I'm using this piece of code for an intro of my mission ("w1" is the name of a marker) and it is working just fine ... my problem is that I need to give it more time playing as right now is just shown up for about 10 secs ... any ideas and help on this will be much appreciated ?

0 fadeSound 0;

0 fadeMusic 0;

enableRadio false;

enableEnvironment false;

clearRadio;

// Establish Shot

private ["_colorWest", "_colorEast"];

_colorWest = WEST call BIS_fnc_sideColor;

_colorEast = EAST call BIS_fnc_sideColor;

{

_x set [3, 0.33]

} forEach [_colorWest, _colorEast];

introShot = [

markerPos "w1", // Target position

"RHC Moscow Pride, Bering Sea.", // SITREP text

40, // 50m altitude

90, // 50m radius

100, // 90 degrees viewing angle

0, // clockwise movement

[

//["\a3\ui_f\data\map\markers\nato\o_inf.paa", _colorWest, markerPos "w1", 1, 1, 0, "Ship somewhere in the island", 0],

//["\a3\ui_f\data\map\markers\nato\o_inf.paa", _colorEast, markerPos "w1", 1, 1, 0, "Ship somewhere in the island", 0]

]

] spawn BIS_fnc_establishingShot;

waitUntil {scriptDone introShot};

The short time is caused by the small radius I'd say. I don't see a way to increase it without editing BIS_fnc_establishingShot itself. I take that back.

Parameters:
        _this select 0: OBJECT or ARRAY - Target position/object
        _this select 1: STRING - Text to display
        _this select 2 (Optional): NUMBER - Altitude (in meters)
        _this select 3 (Optional): NUMBER - Radius of the circular movement (in meters)
        _this select 4 (Optional): NUMBER - Viewing angle (in degrees)
        _this select 5 (Optional): NUMBER - Direction of camera movement (0: anti-clockwise, 1: clockwise, default: random)
        _this select 6 (Optional): ARRAY -    Objects/positions/groups to display icons over
                            Syntax: [[icon, color, target, size X, size Y, angle, text, shadow]]
        _this select 7 (Optional): NUMBER - Mode (0: normal (default), 1: world scenes)
        _this select 8 (Optional): BOOL - Fade in after completion (default: true)
*/

Try to change the last but on parameter to 1. It unfortunately disables the text, however, it seems the establishing shot won't automatically quit.

BIS_fnc_establishingShot is partially broken/bugged, in more ways than one.

To get that effect, you'd have to edit the function or create your own.

It's a nice idea but Thomas Ryan never finished it

It's a nice idea but Thomas Ryan never finished it

Guess we have to spam him via twitter :P

ok ... I've search into BIS_fnc_establishingShot file and I believe I found something ... this code below in conjuction with any intro.sqs (or .sqf I suppose) is adding the effect to the scene (as long as the intro is playing) but disabling the text and the "press "space" to advance" message (this last one is good).

NOTE that you have to put this code into your mission init.sqf file under the line of the intro.sqs execution (example ... [] exec "intro.sqs"; ).

0 fadeSound 0;

0 fadeMusic 0;

enableRadio false;

enableEnvironment false;

clearRadio;

// Establish Shot

private ["_colorWest", "_colorEast"];

_colorWest = WEST call BIS_fnc_sideColor;

_colorEast = EAST call BIS_fnc_sideColor;

{

_x set [3, 0.33]

} forEach [_colorWest, _colorEast];

introShot = [

markerPos "w1", // Target position

"RHC Moscow Pride, Bering Sea.", // SITREP text

40, // 40m altitude

90, // 90m radius

100, // 100 degrees viewing angle

0, // clockwise movement

[],

1 // World scene mode

] spawn BIS_fnc_establishingShot;

EDIT : ... unfortunatelly it is not working as it should be ... in case you will run this as I said above, your mission will continue have this effect for ever ... need to search more ... still is good for videos using this effect but not as inro for missions yet.

Since you are around awhile and have created some content, I share the solution :)

Download and play the MP scenario in the top link of my sig. When you load in as a client, there is ~75% chance you will see the UAV intro. If you dont see it, keep rejoining till you do. 

If that is the effect you want, feel free to pull the function out and use it for your purposes. 

It is Thomas Ryans code, I merely made it work as I believe it was supposed to, as well as cleaned up and optimized it a bit.

Another bug was that the 'Press Space to Advance' text would only show the first time you try it. This is because it saves a variable to uiNamespace (which doesn't reset until you restart ArmA.). So I switch instead to save the variable to object namespace, which allows the text to show each time the intro is loaded.

Since you are around awhile and have created some content, I share the solution :)

Download and play the MP scenario in the top link of my sig. When you load in as a client, there is ~75% chance you will see the UAV intro. If you dont see it, keep rejoining till you do. 

If that is the effect you want, feel free to pull the function out and use it for your purposes. 

It is Thomas Ryans code, I merely made it work as I believe it was supposed to, as well as cleaned up and optimized it a bit.

Another bug was that the 'Press Space to Advance' text would only show the first time you try it. This is because it saves a variable to uiNamespace (which doesn't reset until you restart ArmA.). So I switch instead to save the variable to object namespace, which allows the text to show each time the intro is loaded.

I've tried to download your mission from Armaholic but it seems that either the site is facing some issues (I'm getting a "Database Connection Failed" message) or ... I don't know. Also from Steam I've subscribed and I can see your mission in game but I'm not familiar of where I can find the mission pbo in order to have a look inside for this function.

Edit ... ignore this above ... I'll have a look into this function and I'll come back to you here. Thanks ...

Well ... mdcclxxvi .. the function into your mission is working fine but still the "Press Space to advance" remain any time I;m trying to use the code plus the Cinema Border which is always on ... note that I've tried your code through my mission init.sqf ...

You are ensuring the server is not running the code as well? Use 'call' instead of 'spawn'.    [] call ....establishingshot;

I did enable cinema border as I believe the function was initially intended to work. It should disappear when user presses space.

You are ensuring the server is not running the code as well? Use 'call' instead of 'spawn'.    [] call ....establishingshot;

I did enable cinema border as I believe the function was initially intended to work. It should disappear when user presses space.

I'm testing the whole thing locally in editor so there is no server to run the code as well ...  [] call is not working on this case.

Anyway I'm confused with all this code matter and for sure coding is not my best ...

I'm testing the whole thing locally in editor so there is no server to run the code as well ...  [] call is not working on this case.

Anyway I'm confused with all this code matter and for sure coding is not my best ...

I'll sort out a dropbox download tomorrow for it

• Like 1

What are you trying to accomplish using the Intro?  I've played around a lot with this and might have a suggestion.

Also mdcclxxvi, you say your intro only plays ~75% of the time?  I've never run into this issue before.. is this on a dedicated server?

What are you trying to accomplish using the Intro?  I've played around a lot with this and might have a suggestion.

Also mdcclxxvi, you say your intro only plays ~75% of the time?  I've never run into this issue before.. is this on a dedicated server?

Basically I'm trying to make an intro template using the UAV effect ... I'm trying to combine into the mission init.sqf the UAV effect code together with an intro.sqs file for the camera movement.

Ah I see well I have not tried that before  ;)   I think re-writing the function is your only option.

Ah I see well I have not tried that before  ;)   I think re-writing the function is your only option.

In fact is a double cause as fixing the code will be also a nice addition for anyone who want to use it.