colddna

placing objects question

I am not sure if this is the right place for this post but i just got to know, so i am starting to plan out my objects and building and what not but i am toren between TB and x-cam or other 3D editor for placing objects. which one is better for the engine as in performance like TB placing objects VS 3rd party (x-cam and others) ?

X-cam takes a little  practice , but it is simply awesome once you get used to it.  i done 95% of my work in Bulldozer the main reason is that you can change terrain at the same time when placing objects unlike other tools.  but now use x-cam 

• Like 1

yah i have been playing with x-cam for awhile now i like it it reminds me of skyline (terra explorer) i was just wondering on the performance stance

As good as they are for placing objects. Personally i find using buldozer as para said you can alter terrain if needed. You don't have to pack it up and wait half an hour before you see changes.

I think you should stick with Buldozer/TB for the reasons listed above and because they are the BI standard. I have not attempted to learn third party tools because they don't have official support and therefore could vanish one day or become a broken community tool.. This debate is similar to the debate held in regards to mission making. Should I learn how to make a mission the old fashioned way? Or use an easier way via frameworks or whatever other mission making tools that are out there? If your looking for an easy button to press there are plenty of them out there. However, if you are looking to create a map the way BI created theirs with similar or exact quality, you should use the official tools. For me, it's all about replicating what BI does as much as possible and you can't do that without their tools.

Map builder is great tbh, I have used it alot, but as I tend to be in buldozer alot also, I find I'm sticking to it due to terrain altering. If I place anything using map builder I can easily export the objects and re import to tb if I wanted too. Map builder is easier to operate and doesn't take to long to learn. Neo has made it very user friendly and is constantly improving it for the better of the user. 

Another thing aswell, X-cam I think, was made by an industry professional which goes without saying that it is of a high calibre and very robust for being a object orientated tool.

Hey Guys,

I noticed that when I am placing buildings in TB some of the buildings that I use when I place them are white color. They stay on the map but when

you run the map the building is gone? Any ideas

Map builder is great tbh, I have used it alot, but as I tend to be in buldozer alot also, I find I'm sticking to it due to terrain altering. If I place anything using map builder I can easily export the objects and re import to tb if I wanted too. Map builder is easier to operate and doesn't take to long to learn. Neo has made it very user friendly and is constantly improving it for the better of the user. 

Another thing aswell, X-cam I think, was made by an industry professional which goes without saying that it is of a high calibre and very robust for being a object orientated tool.

I hope I didn't come off as to critical. The quality of the 3rd party tools out there are great and in a lot of ways are way for user friendly than BI tools. If you are inclined to do so checking out those tools wouldn't hurt I suppose.

Hey Guys,

I noticed that when I am placing buildings in TB some of the buildings that I use when I place them are white color. They stay on the map but when

you run the map the building is gone? Any ideas

missing textures...

what Buildings?

The mbg_buildings_3

Seems to work on all my directory's that are in there, except anything

I try to pull over to add to my library manager

I did notice that some of my items in the library say P3D Version 50 , and some when I try to add them come

up P3D Version -1