Sign in to follow this  
dirtybeatfreak

Please could I have some advice regarding using mods? :)

Hey all,

Have done some research and found 6 or 7 mods which I like the look of and would like to use. While I have read through the mod descriptions etc I am still unsure whether the mods will work together properly and how they affect any maps I may download. Please could someone advise on this or teach me what I need to learn to do this for myself!

The mods I have installed are as follows:

CBA - latest version

Ace 3 ( I know this will not work with campaign)

bcombat - v0.18.2.1

Blastcore A3 - v0.31

JSRS3: DragonFyre LITE - v1.0.0.1

TMR Modular Realism - v5.0.3

TPW MODS: - v2015.4.13

What I would like to know is, do these all work together ok? Everything 'seems' ok but I don't want to get stuck into a nice mission for something to break lol.

Also, can I just play any missions with these or are there specific missions made for these mods?? I am aware that some of these would not work in MP so would need to disable them should I want to play online??

Many thanks in advance for any help. While installing the mods etc is pretty simple..knowing if they are all working nicely and when I shouldn't use them is very complicated. :)

EDIT: removed enhanced movement mod as it has some issues

Edited by dirtybeatfreak

Well, while I don't see any real issues, you may want to look at TMR and ACE3 and choose which one you want (ACE3 being my preference, but I don't know if TMR offers something that ACE3 doesn't). Other than that, there shouldn't be any issues. Mostly it would just be some overlapping functionality between TMR and ACE3. If you're running TPW, you can literally spawn yourself in an empty world and enemies and friendlies and civis will all spawn around you.

ACE3 brings in a variety of custom equipment that may not be available by default in a mission that hasn't catered for it. If it's anything like AGM, vanilla first aid kits get converted to bandages and morphine when you grab them but any other items will probably need placing via a crate unless a VA or VAS is available in the mission etc.

Also, you may find the medical system a little punishing of you're playing alone, especially if new to the game.

Have fun :)

PS: re multiplayer: yeah many servers restrict the addons allowed and these are shown bottom right hand side of the server browser. Client side addons like blastcore and dragonfyre will not always show there even though they are widely permitted.

Hey, thank-you for your replies guys, I completely forgot I posted this thread! Everything does seem to be working ok. Have added a couple more into the mix (Alive, RHS US AND RUSSIA) to make it even more complicated heh.

The medical system is actually not too bad, can't find out how to change it to the basic version anyway (I am guessing it's done by a module in the editor??)

Edited by dirtybeatfreak

can't find out how to change it to the basic version anyway (I am guessing it's done by a module in the editor??)

No in the editor would be for a mission, your will need to locate the ace_medical.pbo in the @ACE/addons folder and remove it to return

to the default Arma3 game "medical system" which is really just a bandaid as you stick yourself with a suringe and even though you been shot or blown up

your completely healed, amazing!, lol but thats what you need to do if your using ACE3.

To round out the visuals I would like to recommend...

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19524

...I'm not sure but I think bcombat will/does not work in MP either very well or not at all. It does great in SP so I stand by it but if you want to experiment for best results I would also suggest...

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24080

Lastly, be careful how heavy you set TPW because to much can tax your fps drastically. But TPW is a must regardless! TWP also has a AI suppression mod

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19467

All of these need to be studied carefully so that they don't conflict with each other. I have fiddled for hours trying to find the perfect balance so keep posting if you have issues.

Edited by Pvt. Partz