Sign in to follow this  
InqWiper

Using the target command in mp

I really dont like how people use the target command to spot enemies. People shoot across the whole map through fog and bushes just because I fired a bullet. Its about as lame as turning cloudlets off.

The reason Im asking is because I playd today with people who seemed to use this function and I asked them if they used it. Then the people on my team that I play with several times a week told me to drop it, then I told them why I thouhgt it was lame and they all turned against me and started shouting at me.

They just wanted me to accept that its there and just shut up about it, the thing is that I wount accept it. If I accept the target command and turning cloudlets off should I also accept the ammo cheat and the laggcheat?

Am I a complete idiot or is there anyone out there that feels like I do about this? confused.gif

Please give me your oppinion.

:Edit

Sorry I wa gonna post this in general but forgot to move.

Im sure a mod will be so kind and help me with this wink.gif

Yes I don't like it but it is there, nothing we can do about it (unless BIS include the option to disable it in MP)

RED

there is a possibillity to get rid of that "cheat". I really do think it is some kind of cheating cause there is no skill needed to fire at a yellow square. Also the enemies dont necessariliy have to be sighted. Sometimes they appear on the target list without being spotted. This is lame. We played against clans at TCZ that only use this OFP malfunction to gain wins. It is so disgusting, cause people need no skill to win a match then. I already mentioned this malfunction in several topics on MP cheats and others.

Only thing that needs to be done is to take away the possibillity to use radio for all on the map with a trigger initiated at startup of misson.

The useage of this function made us more or less halt any match activities for the CiA clan at TCZ. There is no sense in searching for good covering places or using tactics if the enemy team uses the target function to uncover every opponent on the map. The clans we faced that used the malfunction often called us losers or beginners or whiners when we told them that we think it is no sportsmanship or fairness to use this function. We are not using that function cause we play fair. I really hate this thing and I hope all ladders will modify their maps to get rid of that cheaters.

So I guess its not just me then smile.gif

Isnt there any way for the server to change the difficulty settings to prevent the box from appearing or make it appear only for 5 seconds or something?

Not that I know of, but it would be a nice addition to the game.

RED

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sorry I wa gonna post this in general but forgot to move.

Im sure a mod will be so kind and help me with this <span id='postcolor'>

No. you made mistake, permanent ban tounge.gif

just kidding..i'm moving it. smile.gif

in vet mode the yellow square will dissapear after a while, but 5 or 10 secs are still 5 or 10 secs to much.

The lkadders need to take care of that issue by changing the maps with a trigger "enable radio = false " for all units on map.

I alrady did months ago, but they dont respond. I also offered my help but no reply till now.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No. you made mistake, permanent ban  

just kidding..i'm moving it.  

<span id='postcolor'>

biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Simple: play with friends. <span id='postcolor'>

Cant play 1vs1 all the time  tounge.gif

Either I have to get more friends in OFP or I will have to play against my friends instead of with them.

Hopefully the team I play agaisnt is good enough not to use the target box or they are so lame that it doesnt make any difference  tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">in vet mode the yellow square will dissapear after a while, but 5 or 10 secs are still 5 or 10 secs to much.

The lkadders need to take care of that issue by changing the maps with a trigger "enable radio = false " for all units on map.

<span id='postcolor'>

You´re right.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">talk to TCZ about that. Their biggest weakness is that their maps need serious work.

<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I alrady did months ago, but they dont respond. I also offered my help but no reply till now. <span id='postcolor'>

It seems theire biggest weekness is not theire maps, but Im not gonna say what Im thinking  tounge.gif

OMG!! That's why I'm spotted and killed evry time!!! (hum...Not sure, but could be tounge.gif )

Did anyone try to "this disableAI "AUTOTARGET" " on the init line of players? This can sound rather stupid for players, but it is related to the AI ability to detect units, and I think the same engine is used to update the player target list. We should give it a try....

Whis'