Sign in to follow this  
pvt. partz

Windows locks after exiting Arma 3

My issue may be twofold.

Firstly:

When I exit Arma 3 I am able to click only 3 or 4 times (closing open windows on my desktop for example) before my mouse click function no longer works. I am still able to move the mouse but cannot click. To fix it I use ctrl-alt-delete, and then am able to press "cancel" when that windows comes up. From that point on I can utilize the mouse normally.

Secondly, and this is where it may possible that the two issues might be related:

While playing Arma 3, I might set my headset down to leave for 2 minutes or maybe 20 minutes only to find that my mic (Astro A50) has become muted. Also for example, I might restart Arma 3 and find that Teamspeak has timed out and tries to reconnect over and over and over with no success.

I have exhausted the Teamspeak forums with no luck.

I have created a thread on the Steam forums as well hoping that Steam might be at fault, while finding a solution.

I have researched all of the Windows updates, drivers and options such as wake timers, performance options, and so on to no avail.

I have completely reformatted my Windows drive and reinstalled Windows 7, fresh.

Thanks for helping

I also have the windows (no mouse) issue after closing sometimes, and I fix it the same way you do.

My issue may be twofold.

Firstly:

When I exit Arma 3 I am able to click only 3 or 4 times (closing open windows on my desktop for example) before my mouse click function no longer works. I am still able to move the mouse but cannot click. To fix it I use ctrl-alt-delete, and then am able to press "cancel" when that windows comes up. From that point on I can utilize the mouse normally.

Secondly, and this is where it may possible that the two issues might be related:

While playing Arma 3, I might set my headset down to leave for 2 minutes or maybe 20 minutes only to find that my mic (Astro A50) has become muted. Also for example, I might restart Arma 3 and find that Teamspeak has timed out and tries to reconnect over and over and over with no success.

I have exhausted the Teamspeak forums with no luck.

I have created a thread on the Steam forums as well hoping that Steam might be at fault, while finding a solution.

I have researched all of the Windows updates, drivers and options such as wake timers, performance options, and so on to no avail.

I have completely reformatted my Windows drive and reinstalled Windows 7, fresh.

Thanks for helping

Are you running Arma3/Steam as administrator?

Are you running Teamspeak as administrator?

Do you use the driverdisc from the motherboard/Graphics card producer? Perhaps there are softwareconflicts.

What are interface devices do you have connected (beside keyboard and mouse)?

Also check if your networkcard has the allow hardware to been turned off for powersave setting on (turn off). Is the teamspeak server your own or do you rent it?

Edited by ozzbik

I also have the windows (no mouse) issue after closing sometimes, and I fix it the same way you do.

same, but that don't bother me much.

as for mic gets muted, perhaps after idle for ~20 mins., maybe your game gets minimized and screen saver pops up then recording device is reset when returning to windows something like that.

If you have screen saver after some time, and it minimizes game, try to turn of screen saver or better yet increase SS timer to 1h.

Are you running Arma3/Steam as administrator?

Are you running Teamspeak as administrator?

I thought that since I am the only user I would be the administrator? If that is not the case I have "propertied" all the .exe's relevant and set them all to Run As Administrator. Will test.

Do you use the driverdisc from the motherboard/Graphics card producer?

I'm afraid I don't quite know what you mean. Can You clarify?

What are interface devices do you have connected (beside keyboard and mouse)?

I only have a simple external HD which I have had for many years. I also have TrackIR but it is set to start manually so during my testing I prefer to leave it off. Besides, if I use it I only use it while driving or flying.

Also check if your networkcard has the allow hardware to been turned off for powersave setting on (turn off)

I have meticulously reviewed my "power plan" and am quite sure it is properly set to maximize performance.

Is the teamspeak server your own or do you rent it?

Neither, I simply log on to a TS ip which is owned by another user.

maybe your game gets minimized and screen saver pops up then recording device is reset when returning to windows something like that.

If you have screen saver after some time, and it minimizes game, try to turn of screen saver or better yet increase SS timer to 1h.

Absolutely no screensaver/slideshow here.

Something has crossed my mind though and that is, due to the fact that I am fanatical about running my PC as lean and clean as possible, I may have something switched off that prevent proper function of the headset being allowed to run as it should. It may seem far fetched but then again it is a PC:d:

Thanks very much, and keep the suggestions coming.

When using a driverdisc from manufacturer all kinds of bloatware can be installed aswell.

What i meant about the networkcard power setting, it's on of of the tabpages of your networkcards driver properties (allow this device to be turned off).

Is your headset set as shared or exclusive device? Try changing that setting. Also check what bitrate is set as default (lower it if higher than 24bit 48000 hz).

Edited by ozzbik

I'm not sure what to make of this. Does Steam force anything in Windows to sleep?

ScreenHunter_07%20Jun.%2002%2019.25_zpsophkloq4.jpg

...I read this as "when Windows wakes, Steam will continue...."

I have absolutely nothing set in Windows that would make sleep an option.

Solved,...I think

It's been a few weeks and I haven't had Teamspeak/von, mute since I made changes. The problem is I'm not sure which change made the difference. I can only guess that it was in the power options. If anyone else has this issue in the future hopefuly this might help.

ScreenHunter_21%20Aug.%2006%2010.51_zpse

,..Admin's, feel free to close this thread.