Sign in to follow this  
rekkless

How To Remove Vanilla Name Tags and Way Points

So my squad runs AGM, MCC along side with the Vanilla content (obviously) which mean at any given time there are 3 name tags for each player (1 for each mod and the vanilla ones).

We go down a more realistic approach on our server and I would like to remove name tags altogether. AGM is easy enough you can force them off in the editor, MCC is easy enough again through the editor or the in game mission settings. But I have no idea how to turn off the vanilla name tags.

Is there a script for the mission? or do I have to do it server side (We run a rented server so I might not have access to everything needed).

If possible can someone post up a script or offer any insight on how to remove the name tags.

Also I would like to remove way points. We want to use proper orienteering in our games and don't want people cheating with way points or also cheating with distances. Anyone know how to remove vanilla way points?

Its part of the difficulty options so you can either play missions on Veteran, or compare the difficulty options and turn off name tags on easier difficulties.

Its part of the difficulty options so you can either play missions on Veteran, or compare the difficulty options and turn off name tags on easier difficulties.

What do you mean by this?

Also does playing on harder difficulties make the enemies harder? Preferably I'd like to just remove the name tags permanently in the mission regardless of the difficulty.

Ok so it says everything i want to remove is 'Changable' but how do I go about changing it? It certainly isn't in the parameters.

I have similar problem

Should be easy to fix, just need some of your help guys.

So I'm running Arma 3 Epoch server on my Windows machine, no specific addons or admin pannels, just pure epoch server.

I wonder to know, how to disable player marker on the map (the red one, witch shows position and direction)? I'm using TADST launcher to strat my server, so veteran dificulty has been chosen and all tags and hud checkboxes are disabled with no result, also I haven't found anythig helpful in config files. Please help.

Open the yourprofilename.Arma3Profile document.

Search for "class Difficulties" without the quotes.

Under that will be the difficulty classes. Just edit to suit your needs.

yes, but I'm talking about own server config. If I'll change my profile like that others still can see player markers which is not acceptable

yes, but I'm talking about own server config. If I'll change my profile like that others still can see player markers which is not acceptable

servers have profiles too

ok, let me ask in a different way

Already disabled:

Enemy tag, Friendly tag, Hud, Hud Group Info, Hud Perm, Hud wp, Hud wp perm

and I still can see that bloody player marker, all others are gone. So the question is what variable exactly shall i trun off?

noone knows how to turn it off without paying 40$ for stupid infistar?

Ok so i managed to do it.

You need to find your profile file on the server. This is the servers profile not your own profile. And add this into it:

You need to make sure all the HUDWP ones are set to 0 and the Map one is set to 0

Also make sure you run the mission with one of those difficulties.

for more definitions on what all these setting do check out: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Difficulty_Menu

class Difficulties
{
class recruit
{
	class Flags
	{
		Armor=0;
		FriendlyTag=0;
		EnemyTag=0;
		MineTag=1;
		HUD=1;
		HUDPerm=1;
		HUDWp=0;
		HUDWpPerm=0;
		HUDGroupInfo=1;
		StanceIndicator=1;
		AutoSpot=1;
		Map=0;
		WeaponCursor=1;
		AutoGuideAT=1;
		ClockIndicator=1;
		3rdPersonView=1;
		CameraShake=1;
		UnlimitedSaves=1;
		DeathMessages=1;
		NetStats=1;
		VonID=1;
	};
	aiLevelPreset=0;
};
class regular
{
	class Flags
	{
		Armor=0;
		FriendlyTag=0;
		EnemyTag=0;
		MineTag=1;
		HUD=1;
		HUDPerm=1;
		HUDWp=0;
		HUDWpPerm=0;
		HUDGroupInfo=1;
		StanceIndicator=1;
		AutoSpot=1;
		Map=0;
		WeaponCursor=1;
		ClockIndicator=1;
		3rdPersonView=1;
		CameraShake=1;
		UnlimitedSaves=0;
		DeathMessages=1;
		NetStats=1;
		VonID=1;
	};
	aiLevelPreset=3;
	skillAI=0;
	precisionAI=0;
};
class veteran
{
	class Flags
	{
		HUD=0;
		HUDWp=0;
		HUDWpPerm=0;
		HUDGroupInfo=1;
		StanceIndicator=1;
		AutoSpot=1;
		WeaponCursor=1;
		ClockIndicator=1;
		3rdPersonView=1;
		CameraShake=1;
		DeathMessages=1;
		NetStats=1;
		VonID=0;
	};
	aiLevelPreset=3;
	skillAI=0;
	precisionAI=0;
};
class mercenary
{
	class Flags
	{
		HUD=1;
		AutoSpot=0;
		WeaponCursor=1;
		DeathMessages=1;
		NetStats=1;
		VonID=0;
	};
	aiLevelPreset=2;
};
};

If your talking about the cursur when pointing at a player with AGM and it popus up thier name and rank? That can be edited in AGM Options above the vanilla menu in ESC menu. However Cursur wise, I do beleive you have to turn the difficulty to veteran in etheir the decription.ext or the main multiplayer server host menu. I'll look more into it today. Have a nice day.