Sign in to follow this  
sodien

[Help] Defensive oriented missions.

Hello,

Me and a small group of friends are looking to expand our mission list on one very much lacking type of missions.

We have a lot of missions where we are the aggressors or escapees'. And we have tried and discarded a scary amount of 'leet special forces silencers in the dark'-missions.

We have yet to find a single decent mission that revolves around defending or enduring an assault. We found some with potential (stress fortress, hill46 and embassy defence) but they appear to either get broken by our current mod-set or be so outdated they have ceased to function.

Now I have done what most people do and just started working on my own mission tailored to my vision of a good, defend X, scenario. But I am not adept at mission making, so it will take time. As time is constantly in motion I figured I'd ask for suggestions for this type of missions to try out. With all the different release platform and differences in naming/description/labeling standards it can be very hard to find 'all the missions'.

We are usually 4 players on a bad day and 10 on a good, so something that work with those numbers are good. I also like our missions to be hard, as I find that my co-players relishes in the tension it creates.

Also while we prefer dependent free missions if a mission is good enough we will not shy away from adding mods to our collection.

Thanks a bunch,

Sodien

And we have tried and discarded a scary amount of 'leet special forces silencers in the dark'-missions.

I know what you mean. This must describe a good 40% of SP user scenarios.

Anyways, in my book convoy ambushes are the most fun you can have in ArmA. Those are perfect for co-op if you have limited AT that requires perfect coordination and timing.

There are also plenty of missions out there that involve placing sandbags and bunkers with scripts in advance of a large assault. Although now that we have the 3D editor, making large fortresses is quick and easy.

Edit: Like this one https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=528347724&searchtext=rhs