Sign in to follow this  
BigQEd

Where in the **** is the linux server port?

as denoir said, patience.

BIS came up with patches within a yr. if I recollect here are patches

1.29(beta)/1.30

5 patches all with in a year frame. so roughly 2 months until next patch.

ofcourse, the cycle doesn't continue since BIS came with 1.75, more known as resistance at the end of June. and it's been nearly 4 months since BIS last released update(OFPR).

and VBS is mostly done by Coalescent, and BIS gives then uber-help in case of need.

and of course, BIS has other projects too.

but we saw that up until a few months ago, they were running 1.82 beta test servers. it was subsequently closed because according to SUMA, the netcode changed, and it is different from socket netcode we have right now.

and considering that BIs deleivers there promise, i wouldn't worry about them keeping their words. also, OFPR had some new bugs, so it might take time. and seems like BIS is taking good note of the forum. and one of the most requested things is Linux server.

So, patience is virtue. just like making love. you ejaculate at right moment.... tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Oct. 04 2002,15:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and considering that BIs deleivers there promise, i wouldn't worry about them keeping their words. also, OFPR had some new bugs, so it might take time. and seems like BIS is taking good note of the forum. and one of the most requested things is Linux server.<span id='postcolor'>

Wanna guess what my most requested thingy is for mp biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (HellToupee @ Oct. 04 2002,04:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Wanna guess what my most requested thingy is for mp biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

You're right, JIP is the most requested feature... Because you have requested it at least 500 times now

Id say focus on starting Linux up, or if its alrdy in building mode, step up the process. Crap that isnt neccessary to work on should be held off. Work on the more important improvements at first hand.

Just give us what we want. No Linux = less servers = less sales = less profits. I don't know about BIS but im in business to make money and keep my customers happy.

ok i will be honist on this. i am shure Linex is just dandy. but honistly not all of ous play on dedicated servers. as for me when i do play its off of GS which most people seem to complane about but its free and i dont have any problems with it. and i have had plenty of good and fun games hosting off of just a normal persons computer. just because there isnt a Dedicated server for OFP dose not mean that OFP will go down in flames. Honistly in my opion i feel that BIS has given the comunity as a whole outstanding support.

He is a GaySpy using n00b but he's right. Not everyone plays on Dedicated servers. The players on Dedicated do not show the whole story. Although Dedicated is what matters really.

Dedicated Servers bring in the big crowds... they make up communities.

Do you think games such as CS, MOHAA, Wolfenstein, Quake or any other BIG selling game would be what they are if you had only private servers for real small groups?

Not that OFP is comparable to any of these in gameplay... but it still demonstrates where success lays. Dedicated Servers are the heart of any successful MP game. And ALL of those have Linux versions... (BTW)

kinda funny how one person can call another person a noob just because of the software he or she uses. maybe i dont go to dedicated servers because i dont have the "requierd" ping that eveyone wants. so i sit and look around for people who are "nice" and would like to play a variety of people. the nicest people i think i have played where on personal systems and not the dedicated server. but this is my own opion

sad.gif well i guess its going to come down to time now. if we dont get a time schedule then i guess im going to lose my stomping ground (Fraghaus).i hope it doesnt come down to this cause i would probably just move on to something else. the best thing about play on a dedicated server is the people. i can say that all the people that play on the server reguarly. (5th,Hit_Sd,FHA,MOD,USMC(sometimes USMC lol)) are great people and i consider each and everyone my friend. now to lose all of this because we cant get a simple date? thats just low. and if it would come to pass i would never buy another BIS/Codemaster product again.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LBGS_Stewart @ Oct. 04 2002,16:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">kinda funny how one person can call another person a noob just because of the software he or she uses.  maybe i dont go to dedicated servers  because i dont have the "requierd" ping that eveyone wants. so i sit and look around for  people who are "nice" and would like to play a variety of people. the nicest people i think i have played where on personal systems and not the dedicated server.     but this is my own opion<span id='postcolor'>

Your ping would have to be good somewhere, or you wouldn't be able to play on hosted games either. Have another look around, there must be a dedicated server near you, if your ping is under 350ms or close to it you'll be welcome at GP.

And unfortunately my opinion is that the small games and using Gamespy is for n00bs. If you use Gamespy that is fine I just hate the software and feel dirty just using it to power the OFP ingame browser.