Sign in to follow this  
StraightJacket

Discerning the difference between bomb exploding and bomb being defused.

Hey i am trying to make a mission where a SWAT team has to defuse bombs. Problem i have is scripts such as !alive or seeing if bomb is around at the end doesnt care if bomb exploded or was defused,. gone is gone. Is there a way I can make triggers that know the difference?

bugger. ty for reply this ended up being alot more complex then i first hoped. Another issue i have is that i have an engineer, to difuse the bomb. but after respawning, that character is no longer a engineer, any way to fix that?

One way to tell is the bomb exploded may be to place something near it that you can use as a "canary" and test with alive, I have vague memories of using a traffic cone in A2.

If the bomb detonates then the canary will be destroyed, if it is defused then the canary will remain alive but the bomb will be gone.

I can't provide any ideas for the engineer problem though.

That's a nice idea, becubed :)

May possibly not work as well in a minefield.

Having said that, I've just realised that I've totally ignored the OP saying bomb and not mine...

What kind of bomb is it?

Well im not sure if bomb / mine actually matters, ive been using the IED or explosive charge and setting it with a trigger for a much larger explosion, as to bring buildings down. That idea of leaving something nearby and destroyable is a good diea, i could even do it with the buildings that would of been destroyed. Only issue then being, how do i tell the mission that all the bombs where disarmed so mission end? Possible to have a trigger that cuases end when they are all !alive but then checks to see how many buildings are left and then give correct ending? a lose for all destroyed a minor win for 2 - 3 still standing and a full victory for them all standing. Is that possible or am i just getting too far ahead of myself now?

One friendly bump to avoid posting a new thread. How do i tell the game that a respawning unit is a medic or an engineer etc

If a unit is an engineer is held in the config.

_value = getNumber (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> your unit >> "engineer");

will return 1 if he's an engineer