Sign in to follow this  
memphisbelle

Clutter and sdurface cfg´s are not included while binarizing

sorry for writing again, but I think this thing is not very common.

TB things are working great, pboproject is packing and binarizing successfully (well at least somehow)

only the cfgclutter.hpp and cfgSurfaces.hpp have not been included while binarizing.

Thus the clutters are not showing up.

This is how the unpacked pbo looks like after

46b29fd67e.png

this is my config, the includes are at Line 1958 for the clutter and the end of the config for the surfaces.

http://pastebin.com/ZLRKETHX

these are the cfgclutter.hpp and cfgSurfaces.hpp just in case they are needed.

cfgclutter.hpp

http://pastebin.com/KLCeFMtW

cfgSurfaces.hpp

http://pastebin.com/gKiXiVed

Does anyone know what I have made wrong?

Thanks in advance

I don't think you did anything wrong. I don't see any direct settings for binarising that stuff so maybe you need to do it manually?

I did find this page: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/pboProject

And it mentions this near the bottom:

Ability to have any mix of pre-binarised/pre-rapped AND plain Jane files in the source folder.

--------

Reading your post again, I think I misunderstood. Did your clutter work before?

Reading your post again, I think I misunderstood. Did your clutter work before?

no, it didnt worked at all so far. I tried everythings from including up to having the classes in the config already. Nothings worked so far.

I also checked whether the texture names are correckt by the way...just if the question should come up.

I will take a look into the thread you´ve posted.

I eyeballed your cfgSurfaces and cfgClutter for errors but can't see anything wrong. I've been coding for most of the day though so my tired eyes could be missing something.

The WIKI page has some pretty good information on what the program does, have you tried View Outputs to see if it complains about anything? The BIN logs could be interesting too.

have you tried View Outputs to see if it complains about anything? The BIN logs could be interesting too.

yes, I did...for what I understand from this, I´d say PboProject means everything is fine:

MEM\MEM_IslaSorna\cfgClutter.hpp
1 file(s) copied
MEM\MEM_IslaSorna\cfgSurfaces.hpp
1 file(s) copied
rapify x32UnicodeVersion 1.75, Dll 4.91 "config.cpp"
scanning cfgPatches...ok (altered)
No Error(s)
Output is to config.bin

whereas I am not sure whether its a correct process when the files have just been copied...but thats out of my knowledge about this

I'd just run rapify on those files for now. Eventually someone will come along who knows the answer.

I'd just run rapify on those files for now. Eventually someone will come along who knows the answer.

how do you manage to get your clutter showing up ingame...I mean this cant be black magic, I did always manage to get them working earlier by the include commands...Interesting to know what has been changed that it is no more working.

Mine still work. I didn't really do anything special for it, back when Jakerod's first tutorial was still easy to obtain, I grabbed that, made a working template setup and copied that ever since. I haven't worked much on my first island yet as I got sidetracked doing code stuff.

Like I said, it's very much possible I've missed something obvious while going over your files.

OK, thanks nonetheless for you effort trying to help me out in this matter.

May be I Need to contact some "old friends" if I Keep stuck with this, cya.

Memphis. If you are using pboproject change the .hpp to just .h for both of those files and also inside the config so it reads #include "cfgclutter.h"

Once it's included in the main config they are not needed anymore but it you use .h the file won't be packaged into the pbo since it's not needed because like I said it gets included into the main config.

Not sure if that will help but it's worth a try.

Memphis. If you are using pboproject change the .hpp to just .h for both of those files and also inside the config so it reads #include "cfgclutter.h"

Once it's included in the main config they are not needed anymore but it you use .h the file won't be packaged into the pbo since it's not needed because like I said it gets included into the main config.

Not sure if that will help but it's worth a try.

Hey there M1lkm8n and thanks for looking into this thread, I´ll give it a try and will Report back when I did so.

OK, I tried it and I now got the configs having included into the config.cpp, so this issue can be skipped now.

The clutters are not showing up nonetheless...I have checked everythings and dont really know what the reason is for this.

so this leaves me holding on for a while and start looking for typing issues or other reasons for this issue to happen.

But the thing with the .h instead of .hpp is somethings I really wonder about. Most of the terrain guys here are using hpp filetype, isnt´t it?

What I would do is delete all but the first clutter listed and see if it shows up. If it does,

then go back and add one type clutter at a time,checking whether it also shows up or not. Sort of a process of elimination.

I know it takes a good amount of time this way but it may be the only way to track down the problem.

Memphis. People in the know use the .h ;)

It's the same thing but pboproject know to not include the hpps in the pbo where addonbuilder does not.

Edit--

I would say to change your config. Do you have to inherit right from caworld or can you inherit from stratis?

There's a sample config in jakerods new atlas tutorial. Use that one and change it to suit your island and see if that fixes things

Edited by M1lkm8n

Before I try the mentioned things I wanted to ask whether this might cause some things...I just made the lintCheck with Eliteness (latest version) and it sayed no errors for the config.cpp and the cfgsurfaces.h, but it does for the Clutter. h.

This is what it has said...might this be responsible for the issue?

Screenshot of the errormessage

http://puu.sh/flIiN/aab11ffd4c.png

Clutter cfg:

http://pastebin.com/UKz9pye4

@hdchristopher, the Clutterlist was taken directly from the stratis config as well as the cfgsurfaces, but I´ll nonetheless give it a shot what you´ve mentioned.

[...]Do you have to inherit right from caworld or can you inherit from stratis?

hmmm...what does that mean?

This is how it looks like in the config

class CAWorld;
class Stratis: CAWorld

There's a sample config in jakerods new atlas tutorial. Use that one and change it to suit your island and see if that fixes things

I am going to do that

reporting back as soon as I got new results. Thanks for your advices so far guys.

You need to add

class defaultclutter;

In the clutter cfg

I´ve added the class Defaultclutter to the cfgClutter.h and now there are no Errors anymore in the config, cfgsurfaces and cfgclutter (Eliteness LintCheck). No Clutter ingame nonetheless. I believe that there must be somethings wrong deep in my Island. I also encountered somethings strange about binarize crashes. I cant tell it at the Moment, but I try to explain that a Little later. But I can tell so far...the reason for the Binarize crashes I came across today made no sense :(

I feel so stupid, I remember reading about the .h thing at one point but totally forgot about it. Glad you got it all working Memphis

I feel so stupid, I remember reading about the .h thing at one point but totally forgot about it. Glad you got it all working Memphis

well, the configs are now included, but the clutter issue still persists...however, no reason to feel stupid ;). I just need to dig deeper in order to locate the reason for this issue.

EDIT:

removed the "dick" :D

Edited by MemphisBelle

Uhm, I think you mean 'dig deeper' but it sounds like you're getting ready to get down and dirty with it ;) hdchristopher was right about trying one at the time, once you figure out the error you can just got back and correct your original file if necessary. Good luck!

I have this problem too. I followed Jakerods The Atlas tutorial to the letter.. Is this related to PboProject or something else?

Any solutions?