werzproduction

Delete trigger with another trigger

hi i would like know how to activate a delete a trigger with another trigger.

and another little question, I want to activate a trigger with a condition, and this condition will be when I finish a task, but I do not know what comand it is. (Sorry for spelling mistake i'm french)

I cannot seem to understand what you are saying? Are you referring to deleting triggers and having the type of activation set in a trigger?

Yes you can delete a trigger with another trigger.

Name the trigger you want to delete trig1  , then in the on activation box of another trigger put this In it.

deleteVehicle trig1;

There are many conditions you can use to activate triggers, just search google for "trigger conditions arma 3" and you will find some ideas. Or take a look at Mr Murry's editing guide, its a fantastic start!

Yes you can delete a trigger with another trigger.

Name the trigger you want to delete trig1  , then in the on activation box of another trigger put this In it.

deleteVehicle trig1;

There are many conditions you can use to activate triggers, just search google for "trigger conditions arma 3" and you will find some ideas. Or take a look at Mr Murry's editing guide, its a fantastic start!Th

Thank you, and Is there a command for stop an animation AI ?

You could try

_unit switchMove " ";

or

_unit playMove " ";

You could try

_unit switchMove " ";
or

_unit playMove " ";
Both of them work. In fact, if you have typed the wrong animation class in, it will reset the character's animation. :)

Also, I thank the moderator for editing my post, I didn't have any intention to be rude in any way. :) (I am trying to solve one of the most impossible things in Arma, but yet solved in DayZ)

This does not seem to work anymore, any updates on how to delete a said trigger, by another triggers activation?

Really need this to trigger tasks in the correct order, when the tasks can have two different outcomes.

Example:

Task: Recon AO, send coded Alpha message when satisfied and in position to strike.
Task success trigger: Alpha message.
Task failed trigger: Bluefor detected by Independant. 

If success - A task is given to strike and continue the mission.
If failed - Another task is given, pointing out urgency, and triggering a set of other actions taken by the AI's and the mission continues.

In essence, where i have an "either/or" task with two possible outcomes - one of two different taskchains will be given after this particular task, dependant on success or failure. However, i can only delete the success/failed module to prevent the said task to not be completed when failed and vice versa - but the triggers are still there, and will thusly possibly trigger both of the taskchains which are to come after that.

Not sure if i made this understandable - but im rather frustrated, as everwhere i read people say "deleteVehicle <taskname>;" but it does not seem to work anymore. Thusly, a request for updated info (if there is any).

Kind regards.

Edit:
Only way i see this working, i by the success/failed triggers deleting the entire taskchain belonging to the opposite result, which should work i guess.

Made an example mission of it on stratis:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rbw3vutq45oicfn/AAB3RyTQtOsyVSiBfOtl3bDba?dl=0

Simply set a variable depending on which taskchain is active and include that in the trigger conditions.
Or use seperate variables, like this:

// activate one taskchain, deactivate the other
missionNamespace setVariable ["taskchainOne", true, true];
missionNamespace setVariable ["taskchainTwo", false, true];

Then, in a trigger for taskchainOne you can simply change the condition from

THIS

to

THIS && taskchainOne

Cheers - i'll have a look at that - but that is in essence what i've done with the example mission i've uploaded - where the one deletes the continuation of the other, just with more "basic" coding.