zbug

[MP][CTI-COOP] Liberation (beta)

Is it possible to give AI specific command through Zeus without being their squad leader? For example, disembark, hold fire, etc.?

Also, is it possible to modify squads in Zeus? If I leave AI on the server, then log in later, I'm no longer their squad leader and commanding them becomes much harder.

Literally the exact same way you added your own units.....

Scroll down and read the classname_extensions.sqf file, read the //What This text says, and usually there is a little text describing what the following units are. Get the classnames of the enemy ists units you want, add to respective field in the .sqf....same as you did usmc... I question how this was a question when it was right in front of your eyes... Do some people really not read things or use common sense?

See here; http://greuh-liberation.wikia.com/wiki/Server_Admin

de-PBO mission and change init.sqf

enableSaving [ false, false ];
Change to
enableSaving [ true, true ];

See more here; https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/enableSaving

No, i'm just totally new to this, this is literally my first attempt. Give the guy a break already, geez.

Been away for a while and got a new question for 0923. How do I use the arsenal restriction for items like vests and helmets? The restrictions only cover weapons, magazines, items and backpacks? Or am I reading wrong? Or are vests and helmets classified as items? The idea being to remove access to OPFOR stuff from the arsenal (we use RHS which spams way too much stuff in the arsenal).

Thanks in advance.

One, the Huron will not repair when the mods are loaded. We land next to the Huron repair container and nothing happens. Rearming and refueling work fine. We unload the RHS mods and Huron repair works as it should. Any ideas here?

Second, we earned enough ammo points to purchase the AH64 but when anyone gets into the gunner seat, the entire game crashes. We've confirmed the latest RHS versions are present on both clients and servers. Ideas?

- RHS and Lib don't play nice lately, mostly with repair and sometimes entering a RHS unit or recycle. Found this out on my own testing, best advice for a quick fix is use Toolkits. Try adding HEMIT Repair Truck as well. One way I avoided this problem was declaretrait of players as Engie, so they can carry Toolkit & make repairs. 

- Can't say I ever encountered this.

Is it intended that i can´t revive my squad AI? Thought there is a revive system?

So it´s not like in Antistasi where i can revive them and they can do the same to me?

I play mostly solo. If i can not revive the AI and can not recrute them at an mobile spawnpoint it makes the mobile spawn worthless, cause i have to return to the fob anyway. And then i have to drive them back to the combat area cause somhow they do not halo jump with me.

Sorry if the question is dumb just thought it can´t be intended...cause it makes to mission even harder for SP/small Grp. Just hoping i miss something.

Think so, never been able to revive AI either. 

Correct, can make a small PIA when you can't get more guys, but can respawn at the Mobile Respawn. Least still close back to action. Could de-PBO and add in a Recruit AI script tied to Huron. Something I actually kinda wish in 1.0 of Lib myself. Though as you can see, kinda a pain for small/solo play, but with avg size group not too big of issue.  

No, i'm just totally new to this, this is literally my first attempt. Give the guy a break already, geez.

That's all fine and dandy, we all start somewhere, but mate, if you can't even help yourself and scroll down on the exact same file you had open, and can't make the connection...well then, best of luck to you. Exactly where you added your own units, if you would of just scrolled down and gander at the rest of the file....  Was nothing personal. 

• Like 1

- RHS and Lib don't play nice lately, mostly with repair and sometimes entering a RHS unit or recycle. Found this out on my own testing, best advice for a quick fix is use Toolkits. Try adding HEMIT Repair Truck as well. One way I avoided this problem was declaretrait of players as Engie, so they can carry Toolkit & make repairs. 

- Can't say I ever encountered this.

Thank you very much for your response. We did have a HEMIT repair truck there as well, right next to the Huron repair container. Just sat there. We'll work around the issue using your advice. Much appreciated.

Are the objects i conquer somehow protected? There is a server Option that sound like that but when i go to a conquered town for example there are no AI units.

Are the objects i conquer somehow protected? There is a server Option that sound like that but when i go to a conquered town for example there are no AI units.

I'm no expert but in my experience, taken objectives are idle until OPFOR comes calling on them. Your AI troops will spawn at the objective under threat and will remain until the threat is neutralized or your AI troops are all killed. I usually watch the number spawned (the white person limit) and if it gets low with no indication that OPFOR is losing, I will break off from what I'm doing and go and help.

Been away for a while and got a new question for 0923. How do I use the arsenal restriction for items like vests and helmets? The restrictions only cover weapons, magazines, items and backpacks? Or am I reading wrong? Or are vests and helmets classified as items? The idea being to remove access to OPFOR stuff from the arsenal (we use RHS which spams way too much stuff in the arsenal).

Thanks in advance.

