Sign in to follow this  
doomnet

Spawn killing zones triggers !

HI everybody !

i have a question in my mission i got deadzones or spawnkilling zones it works fine.

the two teams have sector control and when a team takes the sector control they get a new respawn outside the deadzone or spawnkilling zone. they come back with a helicopter or a jet but get killed above the deadzones.

So my question is how to not fire a trigger when flying with helipcoter or jets above the deadzones. if you prefer the deadzones has to work only for walking infantry, and not for air vehicles with their passengers.

is it possible?

just include a condition..

{if !((vehicle _x) iskindof 'AIR') then {(vehicle _x) setdamage 1}} foreach thislist

:)

just include a condition..

{if !((vehicle _x) iskindof 'AIR') then {(vehicle _x) setdamage 1}} foreach thislist

:)

i get an error when validating the code!

i have this in trigger :

activation:Blufor

condition: your code {if !((vehicle _x) iskindof 'AIR') then {(vehicle _x) setdamage 1}} foreach thislist

on act: {_x Setdammage 1} Foreach thislist;

get an error when i push ok: type nothing waited booléan (from french translated)

Condition:

{!((vehicle _x) iskindof 'AIR')} count thisList > 0

OnAct:

(thisList select 0) setDamage 1;

Condition:

{!((vehicle _x) iskindof 'AIR')} count thisList > 0

OnAct:

(thisList select 0) setDamage 1;

ok thanks so the trigger will fire for infantry but not for air vehicles ?

i get an error when validating the code!

i have this in trigger :

activation:Blufor

condition: your code {if !((vehicle _x) iskindof 'AIR') then {(vehicle _x) setdamage 1}} foreach thislist

on act: {_x Setdammage 1} Foreach thislist;

get an error when i push ok: type nothing waited booléan (from french translated)

sorry i should have been more clear.

you can put additional conditions in the onAct of a trigger. my code was supposed to go in the OnAct

use JShock's code, only thing is that it won't fire at all when there's an aircraft present.

Disabling trigger when a helicopter is above it is bad idea and you are asking for this to be exploited. If someone hovers over the area or lands a helicopter in the area, then the trigger will never fire even for units on foot. You need to modify not the trigger condition but the killing script, to select who to kill and who to not to kill.

Disabling trigger when a helicopter is above it is bad idea and you are asking for this to be exploited. If someone hovers over the area or lands a helicopter in the area, then the trigger will never fire even for units on foot. You need to modify not the trigger condition but the killing script, to select who to kill and who to not to kill.

yes that's a good point, my deadzone is only 5 x 350 meters large so its a line, you could land ok i agree into those 5 meters but shuuuuuttttttttt !!!!! don't tell nobody!;)

thanks for the advice