zbug

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (beta)

A kind of "topping" of liberation would be if a team vs team (BLUEFOR vs OPFOR, players on both sides) version would be created of it. I already have a basic imagination of this but - although I got some deeper experience in arma scripting - I am far from pro mission builders and I (currently) have minimal experience in using mission editor so I thought I'll just put a short description of my vision over here.

I think the best way of implementation would be a kind of "splitting" the current FoB conception into two basic FoB types. One would be a so called "defendable-only" FoB while the other would be normally defendable and attackable. Both teams would have both types. Here's what I detailedly mean:

Defendable-only FoBs:

• All the FoBs created by human players would belong to this type.
  • Players of the opposing team should be disallowed to kill / destroy anything within FoB range.
  • Player-controlled AI, AI crew of player-controlled vehicles etc. of the opposing team should also be disallowed to kill / destroy anything within FoB range.
  • Only AI of mission-controlled attack waves would be allowed to kill / destroy anything within FoB range as it is currently in cooperative version. Owners of the FoB (both players and AI) should also fight down such attacking AI waves within a timeinterval in order to defend the FoB as it is in cooperative version. Apparently such attacking AI waves should be periodicly launched by mission engine on "defendable-only" FoBs of both sides.
  • Apparently FoBs of this type could only be created far enough from the nearest capturable sector/location to prevent FoB range from blocking units of the opposing team in capturing the sector.

Both Defendable and Attackable FoBs:

• Such FoBs should be created by mission engine as it's done for OPFOR side in cooperative version.
  • They would be fully functional as "defendable-only FoBs" are but they would be normally attackable and destroyable by any unit of the opposing team. Apparently there should be no additional AI attacking waves on such FoBs as they would only be needed to keep "consistency" of current mission-structure.

Apparently there should be mission-controlled AI of both sides to defend captured sectors/locations. The number of them might be a subject of an additional mission parameter.

• Like 1

A kind of "topping" of liberation would be if a team vs team (BLUEFOR vs OPFOR, players on both sides) version would be created of it. I already have a basic imagination of this but - although I got some deeper experience in arma scripting - I am far from pro mission builders and I (currently) have minimal experience in using mission editor so I thought I'll just put a short description of my vision over here.

I think the best way of implementation would be a kind of "splitting" the current FoB conception into two basic FoB types. One would be a so called "defendable-only" FoB while the other would be normally defendable and attackable. Both teams would have both types. Here's what I detailedly mean:

Defendable-only FoBs:

• All the FoBs created by human players would belong to this type.
  • Players of the opposing team should be disallowed to kill / destroy anything within FoB range.
  • Player-controlled AI, AI crew of player-controlled vehicles etc. of the opposing team should also be disallowed to kill / destroy anything within FoB range.
  • Only AI of mission-controlled attack waves would be allowed to kill / destroy anything within FoB range as it is currently in cooperative version. Owners of the FoB (both players and AI) should also fight down such attacking AI waves within a timeinterval in order to defend the FoB as it is in cooperative version. Apparently such attacking AI waves should be periodicly launched by mission engine on "defendable-only" FoBs of both sides.
  • Apparently FoBs of this type could only be created far enough from the nearest capturable sector/location to prevent FoB range from blocking units of the opposing team in capturing the sector.

Both Defendable and Attackable FoBs:

• Such FoBs should be created by mission engine as it's done for OPFOR size in cooperative version.
  • They would be fully functional as "defendable-only FoBs" are but they would be normally attackable and destroyable by any unit of the opposing team. Apparently there should be no additional AI attacking waves on such FoBs as they would only be needed to keep "consistency" of current mission-structure.

Apparently there should be mission-controlled AI of both sides to defend captured sectors/locations. The number of them might be a subject of an additional mission parameter.

Definitely needs some fine combing but I have thought about this before also. Has anyone got anything to add to whether or not it is doable? I'm pretty sure I've got the resources to make this happen yanno. 

• Like 1

thx for this information is very usefull. 

but how can i give a pilote (not in my squad) to land ? i have a helicopter in the air and neet to give him the comannt to land. how dose it worke ? 

I feel like it may be an Arma issue, I found a solution but it doesn't work with every helicopter.

1. Spawn a mohawk helicopter with crew inside. (I noticed it spawns a Nato tank crew member inside as a pilot instead of the standard Nato helicopter pilot)
  2. Create a waypoint where you want the helicopter to land
  3. Double click on the waypoint and select "transport unload"
  4. The pilot will now land and then idle on the ground and wait for all troops to jump off.

You can even create a 2nd transport unload waypoint back at base while it's heading to its first point so that your pilot can drop off troops then come back to base and land. I can make a quick video demonstrating it if it sounds a little complicated.  :)

i tried it and the pilot leave the helicopter and fall down about 150 m . helicopter dit not land pilot left him alone in the air :)

My game used to do this, long time back  1.48  or 1.50 mayB.  It fixed itself.  even right now If heli has cargo personnel, and u order a disembark, the heli lands to disembark height. :ph34r:  ( except I never used zeus )

Hey, trying to make a RHS version on cherno and all goes well, pretty much done except for the premade squads bit.

