Sign in to follow this  
chrisb

Rogue System

Its available in very early access. I have been watching this a while, its certainly a hard-core type space sim. Hope he does well with it. Made by one man, labour of love.

Didn't find any threads about it, if there is, please merge, thanks.

This is amazing. I wouldn't want to pilot a ship for space battle, though - I can already feel the nervous breakdown.

i dont understand why clicking 200 buttons just for starting is still a thing in a spacecraft... you know, how about a batch script that does it? It's always the same

I personally wouldn´t want a batch script to start a nuclear reactor :rolleyes:

The push button thingy is a way to get immersed into the game, and to understand the mechanics of the ship. But it doesn't make the game, i'm curious to know what the game will be about precisely.

Gotta say, the idea that you don´t have a glass canopy, but screens all around you is genius.

I personally wouldn´t want a batch script to start a nuclear reactor :rolleyes:

the algorithm is more failsafe then a human. Guess why industrial complexes/processes (chemical plants, power plants, etc) and other complex technical systems (airliners)are all automated and only have human personell overseeing them, just in case? Industrial error handling is also automated because a human can't be expected to react correct and quickly in a short time under high stress.

Guess what happens when you are in battle and suddenly some system requires attention? Yeah, that's correct, you can't fly, fight and take care of the problem at the same time. Chances are you don't even know what to do.

Manuall everything (no automation) just isn't logical for a spaceship. Ergo, by doing that it's just as unlogical as less complicated scifi games, but for different reasons...

Edited by X3KJ

the algorithm is more failsafe then a human. Guess why industrial complexes/processes (chemical plants, power plants, etc) and other complex technical systems (airliners)are all automated and only have human personell overseeing them, just in case? Industrial error handling is also automated because a human can't be expected to react correct and quickly in a short time under high stress.

Guess what happens when you are in battle and suddenly some system requires attention? Yeah, that's correct, you can't fly, fight and take care of the problem at the same time. Chances are you don't even know what to do.

Manuall everything (no automation) just isn't logical for a spaceship. Ergo, by doing that it's just as unlogical as less complicated scifi games, but for different reasons...

Yeah I know what you are saying, space "sims" should really offer a greater deal of automation, or at least the option to automate certain things.