Sign in to follow this  
MonnieRock

Dev Branch Server ?

Hello everyone,

Is there a way to run a Dev Branch Dedicated Server?

I use TADST to run the Stable Branch on a second computer(server) I have.

Used steamcmd to have both Stable Branch and Dev Branch on the second computer(server)

I would like to do some testing using the DEV Branch.

Thank you,

Monnie

• Like 1

Hello everyone,

Is there a way to run a Dev Branch Dedicated Server?

Just spent the last two days looking for this information myself, with only a little luck. I don't think that there is a 'development' branch under the server (i.e. AppID 233780) download through Steam, but...

The server executible does reside in the 'development' branch of the client (i.e. AppID 107410 -beta development), so I am currently downloading that through SteamCMD to see if that will work. This will pad out the download and install by a good amount but shouldn't be too much of a problem. At this point I'm not sure if there is any other way to do this.

UPDATE: Certainly works. The size difference is big: 2.46 GB for Stable server vs. 15.3 GB for Dev with all the client files...

Edited by djporternz

there is no dedicated server data package , only client ... because it's built too often

there is no dedicated server data package , only client ... because it's built too often

Yeah I see dev branch updates very consistently, which is good.

Has anyone managed to get a Dev branch Dedicated Server to run?

I've been trying to get anything to work but even with the simplest missions no players are able to join the server.

Has anyone managed to get a Dev branch Dedicated Server to run?

I've been trying to get anything to work but even with the simplest missions no players are able to join the server.

Do you even read the forum?

Do you even read the forum?

Yes I do read the forum.

I realise that there is no Dev branch server package available, but nothing that I have read here or elsewhere explicitly states that the arma3server.exe that is distributed along with the Dev branch client is not or is intended to be non-functional.

The arma3server.exe distributed in the Stable branch definately works in this manner, with the caveat that it also requires Steam to be running and logged in. It is not too much of a stretch to assume that the Dev branch would work in the same way.

So my question still stands (with modified wording to avoid ANY misunderstanding!): Is it possible to run a Dev branch (i.e. 1.55) Dedicated server via the arma3server.exe distributed with the Dev branch client?

Addendum: Appears that the problem may be on my end as the MP Server Browser is showing at least four Dev branch (i.e. 1.55) dedicated servers ATM.

Any dev branch server running the new multiplayer game mode and new vehicles?