Georilla

6thsense Community

Hey there,

This is probably a long shot, but I wanted to try anyway. There used to be a gaming (co-op mostly) community, 6thsense, of which I was a member of for many years (roughly 2005-2011, of which the first 4 years were the most active ones). For one part we used to play OFP, ArmA, ArmA II. I think a lot of people know Sickboy, of course, for his part in the developing part in Bohemia and modding. He was (together with two others) the creator of the community.

Anyway, long story short; the community kinda fell apart in the end, people went their own way. I had many wonderful memories, but sadly lost contact with almost everyone. It has been years, and I think most modders/developers there are now part of SixNetwork / PlayWithSix.

I wrote this wondering if any, or some ex-players would read this & are still active in somekind of co-op environment? I haven't been part of that kind of community/group for years, I miss it. Even though I have a feeling most people stopped playing, I wanted to check Anyway. I guess I am kinda looking to be part of a group again, friendly bunch playing serious realistic games. ArmA, of course.

Cheers,

Geo

Hello, I remember playing with 6thsense! I played in 2009, but not for very long because family and work kept me busy. They were a really great community, and I enjoyed playing with them. I'll watch this thread to see if anyone else replies. Once summer is here, I'll have time to play Arma again.

Very interesting to read:).

I was still very much active in 2009, at least on the forum and probably a few times in ArmA 2. Although my activity faded during the latter ArmA 2 period a bit, but I always kept in touch right until the end.

It was a special place for me, I grew up in the community (literally, I was 12 when I joined up in summer 2005, back then it was a Vietcong-based community, right before they also started playing OFP and later ArmA).

Edited by Georilla

6th Sense fell apart and much of the remnants of it went on to form tier1ops.eu although as that evolved various pieces of that community drifted apart during the A2 days. When Arma 3 came out Tier1ops grew enormously and was overrun with a different culture, so nowadays you won't find any there as far as I know. We have a few at Charlie Foxtrot certainly but I know quite a few have drifted away from playing the game after what happened at Tier 1 ops, that marked the end for them. We still have 3 actively playing and are in contact with another 4 or 5.

I see, I never quite understood the reason why everything fell apart. Nobody gave a reason, so I just floated about after that like a lone wolf, never straying into a permanent group anymore.

I see, I never quite understood the reason why everything fell apart. Nobody gave a reason, so I just floated about after that like a lone wolf, never straying into a permanent group anymore.

Not sure if the whole torrid story is really appropriate for general discussion but as far as I know none of the admins that formed t1o and hence the falling of 6thsense play anymore. Some of the membership do and now run CFO. I don't know of any other community that tracks its lineage back to 6thsense anyway, not that still survives. There was one near the end of Arma 2 days but it wasn't very big and fizzled out some years back and the name isn't coming to me. Depending on what you are looking for we might be able to help you. Our gameplay is definitely an evolution of 6thsense and Sonsalt's training methods refined over the years. If you are looking to get in contact with a particular player I might have an email address or other contact details. Just let me know.

Just saying Hi! as I always love a reunion with the cool guys I used to play with during the 6thSense days :)

Sadly never found a group I enjoyed playing with as much after, but happily got a nice collaboration with Sickboy and Sonsalt out of it, developing on Play withSIX :)

Always in for a nice old-fashioned coop if more of the old community appears in here.

Not sure if the whole torrid story is really appropriate for general discussion but as far as I know none of the admins that formed t1o and hence the falling of 6thsense play anymore. Some of the membership do and now run CFO. I don't know of any other community that tracks its lineage back to 6thsense anyway, not that still survives. There was one near the end of Arma 2 days but it wasn't very big and fizzled out some years back and the name isn't coming to me. Depending on what you are looking for we might be able to help you. Our gameplay is definitely an evolution of 6thsense and Sonsalt's training methods refined over the years. If you are looking to get in contact with a particular player I might have an email address or other contact details. Just let me know.

I am very curious about some people I remember quite vividly and if they are still around (most of them are "dinosaurs" in the sense they were already on 6thsense during Vietcong/OFP/ArmA, because during ArmA 2 there were lots of new members coming in, that was when things started to get really big), I'll send you a PM, perhaps you know if they are still there.

I recall that after the boatload of members coming in, then the way we played started to change. From semi-realistic to very serious/realistic. I remember there was some resistance inside, and during that time I guess things started to fall apart a bit. Especially since Vietcong was dying (game of old age), which was the main game of the community for a long time. After that the remnant players of Vietcong started a new community which fell apart in a few years time too.

Just saying Hi! as I always love a reunion with the cool guys I used to play with during the 6thSense days :)

Sadly never found a group I enjoyed playing with as much after, but happily got a nice collaboration with Sickboy and Sonsalt out of it, developing on Play withSIX :)

Always in for a nice old-fashioned coop if more of the old community appears in here.

Hey there, I remember you, you joined the ship during ArmA 2 if I recall correctly ;). We played together a couple of times, that much I know for sure.

Edited by Georilla

I was a member briefly before everyone drifted away. The few times I got to play with the group was an absolute blast! Unfortunately I had to start working more on weekends and couldn't continue. Glad you started this thread!

EDIT:

I remember Paragraphic, Legend, Ollem, Philly, Wilbry, Remo... Oh man, there were many others but my memory is failing me.

Edited by Khugan

Sorry guys, but this has very little to do with A3, so I moved the thread here until I find a better place for it/it dies down. Happy reminiscing :)

I used to play in the 6th Sense community a very very long time ago, and after all these years I can now say that it was the nr 1 multiplayer gaming experience I ever had. I started playing DayZ with all the new updates, and I was hoping that the community with all the prolific individuals like Sick Boy is still here...

awesome memories and awesome fun :)