Sign in to follow this  
MrHuachuca

NoMineMarker Script

Hello guys, MrHuachuca here with another small script. As you may know a few hours ago I released a script called Mobile HQ Script which allowed the use of Mobile HQ's in the battlefield. Before I go to bed, I thought I would whip up a small script to help out more of the MILSIM community of Arma 3. This script (NoMineMarker Script or The NMM Script), allows you to disable mine markers that appear on your screen and on your map. Very annoying and I take it a lot as a little cheat. This script works very simple and gets all the markers on the map, finds all the ones within an certain radius of a player seeing and those mines that have a prefix of bis_fnc_minedrawf, and intializes an delete to that marker before an player can see it happen. Note, there is some moving parts to this but you make think, LAG, FPS?

This script will not affect any FPS or LAG, I tested after 1 hour of FPS monitoring and LAG Monitoring.

================================================== ================================================== ========

To intiate the script inside your mission, place the noMineMarker.sqf file inside your mission root folder.

In the init file, copy and paste or type out:

=============================================

nul = [] execVM "noMineMarker.sqf";

=====================================

Note: Before anyone says, Yes I know simpily turn on Veteran Mode and you won't see the mine markers. My only concern about that however is those who want to disable mine markers but at the same time go all out with veteran mode.

Now you may be asking, How is this different from other No Mine Marker scripts out there? Well, this script firstly shows the IED and doesent disable it and only deletes the marker. This IED as well still allows you to call out Mine Markers for A.I. For instance if you are within 5 meters - 10 meters of an IED and you are looking straight at it, your Rifleman will radio in there's a IED Detected and all soldiers in your squad will change to Aware and they will go around the IED or pull security. With regular No Mine Marker scripts it will not spot the IED even within 1 meter, and the Soldiers/AI will not know what to do.

README.TXT Preview

Thank you for reading the Readme.txt! Welcome to my 2nd script, which allows you to disable seeing mine markers. This is very useful for military simulation units

and regiments that don't want to have the mine markers pop up on maps for other players to use those markers as an advantage without setting the gamemode to Veterean.

================================================== ================================================== ========

To intiate the script inside your mission, place the noMineMarker.sqf file inside your mission root folder.

In the init file, copy and paste or type out:

=============================================

nul = [] execVM "noMineMarker.sqf";

=====================================

This script works very simple and gets all the markers on the map, finds all the ones within an certain radius of a player seeing and those mines that have a prefix of

bis_fnc_minedrawf, and intializes an delete to that marker before an player can see it happen. Note, there is some moving parts to this but you make think, LAG, FPS?

This script will not affect any FPS or LAG, I tested after 3 hours of FPS monitoring and LAG Monitoring.

User Agreement

By downloading this folder. You agree to not sell, or merge/copy and release this script. This is property of MrHuachuca, G. Tristen. Please as well

credit MrHuachuca for any script use in a server or gamemode. Thank you for reading. Have a nice day.

Known Bugs

No bugs yet! Start reporting!

Sample Mission can be simpily placed in your MPMISSIONS or MISSIONS folder. The sample mission in inside the download folder and is named: MineMarker%20Sample%20Mission.Stratis.

Don't forget to go check out the Mods Complete section tomorrow. I am releasing an Objects mod for realism units tomorrow night. Without total spoilers the mod will include special structures including Arma 2 Structures imported as well as special and custom structures. No.... plants, rocks, and the actual Arma 2 Maps arent included. This mod is being released to help those who like to do template building yet don't like to download a large folder to get some GB's of supplies.

Edited by R0adki11
links Removed

Are you kidding me? This is an Exact Rip Off of my no mine markers script. Every single detail is the same right down to the flupping commented out testing hint. The name of the file is even exactly the same, minus the AUSMD_ Tag of course. You can't just go around jacking other peoples scripts and re releasing it as your own.

How lazy can you seriously get, you have no absolutely NO WORK on this script, in fact the only thing you have written in relation to the script at all is the description.

I also find it quite ironic that you violated your own user agreement.

Heres an exact apples to apples comparison of my AUSMD_nominemarker script to his script:

AUSMD_noMineMarker.sqf

while{true} do
{
{
	_prefix = [_x,0,16] call BIS_fnc_trimString;
	if(_prefix == "bis_fnc_drawminef") then
	{
		deleteMarker _x;
	};
	//hint format ["marker prefix:%1",_prefix];
} foreach allMapMarkers;
sleep 1;
};

noMineMarker.sqf

while{true} do
{
{
	_prefix = [_x,0,16] call BIS_fnc_trimString;
	if(_prefix == "bis_fnc_drawminef") then
	{
		deleteMarker _x;
	};
	//hint format ["marker prefix:%1",_prefix];
} foreach allMapMarkers;
sleep 1;
};

Exactly the same, except for the slight naming difference, everything else is identical.

EDIT:

After reading the whole post you have even lied in the description for christ sakes.

if you are within 5 meters - 10 meters of an IED and you are looking straight at it, your Rifleman will radio in there's a IED Detected and all soldiers in your squad will change to Aware and they will go around the IED or pull security. With regular No Mine Marker scripts it will not spot the IED even within 1 meter, and the Soldiers/AI will not know what to do.

Where is the code for that stuff? It doesn't do any of that at all -- Don't BS yourself and others.

Edited by austin_medic

Are you kidding me? This is an Exact Rip Off of my no mine markers script. Every single detail is the same right down to the flupping commented out testing hint. The name of the file is even exactly the same, minus the AUSMD_ Tag of course. You can't just go around jacking other peoples scripts and re releasing it as your own.

Again ? Reallly ?

That's like the 4th release this kid made that is an exact rip off of someone else work :clap: .

How lazy can you seriously get, you have no absolutely NO WORK on this script, in fact the only thing you have written in relation to the script at all is the description.

come on now give some of the newer scripters a chance :)

just kidding, i find this amusing and of course OP not cool.

Closing due to -

§19) Posting addon/mod other content without permission

For many years this community has been known as the premium addon/mod creating community, people work tirelessly and in great detail to create fantastic addons/mods/missions/campaigns to release for free so that everyone benefits, including Bohemia Interactive. There are a few simple rules in place to provide the respect to these creative people/groups that they deserve:

The first and most fundamental rule is that you must seek permission to alter someone's work, to mirror it or use it in any way other than for personal use. No permission, no editing, no mirroring, no adding to your mod pack, no editing and sharing around your private squad, none of that is acceptable.

Obviously we cannot unfortunately control what people do outside of these forums, however on these forums you must follow this rule, if a person/team post a thread to share an addon/mod using content from someone else without permission and we receive a complaint then the mod thread will be closed until the issue is resolved and the forum member(s) risks being permanently banned from these forums for taking someone's work without permission.

This isn't just limited to re-using content in addons/mods/missions however, it's not acceptable to edit someone's work without permission and then to post screenshots of it on the forums (even if the edited addon/mod is purely for personal use), it's also not acceptable to edit someone's work, or use someone's work in any way that you don't have permission for and then to create videos which you post on these forums, doing any of the above without the permission of the original creators risks a permanent ban, for individuals, for whole mod teams or squads.

As MrHuachuca as broken the forum rules again and ignored previous warnings/infractions about using other peoples work. He now finds himself without access to these forums.

Edited by R0adki11