Sign in to follow this  
Aebian

Howto bring a 3D model into the game?

Hi guys,

I'm trying to make a Stryker (http://img.deadalushd.com/screencapture-deadalushd-3dsmax-045506072015.png) for ArmA 3.

I'm familiar with scripting but my friend which has better knowledge will do it.

But I cant figure out how to correctly implement the 3D Model into the Game via Oxygen.

Is there a good Tutorial on how to do this, an advice or something similar?

Cheers,

Alex

Is there any particular reason that you don't want to simply use the Stryker variants from Operation Arrowhead? Their models are publicly available (look here for textures and sounds).

@Chortles:

Yes I want the Stryler CV Variant i've got in 3Ds Max atm and also wanna animate the backdoors and such ^^

Config stuff is not the problem but the model to p3d is :D

Edited by Alexander Knight

@chortles - the A2 model is not really accurate.

@alexander - have a look at the A2 model chortles linked to see how that was setup. As for moving the model from max to o2, just export it as .obj and .fbx file format. O2 uses meters as work units, so if you have it set your max in metrics, is it just a matter of properly setting the scale on import. You can also use .3ds file format, but for whatever reason, i try to keep away from really old and legacy formats. And yes, Y is up in O2, instead of Z as it is in max.

Ah great, thanks @PuFu I will take a look if I'm back from work.

bringing the 3d model over to Objectbuilder is easy. Making it gameready requires alot more then that however... you need to create all the required LOD's and that will take some actual modelling, instead of just downloading it from somewhere...

I was just asking how to get it into the object builder. LOD Making is not a big deal. Thanks anyway.