I've added these lines (see below) but I can't even see the premade squads build button ingame. Any ideas?

blufor_squad_inf_light = [
    ["rhsusf_army_ocp_squadleader"],
    ["rhsusf_army_ocp_riflemanl"],
    ["rhsusf_army_ocp_medic"],
    ["rhsusf_army_ocp_marksman"],
    ["rhsusf_army_ocp_autorifleman"],
    ["rhsusf_army_ocp_riflemanat"]
];

Hey, trying to make a RHS version on cherno and all goes well, pretty much done except for the premade squads bit.

I've added these lines (see below) but I can't even see the premade squads build button ingame. Any ideas?

["rhsusf_army_ocp_squadleader"],

["rhsusf_army_ocp_medic"],

["rhsusf_army_ocp_marksman"],

["rhsusf_army_ocp_autorifleman"],

["rhsusf_army_ocp_riflemanat"]

];

Don't use the brackets.

It should be:

"rhsusf_army_ocp_squadleader",
    "rhsusf_army_ocp_riflemanl",
    "rhsusf_army_ocp_riflemanl",
    "rhsusf_army_ocp_medic",
    "rhsusf_army_ocp_marksman",
    "rhsusf_army_ocp_autorifleman",
    "rhsusf_army_ocp_riflemanat"
];

Since you are already writing in an Array.

Oh and in order to see the ingame button for premade squads you need to be Commander.

Edited by Dexious

Oh thanks :)

Hmm thats wierd, I just thought of that and went back to dubbel check that I was the commander and from what I can see I should be. I can use Zeus and the role name is Commander.

Any way I can make sure? It's very possible that I messed that part up when changing the units.

Edit: Nvm, fixed it :)

Oh thanks :)

Hmm thats wierd, I just thought of that and went back to dubbel check that I was the commander and from what I can see I should be. I can use Zeus and the role name is Commander.

Any way I can make sure? It's very possible that I messed that part up when changing the units.

You probably have a typing error when you changed the classnames.

Double check to see if you have brackets inside Arrays as the above example or you are missing a 

","

or you have a 

","

in a last entry in your Arrays.

A good way to find this out is to run through the Editor. When you launch the mission script errors should lead you to the exact line and file.

Guys, I've got a bit of a stumper here.

I've ported Lib to Beketov, but when I try to host a server with my GSP I get the following error:

21:39:57 Malformed data. Total count differs. expected: 1, got: 2. serverip: 1317130246, serverport: 2373

When I try to run it locally it works without a problem.

Now, this is (probably) not a liberation data problem, but does anyone have ANY idea how to fix this?

Beketov port: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=70276828589341450758

All I can say is that it is a Memory leak. Arma 3's Memory allocators are quite bad which does cause the FPS to drop the more you play. Many players have this problem. I fixed this problem from a Forum I saw already made on this problem. All you have to do is Go to the Arma 3 Directory, scroll down till you see a folder called 'Dll', then you must delete all the files inside it. What this does is make it so Arma 3 can't find the standard, bad, memory allocators, so it resorts to the Windows allocators, which a much, much better. It might not work for all people but it will improve performance, if not remove the worsening FPS as time goes on.

For quite awhile there has been no kindness in the spawning capacities in large  towns.LOL  I use 2 hc's and play ACE3  with GreuhLIb ai max capacity 100%  never have I gone higher.

Of course the fps  problem went away ( I did attempt "multiple HCs recommended").  There is also the memory 'leak' thing now, but its alot worse in other MP scenarios, than here.

• Like 1

Hello guys,

at first i want to apologize for my bad english... its not my main language...

I have a problem with my dedicated server.

Every restart my server wipes and i dont know why...

I looked into the logs and the only error i can find is this one:

20:22:08 Warning Message: Problem occurred when saving profile data. The file may be set to read-only or can be blocked by another instance of the game (e.g., dedicated server).

My hoster says that my server has the permissions to write the files... so it cant be the read only problem.... We are also the only server on this host-system and we are not using the standart port so it cant be the error with the other instance.

We are running the server on Linux and here you can find our startparameters: https://img.cyberdos.de/?id=2yg4nx2s

I really dont know how to fix this soo pleeeaase help me!

I hope i will get a answer soon.

Have a good day.

Greetings,

Max

I know guys yoiu now work on Tanoa map, but can you considere add to Altis libetaion map Time change option please, with out Zeus, thank

Hi i was wondering how to change the hit content, i can shoot a bullet 4 time and the AI don't go down ?

Hi i was wondering how to change the hit content, i can shoot a bullet 4 time and the AI don't go down ?

Play With ACE 3    :ph34r:

May I ask please:

When playing any of the great Liberation variants, they all use the same save game location & file, correct? So you would need to maintain a backup file and manually copy to a back up folder after each session for each variant you play or they will interfere with the other, correct? Thanks.

Also, the latest version for Liberation is .924? Thanks.

