NeoArmageddon

Map Builder - Ingame 3D-Editor for terrain creation

Thanks, that helped me a lot. There is indeed a rounding issue. I will look into it. But as I am currently moving to the new export and project file format, I hope this is correcting itself ;)

As for know you can work on your project and wait for the next release to export it (hopefully) correct.

Ok :)

Thanks a lot for the quick answer ;)

I love you'r mod !!!!

It is exactly that we needed for edit in ARMA 3 !

But ... (yes i know ^^) too many crash on object :s

A1 = Crash ( Well there I can understand )

A2 = Some object made crash the game (crate, signs)

A3 = All is good

Config = Some object made crash too ( Well there I can understand )

So ... AWESOME MOD !!!! BUt with some crash :s

I wait for next update :D

GREAT JOB ANYWAY !!!

Holy mother of fuck Neo, this is a masterpiece of the modding comunnity.

Holy mother of fuck Neo, this is a masterpiece of the modding comunnity.

Thanks! But I still have much to do on MB ;)

yesterday i've done a lot of stuff on my altis map, i saved it etc, but today when i wanted to do some other stuff etc it doesn't load the map, i have a screen if u want, it says thing like bank 0 and succes: files is clossed, i really want ur help.The probleme is that when i load my save, nothng appear.

Please post the contents of your @MapBuilder/projects/yourprojectname.mbp file here.

I uploaded a testbuild of MapBuilder 0.7.3.

This build is not tested and may be instable (more than 0.7.2^^). I added a new project file format, so all projects saved with this build are incompatible with the old versions project files. But old projects can be loaded and converted.

I also changed the 3d preview to RTT instead of dialog objects and I hope this fixes the crashes some user experienced. This version also has some more debugging enabled.

http://map-builder.info/downloads/MapBuilder_Testbuild1_0.7.3.7z

It would be awesome if some of you could test the new build and post here if they still have crashes. I also would like to know if the project save/load/import/clear works as expected.

Changelog for this testbuild:

• Added favorites.
  • Added RTT 3D preview.
  • Added more debug logging.
  • Added new project file format (this enables some cool new features in the future).
  • A lot of fixes and improvements.

Ok i'm trying it now :) Btw i can't load the mission.sqm ^^ And i've done another map so it's ok, but now i just can't load the mission.sqm so i can't have the proper one with all the changes i've done.

---------- Post added at 08:08 ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 ----------

I have another probleme, when i load the mpb file it says project not found. (with the version 0.7.3)

Thanks, I will look into it.

Edited by NeoArmageddon

Thanks for the cool editor Neo. i tried the previous version and it worked pretty well but I wasn't able to figure the keybindings to rotate camera etc.

just downloaded the 0.7.3. version but it seems to require AiA so I can't use it.

error message:

Addon 'MapBuilder_A1_EditorObjects' requires addon 'AiA_CA_Data'

any change for version that doesn't depend on AiA?

(the previous version worked fine without it although it gave error message too)

Thanks for the cool editor Neo. i tried the previous version and it worked pretty well but I wasn't able to figure the keybindings to rotate camera etc.

Spacebar. But I will move it somewhere else in the next update. Was just a try.

Addon 'MapBuilder_A1_EditorObjects' requires addon 'AiA_CA_Data'

any change for version that doesn't depend on AiA?

MapBuilder doesn't depend on AiA. Only the Editor Upgrade does. Just Copy "MapBuilder_A1_EditorObjects.pbo" and "MapBuilder_A2_EditorObjects.pbo" in another folder (for example @MapBuilder/AddOns/optional/).

Sorry if this wasn't clear.

Cool I did that but my problem seems to actually be with "neo_rieda_cfg" in the sqm file of the mission.

So i deleted all the lines with "neo_rieda_cfg" and now the mission loads.

---------- Post added at 13:24 ---------- Previous post was at 13:09 ----------

one more thing. when I save a project and try to load it, the sidechat says "project loaded". but the objects do not appear in game.

Edited by gc8
making new post

Cool I did that but my problem seems to actually be with "neo_rieda_cfg" in the sqm file of the mission.

So i deleted all the lines with "neo_rieda_cfg" and now the mission loads.

Damn, forgot that again...

one more thing. when I save a project and try to load it, the sidechat says "project loaded". but the objects do not appear in game.

With the version I linked here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?187572-Map-Builder-Ingame-3D-Editor-for-terrain-creation&p=2909088&viewfull=1#post2909088 ?

yep I just tested with that.

But I think i found the problem. the objects are created on Load after all but at wrong coordinates.

I figured that there's 40000 added to the objects X value upon saving/export. otherwise the coords were right.

but sandbags become invisible, I don't know whats the problem with those.

yep I just tested with that.

But I think i found the problem. the objects are created on Load after all but at wrong coordinates.

I figured that there's 40000 added to the objects X value upon saving/export. otherwise the coords were right.

but sandbags become invisible, I don't know whats the problem with those.

40000? Upon project save? That shouldn't be the case! Just tested myself and everything works like a charm.

Upload your mbproj file please.

40000? Upon project save? That shouldn't be the case! Just tested myself and everything works like a charm.

Upload your mbproj file please.

here's the contents of the file:

["object",["B_static_AA_F",[[402909,1637.47,0.0749998],0,0,0,false,false,1]]]
["object",["Land_BagFence_Corner_F",[[402908,1638.82,0.000999928],0,0,268.015,false,false,1]]]
["object",["Land_BagFence_Corner_F",[[402910,1638.88,0.000999928],0,0,0.772073,false,false,1]]]
["object",["Land_BagFence_Corner_F",[[402910,1636.43,0.000999928],0,0,89.5589,false,false,1]]]
["object",["Land_BagFence_Corner_F",[[402908,1636.37,0.000999928],0,0,182.316,false,false,1]]]
["object",["Land_BagFence_Short_F",[[402909,1639.14,0.000999928],0,0,0,false,false,1]]]
["object",["Land_BagFence_Short_F",[[402909,1636.07,0.000999928],0,0,0.882319,false,false,1]]]

the actual coords where my player is and where i created those objects is: [2914.99,1638.04,0.00143862]

Can you go to the debug console and enter this

{
if(!isNull _x) then {
diag_log format["%1 %2",_x,getposATL _x];
};
} foreach MB_Objects;

And then go to your arma3.rpt, locate the diag lines of the objects and post it here?

Can you go to the debug console and enter this

{
if(!isNull _x) then {
diag_log format["%1 %2",_x,getposATL _x];
};
} foreach MB_Objects;

And then go to your arma3.rpt, locate the diag lines of the objects and post it here?

ok here's the output before using load in mapbuilder and after

13:57:35 "[]"
13:58:08 Warning: no type entry inside class MB_Main/controls/RscObject 
13:58:17 "[MB_Object_UID0,MB_Object_UID1,MB_Object_UID2,MB_Object_UID3,MB_Object_UID4,MB_Object_UID5,MB_Object_UID6]"