Sign in to follow this  
JS440

Make two squads (same side) attack each other.

I have placed myself and two east squads and made "DESTROY" waypoint (radius 25) for each squad and placed over opposite squad.

When mission starts they shoot each other however waypoint completes as soon as they kill 1 man (timeout does not have an effect) from the squad, i am trying to make each squad shoot another until there's no one left standing. Tried to create cycle waypoint however it does not work for this situation, only thing works is creating 10 destroy waypoints for each squad which is super time consuming.

I wonder if there's some script i can use to loop this waypoint 10 times or so or achieve what i want any other way possible.

I have placed myself and two east squads and made "DESTROY" waypoint (radius 25) for each squad and placed over opposite squad.

When mission starts they shoot each other however waypoint completes as soon as they kill 1 man (timeout does not have an effect) from the squad, i am trying to make each squad shoot another until there's no one left standing. Tried to create cycle waypoint however it does not work for this situation, only thing works is creating 10 destroy waypoints for each squad which is super time consuming.

I wonder if there's some script i can use to loop this waypoint 10 times or so or achieve what i want any other way possible.

There needs to be opposing sides for them to attack each other. Some addons have put units on two or all three sides, but if you don't have addons there is something you can do.

1. Set up the squads you want in the editor.

2. Then in the editor click on the square area in the upper right that has the cloud, time and date.

Then at the bottom click on "Resistance is Friendly to" Nobody. Then save your map.

3. Now go out of OFP and open the directory OFP\Users\{Your Profile}\Missions. Then open your mission folder and then open the mission.sqm with any text editor (notepad etc)

Now scroll down until you find your squads. You'll see an entry that looks like this:

side="EAST";

class Vehicles

{

items=1;

class Item0

{

position[]={9591.639648,29.834999,3979.039795};

id=0;

side="EAST";

vehicle="SoldierEB";

player="PLAYER COMMANDER";

leader=1;

skill=0.600000;

Now you want to change the half of these that you want to be the adversaries. Change East to Guerilla, or East to West or Guerilla to West...etc

So if you change east to guerilla change all of the units sides to look like this:

items=1;

class Item0

{

position[]={9591.639648,29.834999,3979.039795};

id=0;

side="GUER";

vehicle="SoldierEB";

player="PLAYER COMMANDER";

leader=1;

skill=0.600000;

Now you have an East (Russian) Soldier that is on the Resistance side.

And of course save the file when you finish the edit.

Then go back into the game and loadup your mission in the editor and give it a try.

Edited by Zulu1

Or you can place a group and put a soldier of the side you want them to be on. With "Groups" selected click on the soldier and drag him onto one of the members of the squad. This will make him a part of the group. Make sure this soldier outranks every other member of the squad. To prevent him from showing up in the game you need to doubleclick the "special" soldier and set the "Probability of presence" slider all the way to the left.

• Like 2