cleggy

M1117 Guardian ASV [WIP]

I can't see how I could

marry up the pattern and scaling on the UV islands without a lot of swearing and self flagellation.

Such a regular/geometric pattern can't really be applied to a real vehicle without seams either.

If it was an organic camo pattern (good old spraycan basically), you could use a 3D painting tool to paint just the pure camo colors and use this texture as a base for everything else. That's how i do my tank camo. Some more advanced 3D Painting tools allow you to use stencils, that you can lay over the model (2D) and then paint, which could work somewhat for the regular camo, but at plate joints it's going to be tricky eitherway.

Very nice model btw.

Thanks for the replies

Well, the thing is this .... texturing and I ... we just don't get along  :angry:  

To be more precise the lousy way I've done the UV mapping doesn't lend itself

to certain camo schemes like the all over hex pattern ... I can't see how I could

marry up the pattern and scaling on the UV islands without a lot of swearing and self flagellation.

Having said that it is set up for 'HiddenSelections' so if anyone wants to give it a go ... be my guest!

If that is the case, maybe something simple like a basic black for PMCs? I would also be just as happy if the color scheme of your current texture matched the tones of the FIA vehicles.

If it was an organic camo pattern (good old spraycan basically), you could use a 3D painting tool to paint just the pure camo colors and use this texture as a base for everything else.

Thanks for the input Fenn .... sorry, x3kj (You've done a 'Prince' on me there, mate)

As an amateur Blender user I have got a basic grasp of the paint tool, which has helped with the textures I have done.

GBU.jpg

If that is the case, maybe something simple like a basic black for PMCs? I would also be just as happy if the color scheme of your current texture matched the tones of the FIA vehicles.

Well I did attempt a basic black texture but I found it hard to get right, so gave up!

The 'force' is weak in me at the moment, so unless I get struck by lightning triggering a burst of creativity

- this is probably all I can manage ....

• Like 7