Here's the arsenal.sqf from the port that I made using RHS. http://pastebin.com/HWmD5M7y

I'm using eastern bloc wepaons, but you can see how it works. Although nothing under /Facewear is showing up in the arsenal for some reason.

i played this server for 2 days then one day im just sitting on the helicopter waiting for it to take off and take me to the objective that we were trying to take and some guy runs up and shoots me (my teammate) and i die and he takes my spot 10 seconds later i got a ban very unhappy because i had liked the server

Just wanted to follow up on this. We fixed the Apache problem by adding the RHS classes to the mission.sqf. This seemed to fix it. As for the repair issue, by shear accident we figured that one out too, sorta. We found that by bumping into the tail of a damaged aircraft with the HEMTT repair truck, it would instantly repair it. No countdown, just bumping it (fairly hard), the repairs were made instantly. However, bump it too hard and it explodes but while exploding, the repair timer starts. I don't know if this will help Zbug if it's something that needs to be fixed in Lib or not but there it is...

Thank you for the effort that you've put into this mission, I think it's coming along great and I'm currently running this as the default mission on my dedicated server. 

I've disabled the revive and just use the default ACE 3 behavior. The problem I'm having is that, when BLUFOR units are knocked out for an extended period of time, the sector deactivates, then activates again when (if) they become conscious. I've been looking through the mission script but have failed to find where the sector activation timeout is located. I'd like to either a) lengthen this to a value that exceeds my bleedout time or b) modify the condition to select units that are unconscious when deciding if the  area should deactivate. There's nothing like bandaging up, only to have a fresh set of OPFOR spawn right on top of you :)

Speaking of which, is caching of the sector planned so that progress isn't lost if it deactivates/reactivates?

I apologize if these are duplicates, I'm still trying to catch up on questions that have been answered, but I was unable to find solutions to the deactivation issue when searching the thread. 

Regarding the vehicle repairing with other vehicles issue, the 2 groups that I game with have also experienced this problem. I believe it may be a bug introduced by the 160 patch because we tested vehicle on vehicle repairing in the editor with BIS content only and still could not get it to function. That said, we did not try ramming things with the repair truck. Can anyone else test and confirm this please?

-Edit-

Someone told me that there was a single command for the BIS Virtual Arsenal that restricted items based on faction, does anyone know if that will work in this Liberation mission? Would be a lot easier then trying to list every individual item I want to restrict.

Thank you for the effort that you've put into this mission, I think it's coming along great and I'm currently running this as the default mission on my dedicated server. 

I've disabled the revive and just use the default ACE 3 behavior. The problem I'm having is that, when BLUFOR units are knocked out for an extended period of time, the sector deactivates, then activates again when (if) they become conscious. I've been looking through the mission script but have failed to find where the sector activation timeout is located. I'd like to either a) lengthen this to a value that exceeds my bleedout time or B) modify the condition to select units that are unconscious when deciding if the  area should deactivate. There's nothing like bandaging up, only to have a fresh set of OPFOR spawn right on top of you :)

Speaking of which, is caching of the sector planned so that progress isn't lost if it deactivates/reactivates?

I apologize if these are duplicates, I'm still trying to catch up on questions that have been answered, but I was unable to find solutions to the deactivation issue when searching the thread. 

Why don't you disable AI unconsciousness with ACE  medical?  You'll have to check them for injuries frequently, because they wont report injuries

automatically. But the pak is nice..

-Edit-

Someone told me that there was a single command for the BIS Virtual Arsenal that restricted items based on faction, does anyone know if that will work in this Liberation mission? Would be a lot easier then trying to list every individual item I want to restrict.

This may be right up your alley; http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=30933

Hey I just started playing this mod and so far it looks good!

I have a question though:

How does defending work? Do I simply have to buy a squad for each sector (which eats up ny manpower) or does the game auto spawn defenders since I read something about auto BLUFOR AI spawn.

Hey I just started playing this mod and so far it looks good!

I have a question though:

How does defending work? Do I simply have to buy a squad for each sector (which eats up ny manpower) or does the game auto spawn defenders since I read something about auto BLUFOR AI spawn.

When a sector comes under attack, friendlies will spawn to defend it.  In some cases they will fight off the attack without your assistance, but if your alert level is too high they may be overwhelmed and need your assistance.

Why don't you disable AI unconsciousness with ACE  medical?  You'll have to check them for injuries frequently, because they wont report injuries

automatically. But the pak is nice..

I'm not sure I explained my issue correctly. Let me give an example: A fire team is completely knocked out within an active sector (ACE knockout) and the first player unit becomes conscious after a few minutes. During the period of time while all players were knocked out, the sector changed from active (red) to gray (empty?). Once the first player is conscious, the sector is blue, but after a short period of time (I've seen this in the script, maybe 40 seconds?) OPFOR respawns a fresh set of infantry, vehicles, etc.

What I'd like to do is edit the mission so that the OPFOR within the sector do NOT despawn when all player BLUFOR units are unconscious. Normal deactivation (if the last player leaves the activation area/respawns/etc) is fine, but I can be knocked out in the middle of town with a small team and OPFOR despawns within a short period of time. I need this to be at least my configured bleedout time in ACE 3.

