Sign in to follow this  
fraggit

Bombs kill at least 150 in bali tourist night spot

sad.gif What's up with all these bombings? On friday here in Finland a 19-year old student blew himself up in a crowded mall, killing 7 and wounding over 80 persons. The young chemistry student had built a claymore style bomb with about 2 kg of explosives with shotgun pellets in it. It's pretty sad that most of the wounded (+1 killed) were children who were watching a clown performance.

I guess often peaceful places make perfect targets for terrorists and lunatics.

Yeah I was wondering what was going on to. I just recently heard about the Finnish bomber, I didn't know he was a suicide bomber. The deathtoll has passed 170 according to CNN.

some people that lived there where telling on the radio here in belgium that no people from indonesia, or indonesia looking people where allowed in the dancehall, even a indonesian(?) woman of a white man could enter the place (she had to wait outsite). So it wasnt so peacefull at all.

The hall was packed with tourists so most casualties are foriegn.

All ready the blame for the bombing is starting to fall on Al Queda.

I am fearfull as this is not going to be the last of act of terror for our alliance with the USA!!

strange no, you blow up a bomb in indonesia and kill mostly australians! If you would something simillar in Sydney you would probably kill mostly chinese. The world is a conveyor belt!

Chill, sad to say, but your'e probably right...how long before it's right on our doorstep?

Wouldn't it be nice if our leaders actually listened to us...the majority of the Australian public don't agree with our involvement in GWs cowboy action againt Iraq.

I totally agree with you Fubar! These attacks will be on our door step real soon!! Its just a matter of time and the problem is that our society is so multicultral we will not know who are the suspects.

Howard has a big pole put in his rectrum from bush, and now we the Australians will pay the price for their warmongering actions!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Chill @ Oct. 13 2002,23:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Its just a matter of time and the problem is that our society is so multicultral we will not know who are the suspects.<span id='postcolor'>

Perhaps it's time to send all the foreigners home? Hmm that would include the white people too wouldn't it. Australia would be a very empty place indeed smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Oct. 14 2002,00:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif6--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Chill @ Oct. 13 2002,23wow.gif6)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Its just a matter of time and the problem is that our society is so multicultral we will not know who are the suspects.<span id='postcolor'>

Perhaps it's time to send all the foreigners home? Hmm that would include the white people too wouldn't it. Australia would be a very empty place indeed smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Oct. 14 2002,00:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif6--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Chill @ Oct. 13 2002,23wow.gif6)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Its just a matter of time and the problem is that our society is so multicultral we will not know who are the suspects.<span id='postcolor'>

Perhaps it's time to send all the foreigners home? Hmm that would include the white people too wouldn't it. Australia would be a very empty place indeed smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I dont think that is what he was saying at all. I think he is rightfully worried that if his nation shoses to support the Bush Doctrine 2.0 agenda of pre-emptive military action, that will open his nation up to terrorism within its borders. And I cant blame him for feeling that way!

Now, if he said 'We need to deport all the Muslims to make sure that sort of thing doesnt happen' that would be racism.

well, it seems like some other nations are getting targetted by AQ and it's associates. Like the French oil Tanker in Yemen. I don't consider France to be our ally of Bush Doctrine 2.0, yet someone thought otherwise.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ Oct. 13 2002,23:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I dont think that is what he was saying at all.

Now, if he said 'We need to deport all the Muslims to make sure that sort of thing doesnt happen' that would be racism.<span id='postcolor'>

Nope I didn't think he was saying that either, my point is, how do you tell a muslim by the colour of their skin or simply by looking at them? You can't, what colour is John Philip Walker Lindh?

I wasnt saying anything racial I was stateing a fact that our society is so multicultural. Australia used to have a white policy which meant only Europeans/Christians. Now we have all religions/colours.

Our policy of chest beating with the USA will cause many many deaths unfortunately!! We should all let the USA be responsible for their actions and take a step back and let them be more responsible for their stupid desccisions.

Bali is a tragedy, but in the near future I am sure that these tragedies will be a common accurance for all of us who support the US policies.

Numbers are a bit sketchy, but I would say very few. The dance hall was a tourist hangout, not one for natives. Anyway, Indonesia is the worlds largest Muslim country, so bombing a target filled with Indonesisians would not serve Al Queda. Despite the fact that most of the casusalites were suppose to be mainly Australian, only about 20 Australians have been confirmed dead, but 220 are still missing. This attack is very tragic and is a direct attack against civilians, but you cant say they werent warned. Australia was on Red Alert Terrorist warning, and as far back as last year Al Queda had warned Australia that been uyp with Bush meant becoming targets. Unfortunetly for me, I happen to live in Australia at the moment(maybe it would be a good time to go to NZ), and I dont support John Howard and his goverment, and now I risk terrorist attacks becuase of his actions!

Great, one more reason to consider enlisting over being a missionary pilot.

mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Oct. 14 2002,05:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Anyway, Indonesia is the worlds largest Muslim country, so bombing a target filled with Indonesisians would not serve Al Queda.<span id='postcolor'>

Indonesia has highest population of muslims in Asia, but the area targetted is more known as place where Hindus reside. So i doubt if any muslims were injured there.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Unfortunetly for me, I happen to live in Australia at the moment(maybe it would be a good time to go to NZ), and I dont support John Howard and his goverment, and now I risk terrorist attacks becuase of his actions!<span id='postcolor'>

lighten up! don't get into paranoia! wink.gif

Don't you guys think that if your innocents are being murdered just for your government's stance on something, then maybe your government is justified in its position on these people? Also, a terrorist's agenda is to achieve his political goals via terror, and if you withdraw support you are just making it easier for them to achieve their goals.

Know this is off-topic, but wheres the proof of Iraqs terrorist involvement? By bombing Iraq you are giving Al Queda LOTS of material to recruit. Every time an American 'Smart Bomb' goes off course and kills civilians, you give Al Queda more excuses why America is the 'Big Satan' Any country that falls in with America on 'lets bomb a third world country to the stone age' is going to be trated the same as if you were America, and its comon fact that America is not on Al Quedas Christmas card list smile.gif

Right, where was I........ Right, I dont have anything on topic to say at the moement, good bye.

You seem to be missing the fact that while we may be planning to attack Iraq, WE HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING YET. But that doesn't seem to stop these other guys from killing civilians for shits and giggles. Tell me, who's the bad guy here? The country that rattles sabers, or the guys who fuckin blow up nightclubs?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Any country that falls in with America on 'lets bomb a third world country to the stone age' is going to be trated the same as if you were America,<span id='postcolor'>

with that logic, it is ok to claim that muslims who are not with US is as same as AQ, and thus we can treat them with whichever means we deeem necessary.

anyway, it seems like it was a suicide attack. I read from somewhere that there was a car involved, tha ran into the front entrance.