The latest version is .924 yes. Also each version uses a different save game usually. If you de-PBO the mission, you'll see in its root there's a gameplay_constants.sqf file.

The top value inside this file is the name of the save, if you want more than 1 save per mission, just change the value, for instance make it SAVEGAME1_ALTIS, SAVEGAME2_Tanoa, etc.  

The latest version is .924 yes. Also each version uses a different save game usually. If you de-PBO the mission, you'll see in its root there's a gameplay_constants.sqf file.

The top value inside this file is the name of the save, if you want more than 1 save per mission, just change the value, for instance make it SAVEGAME1_ALTIS, SAVEGAME2_Tanoa, etc.  

Thanks. I just noticed that while playing Optre Liberation (Altis), that when i try and load any of the other Liberation Variants, that my base locations and progress is carried over....in some cases, the result is distorted if playing a different map than Altis...I guess this is due to the Optre Mod?

Because the SAVEGAME value is the same for your missions, they're both using the same SAVEGAME. If you use a different map the SAVEGAME will load FoB's etc in all the same places as the old map but on the new map, so yes it'll be very distorted in most cases. Simply adding the 1, 2, 3 to the end of SAVEGAME on your second mission, will mean when you next load that mission there is no save and you can start from the beginning, whilst also keeping your progress saved on the older map. 

Hope this helped.

Because the SAVEGAME value is the same for your missions, they're both using the same SAVEGAME. If you use a different map the SAVEGAME will load FoB's etc in all the same places as the old map but on the new map, so yes it'll be very distorted in most cases. Simply adding the 1, 2, 3 to the end of SAVEGAME on your second mission, will mean when you next load that mission there is no save and you can start from the beginning, whilst also keeping your progress saved on the older map. 

Hope this helped.

Im new to Arma, so all of this is new to me...to "de-pbo" the mission, you need to be able to open the pbo file and edit the savegame values as you note above? Thanks.

Im new to Arma, so all of this is new to me...to "de-pbo" the mission, you need to be able to open the pbo file and edit the savegame values as you note above? Thanks.

Right !   You will  need a pbo manager for this.  Alternately  download a un pbo mission file at github for Liberation, Not all maps available this way though,  But place the folder u receive in MP missions, make changes to above mentioned parameterrs, then from arma 3 editor select this mission and use 'export mission' to desired location. 

Right !   You will  need a pbo manager for this.  Alternately  download a un pbo mission file at github for Liberation, Not all maps available this way though,  But place the folder u receive in MP missions, make changes to above mentioned parameterrs, then from arma 3 editor select this mission and use 'export mission' to desired location. 

Thanks. I will look into this...much appreciated!

Hello everyone,

I love this mission and currently running it on my dedicated server (im not hosting it on my machine). 

I have a question for you though.

I may be missing something, but how do I capture surrendered enemies?
Me and my friends have gone deep into the mission and enemy alert it on 100%, But I can't get surrendered enemies to following me, the scroll mouse button have no new options when I'm aiming at a surrendered enemy and I have no additional options in my command menu. We always end up losing the surrendered enemies because they disappear or we kill them. Maybe I am doing something wrong or this is a bug? can anyone give me a hint on how to get the surrendered enemies to follow me into my FOB? Thank you!

Hello everyone,

I love this mission and currently running it on my dedicated server (im not hosting it on my machine). 

I have a question for you though.

I may be missing something, but how do I capture surrendered enemies?

Me and my friends have gone deep into the mission and enemy alert it on 100%, But I can't get surrendered enemies to following me, the scroll mouse button have no new options when I'm aiming at a surrendered enemy and I have no additional options in my command menu. We always end up losing the surrendered enemies because they disappear or we kill them. Maybe I am doing something wrong or this is a bug? can anyone give me a hint on how to get the surrendered enemies to follow me into my FOB? Thank you!

The prisoners are found in surrendered posture, so approaching there should be a dialogue "capture" appear at your crosshairs, so default select,when it appears , then they are supposed to become part of your squad, and will follow orders . Board vehicles when commanded, exit vehicles , and move to waypoints. Guard them though they will escape.!

• Like 1

The prisoners are found in surrendered posture, so approaching there should be a dialogue "capture" appear at your crosshairs, so default select,when it appears , then they are supposed to become part of your squad, and will follow orders . Board vehicles when commanded, exit vehicles , and move to waypoints. Guard them though they will escape.!

That's the thing, I don't get the option to do it. I don't get the "Capture" dialog. I am playing as the mission commander that controls zeus and stuff, do I need to be "Squad leader" or something?

That's the thing, I don't get the option to do it. I don't get the "Capture" dialog. I am playing as the mission commander that controls zeus and stuff, do I need to be "Squad leader" or something?

Wow , sorry man,  IDK whats going on then, if they are surrendered and u are close to the surrendered soldier, the dialogue should appear right on the screen.   So commander  usually has all Priveledges, recycle etc. Check permissions,  check any other mods..  If mission  is unmodified I cannot imagine it being broken like that.  You can always play with ACE  and handcuff all of them to see if they are recognized back at the FOB, for interrogation / points.