Sign in to follow this  
Jetrise

ArmA 2 Editing: Disabling SideChat for particular people.

Hello All,

I help develop a ArmA 2 Server and we have a medic system where users can be knocked unconscious when dealt damage too. However, when people are down and unconscious, they speak over sidehat and give away information which is classed as a break of immersion, but this is too hard to police and moderate. Is there a command that allows sidechat to be removed from a individual for a set period of time for example?

I understand there is a disable input command however, once this is changed to true, it's quite difficult to make it come false again. 

Thanks for any help,

[bBs] Shaun

It's not possible to disable sideChat mid-game without any modifications. The best alternative would be to use the disableUserInput command. It is easy to enable the user's input again, all you have to do is use the waitUntil command to find out when the person is no longer unconscious and then enable their user input.

Use Radiomod like ACRE or TFAR and Dissable Chat entirely. Saw it on some A3 server and it worked awesomely. Also you would need script that kicks any player who is not on Teamspeak channel, from the Gameserver. FlyGerman.de Comunity uses such script if i remember correctly, so try to ask them if they might give you a copy.

Be warned, people will find another way, they will message trough steam, ar mobile phone. 

Mirek, I would totally go with your option. However, the use of modifications goes against our values as a community as we want to make the game playable by as many people as possible. 

MrCopyRight. What you have said sounds like a great idea! However, in testing, the disableUserInput sometimes doesn't like to reactivate, thus forcing a player to relog to join back in-game. I will look into the cause of this though.

Thankyou both for your help!