Sign in to follow this  
 EO

[SP] Nuclear Dawn

Hi folks, i would like to offer my first ever mission to the Arma community.:)

OVERVIEW:

While the battle rages between NATO and CSAT forces in Western Altis, The FIA have found evidence of nuclear warheads being stored at a compound near Pefkas Bay. Latest intel suggests the warheads have been loaded onto trucks ready for transportation. You are to lead a 4 man squad tasked with infiltrating the compound and destroying the trucks.

GAMEPLAY:

Single-player/2 Player COOP. Approach the mission how you see fit, but stealth is recommended. No mods required.

As this is my first attempt at mission making, any feedback from the community would be great.

Enjoy!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=384069854&searchtext=

Armaholic mirror:

- Nuclear Dawn

Edited by evil-organ
Added Armaholic mirror
  • Like 1

Nice, seems a pretty solid mission overall. Liking the PP effects, works well. Plot and everything seems pretty solid. Liking the campfire/smoke signal thing. However for the most part the AI just isn't shooting back at me. Both at the first outpost and up to the two guys lying near the first truck my team can shoot at them and kill them and they remain completely oblivious. I'd be surprised if mods are causing this but I am running MCC. If you can't think of anything (like a left over set captive) then you can probably rule it out as a mod conflict and not worry about it.

Couple of other things

Markers on the map: Perhaps one on the start location and one on the target compound.

Change the player name and voice, at the moment it uses your profile so for me I've got an American voice set, and the name shows up as Jona33. I'd just recommend changing that. Definitely a good first attempt though, looking forward to what is next.

EDIT: One last thing, when getting the reinforcements to join your group I'd change their names in the action from Civ1 and Civ2. Maybe marksman and medic instead?

Edited by Jona33

@Jona33 Thanks for the feedback, will look into some of the points you've made and try and rectify them. Cheers dude.:)

---------- Post added at 14:21 ---------- Previous post was at 13:55 ----------

Based on some feedback, i've changed the behavior of the enemy patrols from "careless" to "aware". Hopefully they will engage with the player a bit more.

A few more tweaks here and there.:)

@Jona33 Thanks for the feedback, will look into some of the points you've made and try and rectify them. Cheers dude.:)

---------- Post added at 14:21 ---------- Previous post was at 13:55 ----------

Based on some feedback, i've changed the behavior of the enemy patrols from "careless" to "aware". Hopefully they will engage with the player a bit more.

Awesome, that sounds like the problem (and would explain why the static guys did engage me, in fact they engaged me very effectively....)

Tip : If you want them to stand with lowered rifles, set them to "SAFE"; they will switch to "AWARE" as soon as they spot enemies. ;)

Awesome mate, thanks for the tip:)

Updated first post with mirror for Armaholic.

Big thanks to.....Big!:)

Hi folks, just updated the mission to support 2 player COOP. Enjoy:)

Just tried this old mission, and here are my observations:

1) Overview is lacking

2)Ambient lighting interesting, but this monochrome lighting obscures the enemies a bit too much for my taste

3)Mission itself interestingly challenging, sometimes a wee bit annoying due to 2)

4)Mission ends before I can blow up the trucks (because they roam around in the base).