Sign in to follow this  
GeeBoMac

Making MP3s play through microphone

Awhile back I was playing on a server, and this guy would type something, and it would make a sound, he said it was an MP3 from his computer and there's a way to play it automatically by simply typing something into chat. I was wondering if anybody knew how to do that, i've tried finding it online but couldn't find anything about it.

that would get you banned from our TS server, and most likely many others, so why would you want to pursue that ?

i think the player ingame was reffering to "custom sounds" wich not every server would accept

the player uses the radio menu to play a custom sound eg: 0-0-1. the name of the sound file without the extension would be displayed in chat of the current channel and playing the sound for that channel

custom sounds are uploaded to the other players during the connect to server progress and some servers allow it or allow a limited filesize

uploading the sound files might lag the server during connecting so its not recommended and the more players online the more you need to upload

if your really intrested here's the link https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Multiplayer_Custom_Sounds_Tutorial

other options are teamspeak plugins that play sound files for example "soundboard" but it tends to be buggy and annoying for other people

I didn't mean in the TS, I mean in-game, kind of like HLDJ for CSS, Gmod, TF2 etc.

spamming music through VON is a quick way to get yourself banned from servers

There exist software that can stream the speakers sound to the mic. Search and you shall find.

-iPod or phone

-$1 speaker cable from dollarama

Yes, watch out for music spam. Funny at first but can get annoying and get you booted out.