Sign in to follow this  
swae

Help! i cant play online

I really dont like gsa.

yea, i really hate it mad.gif

confused.gif my problem:

I cant host/join a game over the internet it shows the splash screen then goes to the "coutndown" screen for a second then to wait for server, and it stays there forever, that little light flowing back and forth keeps moving and OF doesn't crash.

I have OF gold ed.

have it updated to version 1.46 (1.2, 1.3{gold}, 1.46).

I have tried reinstalling

cant find anywhere in the game to setup its route to the net.

I tried going into a friends server and it didnt work either

I have made sure the windows firewall was off(its always off)

I have also tried playing with my other firewall off

system:

1.5G AMD athlon xp

windows xp home(holy f tounge.gif k is it buggy)

1GRAM

G-force 2mx400

aDSL at 765Kbps

Creative Labs Extigy

I also have resistance but I havent installed it yet.... if i install it can i still play OF cold war online with my friends that only have the regular version?

thanks in advance!

Make sure that you disable Windows XP's ICS (Internet Connection Sharing), which will interfere with DirectPlay games. Furthermore, either disable ICF (Internet Connection Firewall), or configure it to open the ports required by OFP.

If you hate GameSpy, try using The All-Seeing Eye to locate servers. It doesn't support Resistance (and likely never will), but it does support the versions you are talking about.

Finally, when you install Resistance, it leaves your earlier non-Resistance version untouched, so you can continue to play with people who do not have Resistance.

first off,

big thanks Mr. Frag.

I tried the Eye, and I have the same problem. I also have tried it with my firewall disabled and i made sure ICS was off. This is really buging me because this game is amazing.

okay, now its gotten really weird.....

I installed Resistance and now I can play Resist online with the eye but OFp still doesnt work.

swae - this sounds to be a direct-x problem.

ofp-r is using sockets (ok you can use also direct-play, but

i suppose this ain't work aswell like in ofp-cwc)

ofp-cwc is using only direct-play (direct-play = wink.gif )

reinstall the latest version of direct x, and try it again.

~S~ CD

thnx for the help!

keep the advice coming, i still cant get it to work. sad.gif

here is the current status of my problem:

system

-------

Windows XP Home Ed

AMD Athlon 1500 XP

Geforce 2 mx400

Creative Labs Extigy

aDSL @ 756   -( on LAN threw a router )

-----

all drivers and programs are fully updated

I have tested it with my firewalls off and no change occours

Operation Flashpoint - Cold War Crisis - Gold Ed. updated to 1.46

Operation Flashpoint Resistance

I have no other patches or upgrades for OFp

I have reinstalled the game multiple times

"" reinstalled Direct X 8.1

Used both Gamespy Arcade and the All Seeing Eye.

-------

Resistance works fine both on and offline.

Cold war works offline

Cold war doesn't work online, check above for info

**new discovery, I cant run flashpoint from my start menu, it keeps saying the wrong disk is inserted, but the correct disk is in. If I start the game with the autorun from the disk it works fine(only offline).

Big thanks in advance for any help, comments or rude banter at my expense.

Guest BratZ

Mister Frag was pretty thorough but now you state you have a router..I would look there

I haven't played OFP online in a while and I didn't really buy it for that so sorry,I can't help much

I just enjoy the single player instense gameplay

um, yea, but i am pretty sure mr frag nows if i have dsl i also have a router, since its kinda needed.

Ugh.....

LAN party this weekend..... time running out..... must fix............

What is that "other firewall" you mentioned? Is it software-based, or built into your router?

If it is software-based, it might keep a profile for specific processes that indicate what ports and activity is permitted. You would have to configure each process independently, and repeat this when a patch is applied.

Its software, I have checked its security logs and it hasn't blocked anything related to ofp/gsa/eye. 

well, i think it is time to yeild to my computer. Anyone know where to get a copy of Win98?

thanks for the help smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (swae @ Oct. 19 2002,01:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Anyone know where to get a copy of Win98?<span id='postcolor'>

You could try your local store or microsoft.com, personally I don't think your problems are XP, I've been using XP pro for a long time and it's a great OS smile.gif

Yes, I have been told that WinXP is good, but only by people with pro, and I dont have the extra $300 to upgrade sad.gif

But i must also say that it could very well be something i messed up in my comp. at some point but me and/or my software cant find a problem anywhere. Very starnge things happen, like i think I have been hacked strange... I had a shotcut on my desktop change its icon right in front of me. Ok, I'm gonna go take some classes on this stuff, then I am gonna come back and show my computer who's who.

How bout formatting and starting afresh? Can be a pain to get all your crap installed again but you'll notice the difference if it hasn't been done in a while smile.gif

okay, I reinstalled/formatted. But I still have the same problem. On the bright side my comp. is running a bit faster biggrin.gif

As for oppening up a bunch of ports, I dont like that idea. Something about 50 wide open spaces for people to come strolling threw...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (swae @ Nov. 16 2002,19:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">okay, I reinstalled/formatted. But I still have the same problem. On the bright side my comp. is running a bit faster biggrin.gif

As for oppening up a bunch of ports, I dont like that idea. Something about 50 wide open spaces for people to come strolling threw...<span id='postcolor'>

I would consider opening the ports at least temporarily to see if that fixes the problem. If it makes no difference, by all mean, close them all again. But if that fixes the problem, at least you know what is going on and can work on tightening security again.