Sign in to follow this  
Major Fubar

Mercenary mod

What do people think about this for a mod idea:

A mercenary campaign, where you play a soldier of fortune. You get assigned various missions, like VIP bodyguard, wetworks/stealth missions, general frontline combat...and after each successful mission get paid ($ depends on score).

You then use your money from the previous mission to purchase/upgrade your gear for the next mission, possibly even buying vehicles and hiring extra troops under your command. I'm sure with the new features available in Resistance this shouldn't be to hard to script/program.

So what do people think...and any ideas or input would be welcome.

I ahd an idea a while back for a mission similar to that, although closer to Jagged Alliance where you hire a team... However, I blended those ideas into Seal Command, which plays much like X-Com... but with SEALS and VC.

And yes, it's extremely possible to make such a map. Shouldn't be too hard to do yourself if you roll up your sleeves. With the number of addons out there, you should easily be able to whip up a dynamic mission like that. if you need any help on where to start, I'll help.

Ever played hitman? Something like that, but more dynamic, set on a new WRPed OFP island would be -----ing awesome.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but I *think* the OFP campaigns are dynamic, so you can connect whichever missions you like. If not, though, you just make one really large mission with lots of variables and dynamic creation, and you're good to go. If it's done that way, then you've bypassed the familiar "do one mission, then the next" type of campaign. Though, different locale "zones" would be cool... Player gets set of missions in x lcoation/city, when he ends by doing x, it goes to the next "mission" in the campaign

Okay, okay,  I made it sound easy. Still, one person can do it, or at least make a fun concept version...

sounds cool!

if you ever make this i'll be looking forward to it!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (The_Captain @ Oct. 05 2002,04:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A mercenary campaign, where you play a soldier of fortune. You get assigned various missions, like VIP bodyguard, wetworks/stealth missions, general frontline combat...and after each successful mission get paid ($ depends on score).<span id='postcolor'>

I think you should get paid for each kill, like...umm.... you killed 20 soldiers, and you get $1200 ($600 each)..and so on.....and have like an assasination missions, where you have to kill a rebel officer.....and stuff like that........damn......it'll be fun....hehe..........

I was thinking to make something like that but like Hitman. But I can't make good scripts exept video ones. I can help you because I almost figured out the plot smile.gif

Well, it's just in the early early planning stage yet...if I get any further down the track, I'll let you know...

I was looking in the resistance description.ext file a while back, and you can set where you want different ends to go.

I can't recall the exact code, and I need to download the .NET framework to get OFPManager working... so maybe someone else could get it for Fubar

A complex game like Jagged alliance 2 together with the OFP engine would be a perfect game for me! Not too manny vehicles but all includet models should be verry simulator like... This mercenary stuff has the advantage that you do not have to controll huge armys and you still could handel a complete scenario!

I start a few month ago a campaign like this, it's about a mercenary team who works than observer on Everon. I'm very busy on real Life, so it's advance slowly. Help welcome! smile.gif You can DL Trailer and first mission onour website and this is a quick translation with Altavista Babelfish:

History and definition

SOFIA is a a little special agency of mercenaries. Indeed, it were born under the impulse of the secret service of the largest countries. Following the scandals started by secret operations updated by the press, these countries decided to set up an organization managing of former members of their forces armed to carry out not-official operations and to very high risk.

navyseals.jpg

All these mercenaries are partitioned in cells autonomous or the head of group recruits his own personnel and is alone to answer his head of sector. This same head, returns then account to these superiors. But the entirety of the contacts are done by electronic cryptées and highly protected way via a world medical network. The whole of the operations is supervised by a council joining together the whole of the countries implied in the organization.

Activity.jpg

MISSIONS:

The missions, once decided by the council, are transmitted to a head of sector which will choose the head of group specialized best in the type of operation projected. The head of selected group members of his team, then one return fixed itself in the country of the zone of operation or in a country bordering if necessary. Once the joined together team, a thorough study of the operation is directed by the head of group, complémentée by various documents, to see even recognitions if neccessary.

GirlMap.jpg

Once the established procedure, a list of material is sent to the agency via the head of sector. A response with the co-ordinates of demounting of the material is provided in the hour which follows.

specops.jpg

MERCENARIES:

Chosen by their head of team, they come from all the armies of the world. Often met during training course or of joint operation. Their designation is of course pledged with their knowledge. The fact that each one was connait within a team, brings a cohesion essential to this type of operation at the high risks.

Nagco2.jpg

YOU CAN FIND MISSION AND TRAILER ON [sOFIALAN]