Sign in to follow this  
Tyl3r99

new expansion comparison to ARROWHEAD

As i remember Jay Crowe said in one video or blog post(i'm not sure where) that the Arma 3 Expansion will be a real expansion and not like the OA was for Arma 2. I don't know what he mean under real, but i expect more than a single island and 2 vehicles.

He probably just meant that it would require Arma 3, whereas OA was standalone.

Remember that Arma Queen's Gambit expansion had TWO campaigns and two new islands (Rahmadi and Porto). :)

Play them now in Arma II: Arma Rearmed 2. :681:

Rahmadi was always in A1. It was a part of the Sahrani map and there was a standalone version of it so the game loads up faster. QG added United Sahrani which was basically Sahrani with some objects changed and as you mentioned, Porto, which was really small.

If there's an expansion that the A3 one shouldn't be like, it's QG. :D Something like Resistance or OA is fine.

I hope it comes with a new wishlist thread. :)

Rahmadi was always in A1. It was a part of the Sahrani map and there was a standalone version of it so the game loads up faster. QG added United Sahrani which was basically Sahrani with some objects changed and as you mentioned, Porto, which was really small.

Oh, I see. I never played A1, just the A2 port of it. I thought that Rahmadi island was new in QG since the QG Rahmadi Conflict campaign takes place on it and Porto, and A1 Sahrani Conflict campaign takes place only on Sahrani. Rahmadi Conflict is a great little campaign, very well designed!

fcb597414294611.jpg

I would be ecstatic if A3 expansion had two campaigns, even short ones like Rahmadi Conflict. But I'll bet we'll be lucky if there's even a campaign at all, as it has appeared for years now that BI is moving away from SP. A massive, crying shame IMO.

And for gods sake, I hope they finally add some snakes and rabbits.