Sign in to follow this  
Blake

Apilas v1.1 and kasapanos 5kg  v1.1

112 RsKes APILAS v1.1

----------------------

Changes: new textures, NVgoggles added to soldier to simulate Pilkington-Kite night sights.

APILAS11.jpg

Download: http://kyllikki.tiimipeli.net/downloads/APILAS11.zip

Kasapanos 5kg (Throwable satchel) v1.1

---------------------------------------

Changes: Soldier also able to carry hand grenades, model slightly improved.

Kasapanos.jpg

Download: http://kyllikki.tiimipeli.net/downloads/Kasapanos11.zip

Much respect for the fast work on these. APILAS looks a lot better now!

When we will see a 66 KES 75? wink.gif

oh, forgot to mention other soldiers than Soldier (Kasapanos) may also use Kasapanos if you add this line to their init string:

this addweapon "KasaThrow"; this addmagazine "Kasap"

remember to clear other weapons if there's no inventory space on the soldier with:

removeallweapons this

Excellent...

Might the throwable satchel charge's name be give multi-language support? I'm sure the Finns aren't the only ones ingenious enough to make this type of weapon biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I'm affraid that bug has been found with 'Kasapanos 5kg' - it doesn't work in multiplayer. Doesn't show at all. Seems that BIS doesn't support custom throwable weapons.

Yes, Kasapanos could be called 'Pile-up charge 5kg' perhaps - too bad BIS in it's wisdom named Demolition Charges in game to Satchel Charges so that name was reserved sad.gif

I'll release a new version when this bug has been dealt with by BIS or 3rd party...

Too bad that Flashpoint does not support firing AT weapons in prone position(which is recommended for almost any shoulder fired AT weapon). sad.gif

Btw. fireing Apilas in knee position would perhaps end up firer finding it self belly up beacause of "bang" to face(for shock at least). smile.gif There is definitely use for the face mask and cheek padding found in Apilas although manual says it's recoiless.

Good work with those weapons!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Btw. fireing Apilas in knee position would perhaps end up firer finding it self belly up beacause of "bang" to face(for shock at least).  There is definitely use for the face mask and cheek padding found in Apilas although manual says it's recoiless.<span id='postcolor'>

I've fired an APILAS practise rocket once from knee position, the recoil wasn't so bad but after all, it was just a 68mm practise rocket if I remember right.

I heard a legend in the army how to simulate the recoil of a real APILAS in knee position: You take the APILAS, aim for the target, and tell your team members when you are ready and when you fire. When you say fire, the other guy throws a bucket of sand on your face and another guy kicks you hard into your back. Similar effect, I heard smile.gif

Actually the face mask is there to protect the soldier's face from the flames from the rocket leaving the APILAS. You can also see more easily through the Pilkington-Kite night vision sight when you're "in the dark".

cam0flage:

Are you now in SA int. service? ...just making guess of your signature? I was 2/95 SPOL-AU in KymITR. So SavPr(Mikkeli) was my main training place.

Off topic:

Is there any other previous SPOL "student" from SavPr when Yliluutnantti Utriainen was main " instructor"?

I have read about the Apilas.

It was supposed to be a superb weapon if you could forget the fact that it was painfull to shoot and impossible to hit anything with. The use of the weapon was compared to the pain of pulling out teeth. That protective mask is there for a reason.

To Noose_ITO: I'm actually in reserve now, I've just been too lazy to update my signature and avatar smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It was supposed to be a superb weapon if you could forget the fact that it was painfull to shoot and impossible to hit anything with. The use of the weapon was compared to the pain of pulling out teeth. That protective mask is there for a reason.<span id='postcolor'>

I think that's maybe a bit exaggerated, because most people in the army who shot with APILAS said that it was the coolest thing they ever got to do. One AT-sergeant from my platoon shot 7 APILAS during one day, and complained nothing. You can ease the recoil a lot by finding a good firing position, I'd guess.