Sign in to follow this  
svarun

Custom Group

Is it possible to add a custom group to Zeus? For example, I make a group of AI and make them use a custom loadout in mission editor. Is it possible to save a "template" of this group and have it in Zeus, so that I can add AI units with the same loadout, without having to use Arsenal function in Zeus?

Thanks.

I am also very interested in this. It's definitely possible, as there are mods that add in custom modules and new units (RHS Escalation, Ares modules, etc), but i'm not sure exactly how. If anyone has some further insight on this i'd love to know!

I am also very interested in this. It's definitely possible, as there are mods that add in custom modules and new units (RHS Escalation, Ares modules, etc), but i'm not sure exactly how. If anyone has some further insight on this i'd love to know!

It's not possible. Units and groups are initialised on game start, and can't be edited on the fly.

It's not possible. Units and groups are initialised on game start, and can't be edited on the fly.

Sorry, I didn't mean that they could be edited on the fly or created during runtime, just that they could be added at all to Zeus' unit menus. There are mods that add new units and custom group configurations, things like that, it's definitely possible, i'm just not sure how it's done.

They are done through the config.cpp that the mods/addons have, my redressing script in my signature may be of interested as it allows you to use the vanilla units/groups, but it will then "redress" them in gear that you define (modded or otherwise), it may not be as exacting as you want, but it's a possibility.