zbug

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (beta)

Hi guys. I have a problem with the original mission on Altis. I want to use vehicles mods on it but i'm not able to add vihicules to the the shop. Also I can't use Zeus to spawn vehicles because original Zeus on the map is only a commander tool. If someone know how to modify the map to add mods on it or how to fully enable zeus I will be gratefull.

Thanks for help.

(I'm french excuse my bad english^^)

DartStone, if it helps download tutorial.txt from my GitHub. There's a lot of information there on how to open up the mission files, add your own content etc. 

You use editor to find the classnames of each unit, then you add those classnames to the appropriate scripts, it's all in the tutorial. 

Getting Zeus unlocked is a little harder and actually not how this mission should be played but I can send you those edits if you'd like them too. 

Note: If you're having trouble translating let me know, I can explain in French. :)

Edited by Applejakerie

Yes, VCom and VCom Driving have been functioning very well, offering an added challenge to the experience!

do they work automaticly (are they included in the mission), or do i have to add the mods externally (run the mods), like advanced rappelling, or any other mod?

(sorry for my bad english)

do they work automaticly (are they included in the mission), or do i have to add the mods externally (run the mods), like advanced rappelling, or any other mod?

(sorry for my bad english)

No worries, your English is very good actually!

These are included within the .pbo and are intended to work automatically. :)

Applejakerie - 

Perhaps you can settle a disagreement. During the week, a friend and I play this mission with just the two of us and we find we have to leave the alert level at 100% to have a decent challenge from the AI. However, this weekend we had three people playing and all of a sudden taking objectives was epic. It seemed that 2-3 times as many CSAT soldiers pounced on us and they were much more aggressive. We had to do a FOB hunt to bring the alert level down to take our objective and it wasn't even a large city (it was the La Rohelle airfield). I know the mission adapts to the player count so is there really a much larger trigger point at 3+ players or was it just coincidence?

I've noticed this to say the least! I struggle to get much entertainment unless I turn the aggression rate up! Perhaps you could experiment with this yourself? See if it suits your needs. Turning the difficulty up will also be more of a challenge but in the sense that AI will spot you faster, fire straight and kinda know what they're doing. But yes, CSAT are multiplied by player count. I'm not sure where or how specifically but I don't think you'd want to alter it over just upping the aggression rate. 

You could also try mixing up the spawns a bit? By adding multiple of the same classname to a spawn list in classnames.sqf they're more likely to be chosen by the random pick. 

Glad you guys are loving it!

Thank you for making this mission its by far one of the best I've seen. I'm not sure if the original creator is still working on this but after playing it with my group for some time I have a request.

With the current revive system It seems impossible to actually "lose" this mission. With infinite respawns you will eventually win, always. Is there any way to add a "ticket system" that will count down on player deaths and when reaching zero Bluefor loses? Possibly a mission parameter to set start tickets?

I hope that makes sense.

Just wanted to say I'm pretty sure he is continuing with his work. Also your idea makes sense yer but logically it doesn't fit in with the mission, especially if you have an open server. It's supposedly persistent, meaning the enemy can counter attack. It's just they're not powerful enough to counter and take back the majority of the map, effectively turning the tide. If you set a ticket counter, then I think you'll see more losses and no wins. After all, a lot of people like to die often. :P

Why not just up the difficulty and/or aggression rate? That'll add some major challenge without having to risk an "endgame" scenario where you've put in a lot of work and some trolls have come and wasted your tickets.

Edited by Applejakerie

Generally we play it as a campaign on a closed server with no Trolls :) It just seems like it might be more interesting if Red could win (by attrition).

• Like 1

I'm confused, the fact that i dont have the Helicopter DLC, is there any other way to transport the base to the mainland? :P

That's a good point, as you don't have the option to sling-load right?

There is the Ghost Hawk that's not DLC but if the sling-load function really is DLC only then you'll have to set the parameter to start with an FOB already. :) Before you start your mission on your server, top right is parameters. Adjust these including the FOB parameter I just mentioned and from then on, you can use the pre-set FOB's. I'm just wondering how'd you'd create more.. Because first you'd buy the container from the newest FOB and then you wouldn't be able to move it far enough away to deploy it, even if your just trying to swap it over for the truck. There's been some interesting previous edits tho, can someone offer something so we can auto-start with the FOB truck? Instead?

(Or maybe swapping between Container and Truck needs to be more simple? An option no matter where and when you're looking at the Container/Truck, so that it can be swapped too close to sectors etc.)

Edited by Applejakerie

I'm confused, the fact that i dont have the Helicopter DLC, is there any other way to transport the base to the mainland? :P

Use the mod "Advanced Sling Loading" if the option to sling load with the Ghost Hawk is locked.

I have a general question that probably has been answered a million times in this thread, but i dont know where is the most updated method or file. Im looking to use Ace, RHS, and Shacktac ui in the altis liberation. How would i go about doing this? I finally got Ace working using a dedicated server, but anything beyond that i dont know what to do. Much thanks ahead of time.

I just published a port of Liberation to Al Rayak map.

I made it for personal use and desided to share it if someone is interested.

I used Applejakerie's existed port adding some changes to Zeus.

The map as of now has:

87 capture points

24 towers

5 military bases

7 bigtowns

I haven't changed the factions that spawn (CSAT - Syndikat) since i want to find a faction with air units too.

