firewill

Firewill Standalone Series Release Thread

Hello I saw something while putting down some F-15As. The have a bohemia logo with a red punch in it on the nose no matter which one I put down. It may be a bug I don't have any other mod loaded
In the following image I put down the F-15A Eagle (FIR_F15A) and the F-15A Eagle (BT,Tiger Meet)  (FIR_F15A_BT_Tigermeet)
Image:
https://imgur.com/xy9u83Z
https://imgur.com/a/aXKEc1D
https://imgur.com/eYXWPS7

4 hours ago, Gamenator said:

Hello I saw something while putting down some F-15As. The have a bohemia logo with a red punch in it on the nose no matter which one I put down. It may be a bug I don't have any other mod loaded
In the following image I put down the F-15A Eagle (FIR_F15A) and the F-15A Eagle (BT,Tiger Meet)  (FIR_F15A_BT_Tigermeet)
Image:
https://imgur.com/xy9u83Z
https://imgur.com/a/aXKEc1D
https://imgur.com/eYXWPS7

It is a issue from forgot to add selection names in model.cfg and config.cpp from F-15 legacy eagle. will be fixed.

F-15 updated

1.81b
F-15 Legacy
- Fixed: some decal points code missing in model.cfg and config.cpp.

• Like 1

Hi Firewill! 
Is it possible to add TGP location symbol to the HMD?

When I set a target and slew my TGP to the target, I can't see where it is via my HMD. So if possible to add a diamond or any symbol, it would be great. 

In this image I look where my target is and my TGP is slew to this location, but no symbol, its a little bit difficult to look at the right place

Maybe even make the marker bigger, some kind of diamond. Would be much clearer

Hope you understand me 🙂

wLS2YOE.jpg

Another thing if I may..
I have 4 GBU-54

But when I designate targets, I can see only 2 bombs. Might be a bug or I missed something?

DxT5QAs.png
/
/
WmxlSzL.png

7 hours ago, omri2050 said:

Another thing if I may..
I have 4 GBU-54

But when I designate targets, I can see only 2 bombs. Might be a bug or I missed something?

1) I'll take a look. targeting point is already applied on HUD so probably just make some new one for HMD.

2) That's normal, because can be selected pylon for targeting(because some limitation), not a bomb itself.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, firewill said:

1) I'll take a look. targeting point is already applied on HUD so probably just make some new one for HMD.

2) That's normal, because can be selected pylon for targeting(because some limitation), not a bomb itself.

1. Thanks 🙂  I know that the Super Hornet mod (the standalone by TETET) has it, I hope it's an easy implementation. Should be quality of life feature

2. Make sense indeed. 

Thanks again!

Hello would you mind if I make (through code) two F-35B planes (with your mod as dependency of course). One that would only have the inner pylons and be stealth (practically just remove the external pylons from selections) and one that has all the pylons visible from the get go that will be the non stealth. I will make it through code to animate the pylons that only show up when loaded normally. I want to do this because last time I used the F-35 it had the same radar visibility with or without the external pylons.

Thanks in advance. 

Gamenator 

While I can't speak for Firewill, as long as your mod is config-only and does not do things like rip/edit his models, you should be able to make whatever changes you like.

22 hours ago, Gamenator said:

Hello would you mind if I make (through code) two F-35B planes (with your mod as dependency of course). One that would only have the inner pylons and be stealth (practically just remove the external pylons from selections) and one that has all the pylons visible from the get go that will be the non stealth. I will make it through code to animate the pylons that only show up when loaded normally. I want to do this because last time I used the F-35 it had the same radar visibility with or without the external pylons.

Thanks in advance. 

Gamenator 

Well, you can make own custom config and mod, of course keep the dependencies.

• Like 1

Is there anything that can be done about custom .rvmats in hiddenSelectionsMaterials[] not working with FIR aircraft?  I've been testing with the F-15A/B/C/D.  I've tried implementing an edit of mine to apply the following lines:

ambient[]={0.75,0.75,0.75,1};
diffuse[]={0.65,0.65,0.65,1};
forcedDiffuse[]={0,0,0,0};
emmisive[]={0,0,0,1};
specular[]={0.55,0.55,0.55,1};
specularPower=80;
PixelShaderID="Super";
VertexShaderID="Super";

However, this produces a bug with the shadows becoming extremely bugged, but only if one aircraft is within view.  This is a puzzling issue, and I've checked my .rvmats against ones that I know to work (which I made for a different model with the same changes as above).  I did notice that if a second vehicle of the same class is in view, the shadows are fixed, but this is obviously not an effective solution.

A user in a modding community suggested that this is an error with the shadow LOD in the model itself since he has tried to use custom .rvmat files and ended up with the same issue.  Aside from the shadow issue, the lines I've put into my custom .rvmat are working as intended, which makes me frustrated since this adjustment is something I've wanted to do for a long time.  Any input or advice on this issue would be appreciated.

Merry Christmas, Everyone.

today first version of Hercules Upgrade Project, or C-130 series has been released and also FIR AWS updated.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Due to really busy in real life in this year, sadly many things didn't comes out but I did my best I can.

for the detail information, please check first page or steam workshop.

FIR AWS

v3.599
Air Weapon System
- some scripts added for VhC feature

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You're awesome!
Not many people, if any, has the same dedication you have

Cheers!

• Thanks 1

Hello!

incredible work on the C-130...

i'm retexturing a modern C-130E and for some reason MAWS isn't showing up with my texture...

I think my config and textures are ok...

My config is below.

thanks for the help...

