Sign in to follow this  
DarkLight

Holy Sphincterisms!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (habdoel @ Oct. 05 2002,12:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">with a citroën zx<span id='postcolor'>

LOL

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">(englisch is very bad)<span id='postcolor'>

English is my 1st language, and you spell better than me. tounge.gif

if somthing like that happened i'd just stand up and grab hold of everybody and push them to the front of the bus!

and for some strange reason, i always dream of taking a bullet for my girlfriend!

Please refrain from using profanity in titles, it's not necessary smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ruskiesrule @ Oct. 05 2002,15:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">if somthing like that happened i'd just stand up and grab hold of everybody and push them to the front of the bus!

and for some strange reason, i always dream of taking a bullet for my girlfriend!<span id='postcolor'>

never say that , you could really well stay pretrified on your seat with a sudden need to go to the toilets .....

never be so sure of how you would act in this kind of situation if you've never passed through it at least once

OK, I have been reading this and people are continouly making a big deal out of this, and I don't see the situation.

So you got stuck on the train tracks, and nothing happened?

Where's the adrenaline ruch coming from? Sitting on the bus on the train tracks?

That's it? Was there a train headed right at your bus?

I mean if the train was comin right at your bus, and the bus driver dodged it by driving off the tracks at the last second, then I see the urgency.

But you were just on the tracks with the train nowhere in sight.

Could you hear the train coming?

While your situation sounds like it would be scary, or nervous, I don't think it would be a fast paced adrenaline rush, cause nothing was happening except for you stuck on the tracks.

And generally the alarm goes off many minutes before the train actually comes.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IceFire @ Oct. 04 2002,22:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OK, I have been reading this and people are continouly making a big deal out of this, and I don't see the situation.

So you got stuck on the train tracks, and nothing happened?

Where's the adrenaline ruch coming from?  Sitting on the bus on the train tracks?

That's it?     Was there a train headed right at your bus?

I mean if the train was comin right at your bus, and the bus driver dodged it by driving off the tracks at the last second, then I see the urgency.

But you were just on the tracks with the train nowhere in sight.

Could you hear the train coming?

While your situation sounds like it would be scary, or nervous, I don't think it would be a fast paced adrenaline rush, cause nothing was happening except for you stuck on the tracks.

And generally the alarm goes off many minutes before the train actually comes.<span id='postcolor'>

The train was on it's way to the bus, if it would've been standing there for about 15 more seconds i (and a lot of other ppl) would be dead.

The alarm goes off probable about 30 seconds to one minute before the train arrives, sometimes the train comes faster than 30 seconds sometimes it takes longer than a minute.

I can guarantee you that adrenaline sure starts to get pumped into your blood when you're on the rails while everyone is screaming like hell, knowing that every year several people die while crossing these railways, and they didn't get stuck at all, in that case the train just came urlier than they thought...

Just last year a 12 year old girl got killed on a railway very close to the one i was on... If you know all that shit, you sure know that you want to get outta there as fast as you can. Trust me...

If you think "That's it?", i'd really like to see you in my position, i couldn't see the train coming (the bus is always full of ppl, i was sitting so i couldn't look past them.) but the screaming said enough for me!

If you think this situation is nothing but me being stuck on the rails then you're wrong, i think. This stuff is damn scary and it IS something....

Ban me?! What?! Just because you can't take a joke? Batcha I know how this turns out. mad.gif I was banned after just 4 post at the Hometheaterforum because I dared to complain about what they where doing there. Reviewing DVDs and getting 'em for free! They not only banned me but removed my posts. Freedom of speech is important. I was [i think] within my rights to make a little humor. I like this forum and feel quite at home here, but if they want me gone they will certainly do it. I must say again in my defense IT WAS ONLY A JJJJJJOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! mad.gif

Sorry for my momentary flash of anger but wanting to BAN someone over something so "trivial". I almost fell into a whole at least the height of a medium sized office tower! I would have been killed if a guy beside me had not grabbed my arm. I once hit a but riding my bike. It was either that stationary bus or the moving car along side of it. My step mother was killed by her boyfriend one night. My sister and I were supposed to be with her that night. My dad thought the boyfriend was dangerous [because of the boyfriend's past threats/run in with the law etc.] so he kept us home and away from my stepmother for the time being. My step mother was shot in the face at least 2 times. My sister and I would have been shot also! NOW HOWS THAT FOR NEAR DEATH STORIES! mad.gif

Sorry. Thats bus not but and hole not whole. LOL Thats what I get for staying up so late. biggrin.gif

Oh and the Hometheaterfroum thing: I have grudge against them. They are fine people really. I just don't like their policy regarding DVD reviewing. Thats all. smile.gif

Glad u are okay!

