Sign in to follow this  
Tonto-

Can you import objects from .wrp to Terrain Builder?

Hello again.

Is it possible to import objects from .wrp file to Terrain Builder? I had about 30 layers of objects, about 400k in all, placed to my map when I started having problems with TB and basicly had to start with new project. Importing every layer again and making sure everything is where it should be would take too long and now I'm looking the way to cut some corners. :) So I need my already binarised objects to TB to be able to continue the work.

I know Mikeros dewrp can list objects but i don't know how to print them to the format that TB can understand. Can I just import .wrp to TB?

EDIT: SOLVED.

Edited by Tonto-

i don't get it, why do you want your "already binarised objects " ?

it doesn't work, when you try import your p:/yourproject/yourproject.wrp ? it should import all your object into the default layer.

EDIT, ok my mistake : you don't have anymore a valid version of your p:/yourproject/yourproject.wrp, right ?

Edited by Xnam

No. I have valid .wrp and object layers too.

Im just trying to import all the objects from .wrp to the terrain and don't know how. How can i import .wrp to TB?

i'm not infront my computer : just go file, import menu, or load map, one of the choice allow you to import .wrp !

lol how did I miss that. :D

Well - importing .wrp gives me error.

quUp2Q4.jpg

Edited by Tonto-

Wrong file i think.... Are you sure that it's your project.wrp, exported from Terrain builder, into your P:\project\projecty.wrp ?

you have not to load the .wrp from your Mod.

That one is from extacted .pbo, yes. It gives me same error even if it is in my project folder. So you're saying I can't import once binarised .wrp file to TB? :(

use convertWrp from mikero and other tools

to pew and use DePew(Dos) to export object template and objects, etc

Ok. I converted the .wrp to pew and managed to create a object file from it. When importing the Objects file, TB gives me another error.

KwICto8.jpg

I noticed Object file from depew looks different than working files i used earlier:

working file e.g.: http://pastebin.com/3743Xsej

new file e.g.: http://pastebin.com/nv8vx6xZ

Is the problem with new file or am i doing something wrong?

Yeas! I got the object layer from .wrp just like i needed. Thank you for your help, you helped me to save one year of work.

Here's what i did:

1. I extracted .pbo and copy pasted the .wrp I needed.

2. I converted the .wrp to the .pew format with help of this post: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?165615-WRP-to-PEW&p=2537424&viewfull=1#post2537424

3. Imported the .pew to TB via files>import>maps

4. Once imported, I right clicked the objects layer and exported object file via TB.

Thanks again.

Edited by Tonto-