Sign in to follow this  
coffeecup

Nostalgia - Infiltration (UT99 mod)

Sorry if this has been discussed here before, but just curious if anybody here used to play the UT99 realism mod Infiltration 15 years ago?

Edited by Coffeecup

Ah yes, I've played it extensively. So much interesting features (or at least brave attempts at implementing them) :yay:

I remember getting UT after duke nukem and being completely blown away from the graphics :D i think i had a pentium 2 4 gig hard drive back then, I do remember the infiltration mod and was always amazed to see it as a stand alone product in the shop.

It was way ahead of its time. It sure steered me towards here...

Same here - what it did 15 years ago steered me towards BF's Project Reality and ARMA now.

I was lucky to have backed up my UT99 CD and my favorite mods back then, so I managed to reinstall Infiltration 2.86 to play offline for nostalgia's sake, and also Tactical Ops 2.2 and 3.4.

Good old times :)

Same here - what it did 15 years ago steered me towards BF's Project Reality and ARMA now.

I was lucky to have backed up my UT99 CD and my favorite mods back then, so I managed to reinstall Infiltration 2.86 to play offline for nostalgia's sake, and also Tactical Ops 2.2 and 3.4.

Good old times :)

Hahaha I remember Tac Ops but I liked INF better.

Ah INF, a most amazing game (as it was way beyond a mod) it was.

I remember the "as real as it gets" , so many features, one of the few games i was playing online too from time to time, despite being mostly an offline guy, i used to go with FieldMedic as my nickname.

The amount of work the devs had done on it was incredible, when you compared the original game it was built on, they changed absolutely everything, the physics, the visuals and even some effects, it was really a completely different game.

I hope those guys managed to get the good job in the industry they deserved, they were genius way ahead of their time in what is called "realism" games.

No but I played

and
. These two games were kinda doing what OFP later redefined, that is a massive open world battlefield simulation. Also originating in that era was
and it's
, both great games that combined FPS gameplay with RTS elements in a futuristic/sci-fi environment. I mostly played these games at a friend since my PC was a bit dated and could only run first generation 3D games like Doom, Duke Nukem, Descent, NFS and so on (I was more of a console player back then). I have heard about Infiltration for UT though, was one of the more popular realism-oriented mods alongside Action Quake (more arcadey in comparison) and True Combat which went on to become a stand alone release for RTCW:ET and was also quite enjoyable.