Sorry for my bad English
7Dd3t4g.jpg

my config

class BRskins_C130M_Hercules_gordo: FIR_C130E_Base
	{
		author="BR - Skins";
		scope=2;
		scopeCurator=2;
		scopeArsenal=2;
		displayName="C-130M Hercules (1°/1°GT - Esquadrão Gordo)";
		editorPreview="";
		editorSubcategory="EdSubcat_Planes";
		picture="\FIR_C130\pic\picture_c130j_ca.paa";
		icon="\FIR_C130\pic\icon_c130j_ca.paa";
		side=1;
		faction="brskins_airforce";
		forceInGarage=1;
		crew="B_Helipilot_F";
		hiddenSelectionsTextures[]=
		{
			"\BR_Skins_c130m_hercules\data\v_c130m_hercules\gordo\brskins_c130m_body_gordo_01.paa",
			"\BR_Skins_c130m_hercules\data\v_c130m_hercules\gordo\brskins_c130m_body_gordo_02.paa",
			"\BR_Skins_c130m_hercules\data\v_c130m_hercules\gordo\brskins_c130m_wings_gordo_01.paa",
			"\BR_Skins_c130m_hercules\data\v_c130m_hercules\gordo\brskins_c130m_wings_gordo_02.paa",
			"\BR_Skins_c130m_hercules\data\v_c130m_hercules\gordo\brskins_c130m_fueltanks_gordo_01.paa"
		};
		class TextureSources
		{
			class Brazilian_airforce_2
			{
				displayName="Brasil | Força Aérea Brasileira | 1°/1°GT - Esquadrão Gordo";
				author="BR - Skins";
				textures[]=
				{
					"\BR_Skins_c130m_hercules\data\v_c130m_hercules\gordo\brskins_c130m_body_gordo_01.paa",
					"\BR_Skins_c130m_hercules\data\v_c130m_hercules\gordo\brskins_c130m_body_gordo_02.paa",
					"\BR_Skins_c130m_hercules\data\v_c130m_hercules\gordo\brskins_c130m_wings_gordo_01.paa",
					"\BR_Skins_c130m_hercules\data\v_c130m_hercules\gordo\brskins_c130m_wings_gordo_02.paa",
					"\BR_Skins_c130m_hercules\data\v_c130m_hercules\gordo\brskins_c130m_fueltanks_gordo_01.paa"
				};
				factions[]=
				{
					"brskins_airforce"
				};
			};
		};
		textureList[]=
		{
			"brskins_airforce",
		};
	};

Need to add FIR_VhC_Variant in your texture class in TextureSources

for example

9 hours ago, PauloVictor said:

class BRskins_C130M_Hercules_gordo: FIR_C130E_Base
	{
		author="BR - Skins";
		scope=2;
		scopeCurator=2;
		scopeArsenal=2;
		displayName="C-130M Hercules (1°/1°GT - Esquadrão Gordo)";
		editorPreview="";
		editorSubcategory="EdSubcat_Planes";
		picture="\FIR_C130\pic\picture_c130j_ca.paa";
		icon="\FIR_C130\pic\icon_c130j_ca.paa";
		side=1;
		faction="brskins_airforce";
		forceInGarage=1;
		crew="B_Helipilot_F";
		hiddenSelectionsTextures[]=
		{
		};
		class TextureSources
		{
			class Brazilian_airforce_2
			{
            	FIR_VhC_Variant = "C130E_90s";
				displayName="Brasil | Força Aérea Brasileira | 1°/1°GT - Esquadrão Gordo";
				author="BR - Skins";
				textures[]=
				{
				};
				factions[]=
				{
					"brskins_airforce"
				};
			};
		};
		textureList[]=
		{
			"brskins_airforce",
		};
	};

You can see FIR_VhC_Variant = "C130E_90s"; in the Brazilian_airforce_2 class. standard C-130E got "C130E_Early" and It makes hide MAWS on the front.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Gamenator said:

So what does the "FIR_VhC_Variant" function do to the textures or planes?

FIR_VhC_Variant is a new function of customization focused on A3 VhC support, and also replaces previous custom skin codes in the future.

work example : 

Hello firewill, the c 130 has turned out very well. I found a small error: the HUT display cannot be folded up? And are there plans to add an air refueling trunk to it if you want? and further skins are planned such as German Luftwaffen skin or Austrian skin?

mp21-0032-german-c-130j-5930-paint-rollo

12 hours ago, GamerOnkel said:

Hello firewill, the c 130 has turned out very well. I found a small error: the HUT display cannot be folded up? And are there plans to add an air refueling trunk to it if you want? and further skins are planned such as German Luftwaffen skin or Austrian skin?

- can't fold at this time.

- refueling probe is will be added in the future

- I'll make more skins in the future, but anyone can make skins anything want with texture templates If can't wait. 

Happy new year, everyone!

• Like 4

Well some old unreleased video from April 2022.

FIR AWS Operation Azure - Arcade Mission 01 playtest, pre-alpha ver.

This video is some kind of proof of concept such as arcade mission from Ace combat 5. In that time(April 2022), I want to make some Ace combat, HAWX and Project Wingman style game mode so I made this.

Due to busy with regular aircraft mods and real life, this work is still concept.

and some shots in June 2022 for UI Work in progress.

Subtitle/Portrait UI 

Aircraft status UI work in progress

• Like 2

Hi Firewill! Hope it's ok that I'm bringing this topic up again, It feels like the only thing that's missing in your great project

8 hours ago, omri2050 said:

Hi Firewill! Hope it's ok that I'm bringing this topic up again, It feels like the only thing that's missing in your great project

that's will be updated in the next.

• Like 1

Hello Firewill I wanted to ask if there is a template for an F-22 Raptor. The link provided in the F-22 post doesn't work. Thanks in advance