Right now i have the scenario as CSAT with Syndikat captured area to benefit from the Oil Factories.

I'll be updating it with some more custom areas soon.

Feel free to use/edit with your preferences and leave feedback.

Thanks,

Mission

https://github.com/Dexious/Al_Rayak_Lib0924_Dex

• Like 2

I have a general question that probably has been answered a million times in this thread, but i dont know where is the most updated method or file. Im looking to use Ace, RHS, and Shacktac ui in the altis liberation. How would i go about doing this? I finally got Ace working using a dedicated server, but anything beyond that i dont know what to do. Much thanks ahead of time.

I don't mind helping you with this, probably easier on Steam though. Feel free to add me, same username (Applejakerie). 

I just published a port of Liberation to Al Rayak map.

I made it for personal use and desided to share it if someone is interested.

I used Applejakerie's existed port adding some changes to Zeus.

The map as of now has:

87 capture points

24 towers

5 military bases

7 bigtowns

I haven't changed the factions that spawn (CSAT - Syndikat) since i want to find a faction with air units too.

Right now i have the scenario as CSAT with Syndikat captured area to benefit from the Oil Factories.

I'll be updating it with some more custom areas soon.

Feel free to use/edit with your preferences and leave feedback.

Thanks,

Mission

https://github.com/Dexious/Al_Rayak_Lib0924_Dex

What changes to Zeus if you don't mind my curiosity? Nice work also. 

What changes to Zeus if you don't mind my curiosity? Nice work also. 

I added an "Admin Zeus" using PUID that has access to everything (move,delete,spawn etc) + spawned units are added to "Admin Zeus".

It's the changes i PMed you some time ago.

Ah yea, I was going to incorporate that somewhere but recently I've just been waiting until I'm happy to pay and renew my server.

It's a good edit, I recommend trying this mission to anyone!

If you don't find a faction you like, you could always add the Su mods, Russian planes that make sense if they're CSAT still.

Edited by Applejakerie

RHS has always been mission compatible, so load it like a mod on server/client..  SHACK Tac may only be required for client.. dpends on server is "likeMod" required or just the Keys have to be installed to server "keys"..   I think.

I'm run in the 924 Altis version. Everything is working except for the default repair box and the default repair vehicle.

Trying to determine if this is o problem on my server or if it's a known issue.

Thanks

Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm run in the 924 Altis version. Everything is working except for the default repair box and the default repair vehicle.

Trying to determine if this is o problem on my server or if it's a known issue.

Thanks

Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've ran into this previously. It can be a bit of a bummer but the issue seemingly vanished for me at some point.

Maybe I made a fix by mistake but I swear they were working at random intervals, with random players and were then perfect, on the same mission version.

Just check over your classnames.sqf and classnames_extension.sqf and look for any errors. Missing , or maybe classnames being spelt wrongly, even missplaced "" sometimes. 

Remember ever spawn list does not end with a , and good luck looking. 

Edited by Applejakerie

One quick question regarding the Arsenal.

I want to be able to use/change the Insignias but the button is missing from the Arsenal.

What i found in the file 

"scripts\client\actions\open_arsenal.sqf"

line 101

[ "Open", false ] spawn BIS_fnc_arsenal;

if i change it from "false" to "true" i do have the Insignia button BUT i see no insignias in it. 

It's EMPTY.

Any ideas on how can we enable it and be able to change insignias?

Hi All

Long time reader, first time poster.

I've worked on a couple of Liberation ports for our small group and keep running into the same issue each time, hoping someone here can shed some light on the issue.

When launching my version I check on the map to see server FPS and spawned units.  There are only a handful of infantry units as should be the case, but it appears that every vehicle on the map is spawning and staying in.  On my Takistan port there is almost 500 vehicles spawned from the very start.  What am I doing wrong here?  I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure this out.

Hi All

Long time reader, first time poster.

I've worked on a couple of Liberation ports for our small group and keep running into the same issue each time, hoping someone here can shed some light on the issue.

When launching my version I check on the map to see server FPS and spawned units.  There are only a handful of infantry units as should be the case, but it appears that every vehicle on the map is spawning and staying in.  On my Takistan port there is almost 500 vehicles spawned from the very start.  What am I doing wrong here?  I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure this out.

Check out your .RPT file and see if you have any active sectors.

You should have a message like this:

"Full sector scan at 249.108, active sectors: []"

Apart from that have you changed anything in the spawning configuration?

Checked the rpt file and indeed I am getting those messages.  Not sure exactly what they mean or how to fix them though.

I changed nothing in the spawn config.  It's a vanilla port, followed the guide to the letter so far as I can tell and everything works except this one issue. 

To clarify, when I say vanilla port it is simply all files copied from Liberation original except my mission.sqm.  As I understand it though the mission.sqm only holds the map markers/triggers/etc and they have all been copied over according to the guide.

If all other content is the same as the original I am struggling to identify where the error is emanating from.

Checked the rpt file and indeed I am getting those messages.  Not sure exactly what they mean or how to fix them though.

These are not errors. They show you an overview on what's going on the server, how many sectors are active each time etc.

So if by starting the mission with no FOBs or friendly units spawned somewhere, do you have sectors activated?