Thank you for your reply!

• Like 1

Hi everyone.

I been trying to whitelist certain items, gear etc.
I cannot seem to find the issue why it will not work.

Here is the code:
http://pastebin.com/eUqiAAaG

I am sure I written everything accurately, not sure what is missing at this point anymore. I searched this forum and so forth, I read that most people got it working and I checked their code, mine looks pretty much the same.
Any idea where I could have gone, if I even went wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Edit:
I wiped the game just to be sure, still no joy.

Hi everyone.

I been trying to whitelist certain items, gear etc.

I cannot seem to find the issue why it will not work.

Here is the code:

http://pastebin.com/eUqiAAaG

I am sure I written everything accurately, not sure what is missing at this point anymore. I searched this forum and so forth, I read that most people got it working and I checked their code, mine looks pretty much the same.

Any idea where I could have gone, if I even went wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Edit:

I wiped the game just to be sure, still no joy.

Missing a comma line 318

• Like 1

Missing a comma line 318

Thanks for your help.

It was not it, but I discovered that one of the backpacks caused this bug, I got rid of it from the list and now everything works.

I also came across a very strange bug.
Basically when I purchase units or equipment etc.

Example:
Buy heli: costs 0 manpower, 0 ammo, 30 fuel.

Even when I have 0 fuel, I can buy it.
When I buy it, it adds to my fuel.
When I recycle it subtracts that fuel again.

This problem also goes together with Manpower.

Ammo is the only one working as intended.

Any idea what causes this and where I can look to find a fix?
The vehicles and so forth i written accurately
Here is an example of how I written it:

["uns_UH1C_M6_M200",0,45,25],

And this is the official example:

[ "B_APC_Tracked_01_AA_F", 0, 40, 15 ],

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

I also came across a very strange bug.

Basically when I purchase units or equipment etc.

Example:

Buy heli: costs 0 manpower, 0 ammo, 30 fuel.

Even when I have 0 fuel, I can buy it.

When I buy it, it adds to my fuel.

When I recycle it subtracts that fuel again.

This problem also goes together with Manpower.

Ammo is the only one working as intended.

Any idea what causes this and where I can look to find a fix?

The vehicles and so forth i written accurately

Here is an example of how I written it:

["uns_UH1C_M6_M200",0,45,25],

And this is the official example:

[ "B_APC_Tracked_01_AA_F", 0, 40, 15 ],

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Haha no problem mate, you just were thinking backwards of how it works ;) See here; http://greuh-liberation.wikia.com/wiki/Resources

As for vehicle, are you asking why it's not working when you enter it in yourself in classnames_extensions.sqf? Try the spacing as official example, but looking at it I don't see an issue unless that classname is misspelled. 

Haha no problem mate, you just were thinking backwards of how it works ;) See here; http://greuh-liberation.wikia.com/wiki/Resources

As for vehicle, are you asking why it's not working when you enter it in yourself in classnames_extensions.sqf? Try the spacing as official example, but looking at it I don't see an issue unless that classname is misspelled. 

The vehicles are there and can be selected, I just thought I would add that incase it has something to do with the fuel and manpower.

So from what I understand, this is how it is meant to be played?

I mean you start with 0 Manpower, 0 Ammo, and 0 Fuel.

So that means I should not be able to purchase anything right?

Because I can purchase anything at anytime as long as it does not need ammo, even with 0 Manpower and 0 Fuel.

The vehicles are there and can be selected, I just thought I would add that incase it has something to do with the fuel and manpower.

So from what I understand, this is how it is meant to be played?

I mean you start with 0 Manpower, 0 Ammo, and 0 Fuel.

So that means I should not be able to purchase anything right?

Because I can purchase anything at anytime as long as it does not need ammo, even with 0 Manpower and 0 Fuel.

You start with an amount of fuel on hand. So, I think you start with 40 fuel which is represented as 0/40. You build a vehicle which requires fuel, now you have that much fuel in use. So if the vehicle requires 10 fuel, now your fuel will say 10/40. That means you have 10 fuel points in use and 30 left. When that vehicle is destroyed or recycled, you get that fuel that was in use back again which would put you back at 0/40 in use. The more factories and bases you take, the more overall fuel you have to use which would make the second number rise (0/100) and the more vehicles you can have active at any given time which will be very important to manage properly as you progress. Make sense?

Hey Zbug thanks for a great map ! running on my server constantly and always get great reviews from it.

One question. I was searching the forums and couldnt run across anything about adding the BUILD menu to the LHD ? I understand for progress reasons Chimera base is the starting point however for our server we were looking at adding a build menu to it.  I was looking through your scripts and figured I would ask for permission first. Maybe a possible option could be added to the mission start parameters "ADD LHD BUILD MENU" or "CHIMERA BUILD AVAILABILTY"

any ideas ?

thanks 

Shrike