothing showed in my Music track thing in trigger I also did it the way you were saying about  playmusic mandown that didnt work.  I also tried this in my des.ext

class CfgMusic

{

tracks[]={mandown};  

class mandown

{

name = "mandown";

sound[] = {\music\mandown.ogg, db+30, 1.0};  

};

};

This didnt work either.

I tried playmusic mandown like that one guy said that didnt work either.  The music file isnt showing up in the list.  Also I converted the wav to ogg at a bit rate of 80 but i heard it should be 64 so i fixed it and it didnt help either.

confused.gif  confused.gif

ok ive been trying for hours and was about to quit when i read this post, didint understad, f**ked around, and got it!!!!!!!

ok here we go, hope this makes sens ei have a tendency Not to make sense.

this will be a test mission, a example

go into mission editor, pick a make, lets say maldean, place a dude on west anywhere, save this as a USER mission, call it music-test

quit back to main menu of flashpoint, alt-tab(or if comp is crap exit game)  go into your operatrion flashpoint/users/mission/YOURNAME/music-test folder, in there make a folder caller  music  (lower case m to be safe) in that folder put your Properly converted ogg sound file in there, make the name lower case, no capitals

now hit backspace to go back to music-test folder, make a description.ext file from notepad, open er up, and put this in it

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

class CfgMusic

{

tracks[]={ FirstSong};

class FirstSong

{

name="My FirstSong";

sound[]={"\music\NAME-OF-SONG.ogg",db+40,1.0};

};

};

<span id='postcolor'>

the song, to be safe, should be in lower case, make it in the code exactly as it is in the folder.

now SAVE this file, close it, open it up again to make it its right!

go back into minimized flashpoinbt or reload it if you closed it.

go into mission editor, Maldean, LOAD music-test, now, zoon in real close using mouse wheel, and hit F3 and double click as close to edge of circle as you can of your guy, we're making a trigger.

this is what you do on the first page of the trigger.

leave the x and y axis stuff and angle and eclipse shit alone, next area, a box says Activation, change it from NONE to WEST

everything else on page LEAVE alone and click the EFFECTS button on bottom left corner of window

new page opens up:

this page you leave EVEYTHING alone BUT look down near bottom you'll see MUSIC section, click, a bunch of music is there already, scroll down to very bottom and you'll see My FirstSong

select that, click ok two times, plreview and BOOM theres your music

do this for whatever missions you make

if you want the musioc to start as soon as you enter the game keep the trigger Right beside where your guy starts, else you can put that trigger whereever you want for any side, and when that side goes past it it triggers, think of the possibilities