Anyway, My last close-encounter with death was probably last Fall. At that time I had had my drivers licence in about 6 months, and was still a bit inexperienced (I still am, but you sure do learn from your mistakes) with driving on wet terrain. It was on the highway, with about 130 km/hour, and the weather had been fine the last months, but apperently the asphalt had been cooled down during the night. This meant that while it was being heated again by the sun, water would come on the surface, and since I still had my summer-wheels on, i started Aquaplanning. And with 130 km/hour it is not fun doing aquaplanning on the highway with traffic... believe me smile.gif

Anyway, when it was at its worst, the car was sliding sideways with about 120 km/hour (i think.... It was darn fast anyway), but I got the thing steared up (or it did it partly itself by accident i guess) and i slided beneath a bridge where the asphalt was dry and the wheels got grip again... Resulting in a flat tire since the car wasnt totally straightened up. Anyway, I was totally calm when it happend, but after the car stopped to a halt and i walked out from it, i could feal my legs getting shaky :/

Anyway, its not fun sliding sideways in a car with more than 100 km/hour, you shouldnt try this. Especially since It was pretty close to a bridge, and if the thing had hit it, or It was still completely sliding sideways when the tires hit the dry asphalt who knows what would have happend.

Another time I was close to death (many years ago), was when I was a kid, and me an a m8 was building this tree-house. We got this fancy idea to use sjipping-line to walk on like the line-dancers in the circus.... So we used it to walk from tree to tree. Then one day we wanted to test how much it could take of weight (it was about 3Ë metres in the air). so we went both outside on it, standing next to each other. The next thing i remember was the fealing of having nothing to stand on (the line broke), so we obviously fell. In the fall a tree-stick grapped my jacket at my neck, so I was hanging there strangled in the line on my jacket.... I couldnt breath, but I managed to break the tree-stick and continue the fall to the ground where I again could breath smile.gif

I remember that I actually didnt think I was in any danger at any time, that i probably also why i could keep calm smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RMATICH @ Oct. 05 2002,10:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ban me?! What?! Just because you can't take a joke? Batcha I know how this turns out.  mad.gif  I was banned after just 4 post at the Hometheaterforum because I dared to complain about what they where doing there. Reviewing DVDs and getting 'em for free! They not only banned me but removed my posts. Freedom of speech is important. I was [i think] within my rights to make a little humor. I like this forum and feel quite at home here, but if they want me gone they will certainly do it. I must say again in my defense IT WAS ONLY A JJJJJJOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!   mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Do you know what the word irony means?  

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">NOW BAN THAT GUY!  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Notice the winking face?  smile.gif

There's no need to be so angry smile.gif

You were joking around, and i was joking around too....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Oct. 05 2002,19:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ruskiesrule @ Oct. 05 2002,15:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">if somthing like that happened i'd just stand up and grab hold of everybody and push them to the front of the bus!

and for some strange reason, i always dream of taking a bullet for my girlfriend!<span id='postcolor'>

never say that , you could really well stay pretrified on your seat with a sudden need to go to the toilets .....

never be so sure of how you would act in this kind of situation if you've never passed through it at least once<span id='postcolor'>

no, you don't understand. I'm like a gaurdian angle to the people who i hang around with, if i'm ever on the bus, its at the back with them! I've saved them from falling book cases and caught them when they've tripped!

I also have mad senses, i've had people try to hit me from behind and have ducked and dodged it!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and since I still had my summer-wheels on<span id='postcolor'>

Summer tyres? Madness! Are they colour co-ordinated for each season? smile.gif

Ok Darklight. No harm done then. smile.gif I don't want to annoy anyone especially someone allmost got thinned out. sad.gif I really was almost killed 3 times before like I described. The cave thing was chilling to me because it was a very unexplored cave in Alabama [boy Scout trip]. The rescue would have taken hour and hours. It probably would have been one of those tv situations. I must say though that I would certianly have been killed on impact in any case! Splat! So yeah I know just how you feel. To this day I will not enter a cave [even a safe comerial one.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Badgerboy @ Oct. 07 2002,06:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and since I still had my summer-wheels on<span id='postcolor'>

Summer tyres? Madness! Are they colour co-ordinated for each season? smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Since danes a luxury people, we hate the noise tires do when they are rough. And in the summertime theres no need for it, so we change tires from summer to winter and vise versa smile.gif

Lol, I got a friend who actually parked on rail during an entire night. He was too drunk to drive so after 3 minutes he gave up, parked at the side and fell asleep right on that damn rail. But thanks god it was on a weekend and this was an industrial rail used by an industrial park.I dont know how often a train usually uses it but definetly once per day. tounge.gif