Sign in to follow this  
-TU--33ker

Deactivating the sky in ofp

i' ve read about a possibility to "deactivate the animated sky2 in OFP. or something like that tounge.gif

this should make the game faster in MP.

unfourtunately i forgot which thread it was and my search didn't have the results i need sad.gif

is it possible and how do i make this work?

PS: could the mods leave this one open until i get an answer? wink.gif

Sure...but over here in Troubleshooting where it belongs!

Moving...

I've never heard of the possibility of deactivating the animated sky.

There is the ability to disable cloudlets (using the Video Options), but all this does it disable the smoke from grenades and other explosions. I wonder if you equated "cloudlets" with "sky".

I remember it from the demo...

I think you had to change the game init...

Something like: setskytexture=0

Well I am not shure about that and it did not improve the performance too much.

It's is possible by tweaking your graphics card (only NVIDIA).

But this method is considert cheating. So most servers will kick anyone who does this off the server.

I'm no master on the english language but doesn't cloudlets mean something like small clouds or light clouds?

If you're not allready absolutely sure that "disable cloudlets" is'nt what youre looking for it might be worth a try.

I never used it myself so i really don't know.

edit:

"Nope cloudlets (in the case of Opf) is to do with explosions and smoke grenade clouds and suchlike"

confused.gif Ok! "Hides under his desk, determined not to answer any more posts in at least a year" sad.gif

Nope cloudlets (in the case of Opf) is to do with explosions and smoke grenade clouds and suchlike smile.gif

i didn't mean the cloudlets that come with explosions. i meant the Sky! it changes when it starts raining or when the sun goes down. that's the thing i wanted to deactivate. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([TU]$33ker @ Oct. 21 2002,06:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">but you have no idea how you could help me, have you?? biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

No sir smile.gif