anthariel

[Terrain] Kandahâr Province - Alpha Release

@Nikiforos, @ICE_AGE0815, Thanks a lot! :D

@Serjames, Why?

Morning everyone!

Here some new screenshots of a little river and the new forest (placeholder removed). Feel free to give your feelings!

http://imgur.com/a/6R5h7#0TR

I've already fixed a lot of stuff for the next update (RPT Errors, Flyings objects, AI Pathfinding errors, Optimization, AIA/A3MP Compatibility...), I'll also try to import the ArmA2: OA Civilians for the next update.

Edited by Anthariel

Can't wait to next update , although not a big fun of Afghanistan maps this map is actually changing my opinion :)

I've got Jbad installed and when I'm loading up the map I'm just getting a flat terrain. Any clue what I have to do? Jbad and the terrain is activated in the Arma 3 launcher.

@ICE_AGE0815 : Not for the moment, but thanks!

@amadeus_ray : As I said on the first page, some area are not available, check your map without satellite picture to see the available area.

Very nice map I really enjoy it but it feels that it might need some optimization for better FPS at least when AI tries to find around .

Edited by Nikiforos

Regarding the mentioning of AiA and A3MP earlier in the thread: Please don't. As well AiA as A3MP are discontinued and none of them include JBAD Buildings, which are much better then what's included in AiA and A3MP.

If you want to make the map more lightweight by reducing content that's already included in AiA or A3MP, I would focus on CUP Terrains, which will continue the work of A3MP and AiA TP (and by the looks of it, does a very good job at that and will be much better then A3MP or AiA TP, with completely overworked vegetation, full modularity etc.) and include JBAD Buildings, too.

More than one month ago since latest update. I fear the worst , maybe this mod is dead.

Excellent looking map, please consider doing the Masum Ghar, Panjway, Mushan area where the Argandhab and DoAb river intersect. This was a very important region for US and Canadian soldiers and the site of the famous OP MEDUSA which was the biggest NATO joint offensive of all time at the time.

Thanks!

@Nikiforos, @ICE_AGE0815, Thanks a lot! :D

@Serjames, Why?

Ahh I mean Jbad not bad... sorry

Loving the work so far - hope this is still a 'Thing'

ah damn, I was hoping it was indexed but not added to the list on the wiki yet :P

Amazing map , very atmospheric.. I actually had the map downloaded long time ago but almost forgot about it. 

Sad that it was never finished because it really gives you a really good feeling fighting over there. 

Good work!

• Like 1

Is this project dead now?

Shame if it is as I really like the completed parts. Only criticism would be the hillside at the edge of the map that stretches off to infinity and ruins the view from the completed part. if this was leveled out at the edge of the map even in its current state it would be perfectly usable.

If this project continues i can see this map being a favorite for afghanistan missions

Any chance of updating this excellent map for 1.60 new visuals?