Razor[42JTF]

BIS_fnc_dynamicGroups - Remove Insignia

We are using the BIS Dynamic Groups for our dedicated server.

Currently, the function automatically assigns Insignia to players when using this function.

Can anyone advise on how to remove the insignia when using this function so that it does not get automatically assigned?

Yes unfortunately BIS Dynamic Groups still forces its own randomized insignia. 

I checked the code and there is no way yet (1.52) to insert our own insignia into the system.

The only solution is to run a loop to keep re-applying the desired insignia whenever the players group changes.

Can anyone advise on how to remove the insignia when using this function so that it does not get automatically assigned?

Im not sure i understand exactly what your after?

If you mean that each player has their own insignia with in a group then no that is not possible with dynamic groups as your insignia is changed to match the insignia of the DG.

As mdcclxxvi says you can monitor for group change and then reapply a units insignia.

I checked the code and there is no way yet (1.52) to insert our own insignia into the system.

It is possible to register a group with your own insignia. You need to register the group manually on the server. e.g

//[ "RegisterGroup", [ group, leader, [ insig, name, isPrivate ] ] ] call BIS_fnc_dynamicGroups

//initServer.sqf
//initialize DG on server
["Initialize"] call BIS_fnc_dynamicGroups;

//initPlayerLocal.sqf

//initialize DG on client
["InitializePlayer", [player]] call BIS_fnc_dynamicGroups;

//Set units insignia
_insignia = "GryffinRegiment"
[ player, _insignia ] BIS_fnc_setUnitInsignia;

//Register players group as a new DG group with insignia, name and isPrivate remotely on the server
[ "RegisterGroup", [ group player, leader group player, [ _insignia, "My new group", false ] ] ] remoteExec [ "BIS_fnc_dynamicGroups", 2 ];
As a test piece on a player that starts as the leader of his own group, this would register his group as a DG with insignia as a name from CfgUnitInsignia, named "My new group" and the DG set as public.

The only problem that exists is that insignias are not read from the description.ext in the DG code so for them to show properly in the DG UI the insignia needs to be loaded as an addon so they are in (configFile >> "CfgUnitInsignia") rather than (missionConfigFile >> "CfgUnitInsignia").

Insignia used from the description.ext will show on each units arm patch as they join a DG but the info (picture etc) is missing from the DG UI.

just to agree I have the same issue with insignias

mine was working fine till I added BIS Dynamic Groups.

it also over writes addon type IE:

I use RHS mod (has its own insignia)

it too is over written by BIS Dynamic Groups.

I'm not complaining , it is what it is, just wanted to express same issue.