Sign in to follow this  
Rob

DO U THINK WE SHOULD MAKE A MANUAL FOR AL THE UNEXPERIENCED?

that was me replying damage under my bros name. lol, i just got him signed up and then i was too busy replying to my messages and realised that i did it under his name so just to make sure u dont get confused!! lol.

and hes using my nick name Wolfman. d*amn bastard, hes supposed to be Sniperwolf.

Well if we start of by setting certain tasks we will have to have certain people willing to do ceratin tasks. all the people that have posted here efore or people are about too would u be willing to help? and wot part would u like to explain?

remember every example has to be as detailed and as easy to read as pos, maybe evn coming with a little map for the readers to look at.

obviously people raen't really that interested cuz i have had hardly any replies from most of u and instead get hundreds of views. im sure u would all like to search through a really simple, easy to read manual instead of posting loads of threads and searching the net for answers. smile.gif

plz help, not just for us but for ur sake.

wot part do u now best?

init, trig, or script?

thats pretty cool. would u wanna make mini maps for maybe the harder init types? thx alot damage no one else is helping even though i got responses saying yes that would be cool.

ok. all u need to do is find as many init commands as pos. (which is gunna be hard but wel worth it), u could even ask around for them aswell.

wel happy hunting, u might as wel get started. im now busy doing the editor.

What do you mean by harder init types? BTW, you do mean the init field? Just wanted to make sure.

like the simple things are, this inflame true, and the harder things are like switchmove commands and wp=1 etc

I mean, there are still many people asking how to get the fires to light and stuff like that.

hey.!! put in everything u know

just a short thought i think it should be done in html format might be alittle more difucult but then you could have pics and evrey thing eles in it

I've been thinking about the same thing, then we could have example missions to demonstrate the things.

Maybe the first thing is to make some sort of database, well thought out, to which you can add a new explanation. After that you can convert it all to HTML.

Things is ofcourse someone needs to know how to create such a database, the editing center has a searchable FAQ....only you can not add anything to it (yet) I think such a tool would be excellent. One site dedicated to a searchable editing faq would be a real niche in 'the market' so to speak.

Good idea Bloodmixer and *bump*

i don't know ASP but i want to learn it smile.gif

RED

Not sure, but don't you need some sort of hosting programme to do asp?

im already in the middle of doin it in html anywayz smile.gif

right i have done the editor tutorial which should be up soon with a cam scp tutorial. i shall come back and give u guys the link.. i think its gunna be mine and RED's campaign site. i need feed back on it before we publish it to make sure there aren't any pointers we may have missed out.

we still need people to give tutorials on;

breifings,

overviews,

simple scripting,

ext files &

CSV's

if u think u know the bascis of one of those subjects e-m me and i shall put ur work in the manual. everyone shall be manually commended for their work and effort so dont think u aint getting any credit. if this goes as planned this may be the best manual next yr.

so if u wanna be part of it, u know wot to do.

*bump*

i am going to update the new version of the manual in a dat or so beacause, please note this is still not finished and we will need all your contribution towards the project, thx.

RED

Rob, I can help you with the description.ext file if you want me to. To add custom Music/Sounds.

i will keep you posted but i think someone has already made one for me. but thx anyway.

Great idiea guys, i would really need this because i don't know s**t about scripts and how to use them in my mission.